Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Springs???

onlypoopypants

I know this might already been said or what not,but isn't kinda fishy that springs went down with the "hamstring"before game time. Maybe i just missed it during the week or something but i didn't hear anything about it.It makes me think they finally found out in house who was Tom Friends source. Would we put it past Williams to do something like that?Think back to last year with Lavar and even though we could of used him during our losing streak last year and at other times,Old boy Gregg's ego was to big to let him play cause him and Mr.Nickles had a Falling out.Just something i was thinkin about while i sat in the stands freezing to death watching the game slip out of our hands.

As much as Im preaching and praying for stability, I have this funny feeling we are in for another big makeover, Redskins style this offseason at Ashburn. I hope Springs doesnt go anywhere, Im hoping our coaching staff stays in tact for more then two years at a time. Im hoping we dont get rid of our quality players just because their contract is up for renewal. Im hoping "new players in a new system" isnt our mantra again next season. I want year two in the same offense again. Am I asking too much?

If what you are saying is true and I don't believe it is,then we should fire Greg Willams!!!!

I 100% concur..........

No Springs has meant the end of this season. Of all the players without a doubt, he was the one this team could ill afford to lose and he ended up playing what 3 games this entire season...WOW!

I know this might already been said or what not,but isn't kinda fishy that springs went down with the "hamstring"before game time. Maybe i just missed it during the week or something but i didn't hear anything about it.It makes me think they finally found out in house who was Tom Friends source. Would we put it past Williams to do something like that?Think back to last year with Lavar and even though we could of used him during our losing streak last year and at other times,Old boy Gregg's ego was to big to let him play cause him and Mr.Nickles had a Falling out.Just something i was thinkin about while i sat in the stands freezing to death watching the game slip out of our hands.

Normally I would say this is just a ridiculous conspiracy theory, but your username lends it a measure of credibility.

...Think back to last year with Lavar and even though we could of used him during our losing streak last year and at other times,Old boy Gregg's ego was to big to let him play cause him and Mr.Nickles had a Falling out.Just something i was thinkin about while i sat in the stands freezing to death watching the game slip out of our hands.
I guess you could call it a falling out, but Williams did not like the way Lavar played because of his freelancing ways. Lavar did not fall into the scheme in which Williams coached. His later injuries didn't help out either. My :2cents:

banner.gif

Quite possible, but whereas the loss of Lavar was (despite what some homers here on the board believed) insignificant, the loss of Springs is HUGE. If he's out of the picture, we'd better be locating someone VERY good to replace him. Springs was the best CB in the NFL in '04, and still an elite CB in '05.

I'll just say this. A good friend of mine from this board ran into a member of the local media who's he's run into before. Said media man, after some prodding, said that Springs was the source and that the media and most of the team knew last weekend. Now, it may be coincidence that he wasn't on the injury report and was suddenly made inactive but I believe it's not partially because I'm certain he was the source. I guess will all find out in the offseason. Somehow, I don't think him and GW will be here next year. As Gallntfox said, i believe he's been "lavar'd".

It's funny how most of you here that are calling Gregg Williams all of these names and wanting him fired, are the same ones that proclaimed him the second coming of Joe Gibbs and praised him for his tough defenses.

Nothing has been substantiated as far as the unnamed player telling a reporter about his dissatisfaction with Gregg Williams and the way he coaches the defense. Until such player mans up, it's all rumor by an unhappy player, nothing more but some of you take this garbage as pure gospel.

I seriously still don't know about it being Springs. It just doesn't sit right with me. Earlier in the season (after the Eagles loss?) he was the one the media caught yelling about how the players need to shape up and play, calling them out. The way the quotes are worded in the article, it just really seems like it's Prioleau to me. The way the direct quotes switch from "we" about the preseason to "they" about the season.

I seriously wish the whole article had never come out. It seemed like the final nail in the coffin for this season.

I seriously still don't know about it being Springs. It just doesn't sit right with me. Earlier in the season (after the Eagles loss?) he was the one the media caught yelling about how the players need to shape up and play, calling them out. The way the quotes are worded in the article, it just really seems like it's Prioleau to me. The way the direct quotes switch from "we" about the preseason to "they" about the season.

I seriously wish the whole article had never come out. It seemed like the final nail in the coffin for this season.

I'm glad it came out. The truth Hurts. Plus its a big reason we beat Carolina in my opinion.

Archived