Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shawn Springs???

onlypoopypants

without Springs this defensive backfield is an open hole. does anyone really think that Gibbs and Williams are going to sit Springs down and purposefully lose a football game that ultimately THEY will be raked over the coals for? :)

I seem to remember losing games to tatum bell and the like courtesy of highway 57 last year and that problem dissapeared once Lavar was back

Disclaimer: Yes, I agree Lavar shouldn't be here anymore. Maybe though, he was treated a little more harshly than necessary.

Whether Springs is the anonymous source or not, he shouldnt be back here next year. You just cant trust him to stay healthy and it killed us this year. I hope we sign Nate Clements and Fred Smoot as our #1/3 corners for next year. Clements, Rogers, Smoot sounds pretty damn good to me!

I know this might already been said or what not,but isn't kinda fishy that springs went down with the "hamstring"before game time. Maybe i just missed it during the week or something but i didn't hear anything about it.It makes me think they finally found out in house who was Tom Friends source. Would we put it past Williams to do something like that?Think back to last year with Lavar and even though we could of used him during our losing streak last year and at other times,Old boy Gregg's ego was to big to let him play cause him and Mr.Nickles had a Falling out.Just something i was thinkin about while i sat in the stands freezing to death watching the game slip out of our hands.

I said this in another thread, but I think its worth repeating. I, too, think SS was the source of the Friend article, but its hard for me to see that being the reason why he didn't play this week especially when GW and Co. admittedly knew who the "source" was before the Carolina game. If you look back to GW's post-game quotes he mentions that the guy who was the source of the article played great against the Panthers. If the coaching staff wanted to pull the guy out of the lineup as a way of getting back at him, why would they wait the extra week when they already knew who he was? Doesn't add up for me.

Springs missed the game becuase he was "injured," just like he has been for over half the games the past two years. It doesn't matter how good you are when you can't bring it to the field. We need a soild AND dependable #1 corner.

meek, I meant to adress that in the last thread but maybe they just hadn't decided yet or weren't 100% yet that it was him? That game was within, what 36 hours of the release of the article? Like I said, we'll know in a few weeks. Admitedly, I'm just speculating and going by my thoughts on it but, I just have this feeling Springs is getting the Lavar/Archuleta treatment.

I know this might already been said or what not,but isn't kinda fishy that springs went down with the "hamstring"before game time. Maybe i just missed it during the week or something but i didn't hear anything about it.It makes me think they finally found out in house who was Tom Friends source. Would we put it past Williams to do something like that?Think back to last year with Lavar and even though we could of used him during our losing streak last year and at other times,Old boy Gregg's ego was to big to let him play cause him and Mr.Nickles had a Falling out.Just something i was thinkin about while i sat in the stands freezing to death watching the game slip out of our hands.

I would think there would be some huge legal/player union ramifications if this were the case.

without Springs this defensive backfield is an open hole. does anyone really think that Gibbs and Williams are going to sit Springs down and purposefully lose a football game that ultimately THEY will be raked over the coals for? :)

I have a lot of respect for you and your posts but I would not put that past GW at all after the situation with Lavar last season. He was pretty much blackballed even though he obviously was the more effective player last season.

I had the same exact thought as the original poster when I saw Springs in street clothes.

Today's Post says that Springs said "he feels better than he has all season" and that he's going to play.

Now, how is it that David Patten is out practically all season with a hammy, and Moss missed a couple games with a hammy, but Springs is able to recover to '100%' in less than a week?

Hmmmm.....

Today's Post says that Springs said "he feels better than he has all season" and that he's going to play.

Springs was quoted as saying that his injury was "mild" and that he felt a little "twinge" and now he's 100%.

Sounds debilitating enough to me to keep him out of a game of this magnitude on his own volition.

maybe you guys are right i am just speculating and in no way do i dislike GW i love the man. I was just thinking of why he didn't play while Mr."Toast" was getting burned all day where SS was cause i never heard anything of his hamstring injury.Plus if he thinks he feels that much better now on monday after we needed him in a game that affected our slim playoff hopes he wasn't that hurt to begin with and he was punished.

If Springs was benched for leaking, then he should have. As much as it helped the Defense that one game, he handled things wrong. He went to the press.

How is this any different then when players around the league are punished for disiplinary reasons? It's not. It happens all the time around the league. The fact that the kept it quiet, and left it as an "injury" and not punishment for going outside the team I think shows class.

Now, how is it that David Patten is out practically all season with a hammy, and Moss missed a couple games with a hammy, but Springs is able to recover to '100%' in less than a week?

Hmmmm.....

because there are different degrees of a strained muscle. - Did you also notice that Moss sat out a game because of his, came back for a game, then sat out another game. Moss said himself that in his experience a mild strain can become worse by coming back too soon. - Would have it been wise to rush back an older player who gets injured easily?

I agree with Bulldog that it'll have more to do with his age then with any conspiracy theories if he's not on this team next year.

I myself would prefer us to get another #1CB and move Springs to nickel.

I seriously still don't know about it being Springs. It just doesn't sit right with me. Earlier in the season (after the Eagles loss?) he was the one the media caught yelling about how the players need to shape up and play, calling them out. The way the quotes are worded in the article, it just really seems like it's Prioleau to me. The way the direct quotes switch from "we" about the preseason to "they" about the season.

I seriously wish the whole article had never come out. It seemed like the final nail in the coffin for this season.

Well there you go!

Think about it. Isn't it interesting that Prioleau didn't play Sunday, hmmm?

First off I'm going to make sure to use the term 'Lavar'd' in a conversation at least once a day from now on

Secondly, I was sitting in traffic listening to the radio an hour before the game, and heard "Oh by the way Shawn Springs won't be playing", and it took me about ten seconds to piece together what probably happened. The article had already described him to a T.

It wasn't exactly subtle about it either

"Uh he's a Kryptonian, he wears a blue costume with a red cape. Theres a yellow S on his chest. He can fly and he has an alternate identity who works as a news reporter. But I won't say who it is!"

Archived