Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention Grounds Crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FunBunch7

DO NOT, I repaet, DO NOT mow the lawn this week!!!!!!

The only player on the Falcons that can beat is is Michael Vick. If we have long, tall grass, this should slow him down enough for us to possible contain him. I'm not afraid of his passing but his legs are a different story.

Last 4 games the Falcons are 0-4 and we are 2-2...we are at home and beat a really good team this past week. If we win this one...we are seriously in the hunt!!!!

Don't mow the lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why dont the skins just allocate Vick to one player, either a safety or linebacker, and he is responsible for keeping him quiet, all the allocated player has to do is make sure he doesnt run for the first down.

Geezzz...I wonder why no other team ever thought of that. :doh:

DO NOT, I repaet, DO NOT mow the lawn this week!!!!!!

Uh.........Vick would flick off the grounds keeper and then security would have to remove him and then he'd flick off our fans and players and then what the flock would we do?:laugh:

So, mow the lawn and we'll contain him with replaying his famous flick on the jumbotron as he gets sacked;)

And, it does make one wonder how many loyal fans will be at the game since he displayed his flustration to them on National Television:doh:

The field at Fed-ex is made up of Tif-way bermuda grass. This is a warm weather turf that goes dormant in the cold weather. That's why they pour the sand and the paint on it this time of year.

Let's beat Vick and Co. by playing solid defense and a high power offense. Not by gimmicks like all white uniforms, too many trick plays, etc.

Actually I think defending their O is pretty simple - at least in theory.

You can single up their receivers because even when wide open they are 50:50 to catch it and thats on the rare occaisons Vick looks their way. You then double Crumpler all over the filed with a LB underneath and a safety over the top - Fox for us.

In fact I think you will some combination coverages with corners in zone and man in the middle. Zone so that when Vick does take off the DBs can see it and react to force rather than have their backs to the play.

You then have Sean Taylor spy Vick all day long - he is one of the few players in the league who can keep up with Vick. If Vick wants to run he better head toward the sideline before #21 introduces himself. Vick will still break off some gains - he is that good with his feet - but not enough to cover up all the other holes they have in their passing game.

The real key is our ability to shut down their running game and get pressure with our front 4 and 2 LB's. If we can do that we are in good shape.

I like our O versus their D. If our O'Line shows up in the same mood as we showed versus the Panthers we should win this by more than a touchdown. If we get on top early they could fall apart.

I agree with MartinC we need to have Taylor spy him. If Vick takes off he will think twice about going for the long gain and most likely step out of bounds. He knows if him and Taylor hit at full speed Taylor will break every bone in his body. I really think with Sean we have a great advantage containing him running.

Actually I think defending their O is pretty simple - at least in theory.

You then have Sean Taylor spy Vick all day long - he is one of the few players in the league who can keep up with Vick. If Vick wants to run he better head toward the sideline before #21 introduces himself. Vick will still break off some gains - he is that good with his feet - but not enough to cover up all the other holes they have in their passing game.

You havent watched much of Sean Taylor getting beat in a foot race this year have you? He is not Superman. Why would we have a Saftey for spying reasons anyway, makes no sence.

I agree with MartinC we need to have Taylor spy him. If Vick takes off he will think twice about going for the long gain and most likely step out of bounds. He knows if him and Taylor hit at full speed Taylor will break every bone in his body. I really think with Sean we have a great advantage containing him running.

You are crazy too. So we play one safety deep against some burners. Even though they have dropped some passes, they can still run. Why would you gameplan against someone that you can allow to run the ball like he does but takes everything out of the offence himself?

You are crazy too. So we play one safety deep against some burners. Even though they have dropped some passes, they can still run. Why would you gameplan against someone that you can allow to run the ball like he does but takes everything out of the offence himself?

Running and catching are two different skills ;)

They are a team that runs the ball about 35 times a game - with about 10 of those being scrambles by Vick. I like making Vick beat you with his arm versus beat you with his legs.

When he does pass he looks for Crumpler as he is the only guy he trusts to catch the ball on a consistent basis. Take away Crumpler and make him think twice about scrambling and you severly limit their offense.

I hear what you say re Taylor not being superman but he is just about the fastest safety in the NFL - if anybody can spy Vick its him. He only has to get a couple of big shots on Vick and it will slow him down a LOT.

Vick is a fantastic athlete - probably the most gifted guy physically to play QB and however you scheme him he has the potential at any time to beat you with a big play. I think you have to gameplan for im in a different way than any other QB in the league.

Archived