Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Joe Gibbs' Press Conference 11/20/06

JimmiJo

What makes you think there isn't accountability?

It seems fans would cut half the players and bench the other half, but how does that improve your team? We put in people with less ability than what is in there already? That doesn't make sense to me.

Face it, some things aren't going to get fixed until the offseason, because there isn't much they can do about it right now. You play with the players you have.

Jason

Oh, I don't know Jason, maybe the fact that Holdman is still playing...we've got a rookie we traded up for who hasn't sniffed the field except on "teams" which apparently is more important to gibbs than anywhere else.

Please link me to an example of Parcells saying "X-player sucks."

Coaches don't do that, or at least good ones don't. How would that be productive? Should he say it just because a frustrated fan sitting at his computer at home is frustrated and wants to vent? How would the team respond to him singling out a player?

Your posts already have shown that you understand the problem. You should get it - it's obvious. Why would the obvious need to be stated?

he does it after every game. If the secondary gives up a touchdown, he will say who's responsibility it is.

He tells it how it is instead of avoiding simple questions by talking about how great our fans are.

Tell me, what does talking about how great the fans are do anything to help us? It seems like he is just trying to keep the fans on board while he knows that this team is a piece of crap. Why not just come out and say it?

Obviously it's doing something for them, because they are the ones looking at the playoffs while we are the ones looking at the draft.

Oh, I don't know Jason, maybe the fact that Holdman is still playing...we've got a rookie we traded up for who hasn't sniffed the field except on "teams" which apparently is more important to gibbs than anywhere else.

Maybe it is because Holdman is playing decently (which he is) and that Rocky is still learning the defense?

I think Marshall is more of a liability on defense than Holdman right now. Maybe we should be asking why Campbell isn't replacing him. (Maybe because that happened once before and it wasn't an answer.)

Jason

Maybe it is because Holdman is playing decently (which he is) and that Rocky is still learning the defense?

I think Marshall is more of a liability on defense than Holdman right now. Maybe we should be asking why Campbell isn't replacing him. (Maybe because that happened once before and it wasn't an answer.)

Jason

Ok, that's it. Jason--please tell us what your real name is and what your role is at Redskins park...you must work for the team.

I just can't take you seriously when you claim that Holdman is playing decently. And seriously, how much worse could Rocky be at learning the defense than any of the other 11 guys are right now? Apparently, they either don't know the defense that well or the defense sucks. No LB on this team is playing decently when we give up 180 rushing yards to a 2-7 team. Give me a freakin break!!!

Jason

see, thats the problem right there. Our approval of mediocur play. There is no way holdman is playing anywhere near good. He misses tackles and overruns rushing plays ALL THE TIME.

Now, putting rocky in obviously wouldnt solve all the defensive problems, but what do we have to lose by putting him in the game? He needs to get exposure, and for a guy who we gave so much up for, its kind of sad he can't even see the playing field for us

:laugh:

either way you're retarted...

I understand that you may not have much respect for Gibbs right now because the past 3 seasons are all you know of the man. In that respect I can accept your aggravation but for those of us who lived through his first go around and enjoyed what he did for the team, please understand that calling him senile and retarded is not the way to go.

Now if you are not willing to accept that piece of advice then let me try this.......

Young man, you are barking up the wrong tree here. Just go and do your homework then maybe we will let you watch some cartoons before bed time. ;)

Jason

Then bench Carter. Or bench Marshall. The only player on defense who has been benched for poor play this year is Archuleta. And he actually does half of his job correctly.

There is never accountability on defense unless somehow the player personally angers Williams. And then it just becomes some kind of nasty, personal feud. And there never seems to be any accountability on offense period.

And how freakin' hard can it be to learn the defense? He's been playing football his whole life. He's been in camps and practice since May. He played at Miami for God's sake, which has a bigger payroll than the Skins. It's not differential equations out there. Brian Urlacher might be mentally retarded and he seems to understand the Bear's defense pretty well.

And as for your theory that Archuleta still has a future here, I think his agent's comments today kind of ended that. This is going to end ugly.

Ok, that's it. Jason--please tell us what your real name is and what your role is at Redskins park...you must work for the team.

And what are your credentials for evaluating players?

Fact is, you don't know how Rocky is doing, and neither do I. If the coaching staff thought that such a move would improve the team, they'd do it.

Jason

Coach. If we are gonna lose anyway, why can't we lose with some different players? Campbell was a step, no, a giant leap in the right direction. How about trying TJ, Rocky, bring up some guys from the practice squad? Sit down some of these million dollar players who suck. All of this politically correct BS is starting to make me sick. If Dallas had played the way we played yesterday, would Parcells have been so gracious? Instead of "they fought their guts out" how about "if they play like that next week, I'm gonna rip some guts out".

I just can't take you seriously when you claim that Holdman is playing decently. And seriously, how much worse could Rocky be at learning the defense than any of the other 11 guys are right now? Apparently, they either don't know the defense that well or the defense sucks. No LB on this team is playing decently when we give up 180 rushing yards to a 2-7 team. Give me a freakin break!!!

My admittedly uneducated eye was on the linebackers most of the second half... only Marcus can shed a block. When Marshall or Holdman get locked up, they NEVER get off their blocks. Tackling is horrible.

How anyone could say the linebacker play has been good -- or atleast was good yesterday -- is amazing.

Fact is, you don't know how Rocky is doing, and neither do I. If the coaching staff thought that such a move would improve the team, they'd do it.

Jason

Man, you really do work for the team, don't you? I don't have a football resume to hand to you. I see what I see, just like you...except that you happen to be wrong in this instance.

If the coaching staff thought such a move would improve the team, they'd do it??????????????????

LMAO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.........you mean like, keeping Brunell in the game for 3 yrs, letting Clark and Pierce and all of our other "core" players go?? This coaching staff can't figure out anything right now...I think our 3-7 record is evidence of that.

Jason

thats the whole point of what he just said. It DOESNT matter if he is worse. The fact is, he needs to get in and get playing time, REGARDLESS of how he does. We are 3-7 and in need of some change. This would be another good start for us to start looking forward to our future

Jason

Right...the appeal to authority defense.

Teams have absolutely worn us out on his side of the field. I know enouigh about football to know that if you are giving up 100 yards per game to weakside, you have a problem at weakside linebacker. Maybe McIntosh stinks too. Let's at least find out.

There is never accountability on defense unless somehow the player personally angers Williams. And then it just becomes some kind of nasty' date=' personal feud. And there never seems to be any accountability on offense period.

And how freakin' hard can it be to learn the defense? He's been playing football his whole life. He's been in camps and practice since May. He played at Miami for God's sake, which has a bigger payroll than the Skins. It's not differential equations out there. Brian Urlacher might be mentally retarded and he seems to understand the Bear's defense pretty well.

And as for your theory that Archuleta still has a future here, I think his agent's comments today kind of ended that. This is going to end ugly.[/quote']

i agree. i can't understand they can't believe the coaching staff can't find some packages or schemes that arch can execute.

i can't believe they can't find some matchups or pass rushing moves that carter can execute. having him do a bruce smith all day makes no sense.

also why don't we ever blitz up the middle? all qbs do is step up into the middle and throw big completions.

Ha! I wish I worked for the team. Nice to know that your opinion is infallible. ;)

Jason

My opinion is nowhere near infallible...just ask my fiance :). But you my friend are actually defending the stat lines of a player that had 6 tackles yesterday (holdman) and one that had 4 (marshall) on a defense ranked 30th in the league, on a team that is 3-7, and you're arguing that McIntosh might be worse than them??? That he doesn't "know the defense" well enough to play???? Are you crazy???

When you see McIntosh on the field this weekend starting in Holdman's place, will you at least come back on this thread and admit how wrong you were?

When you see McIntosh on the field this weekend starting in Holdman's place, will you at least come back on this thread and admit how wrong you were?

If we do. And I won't be 'wrong' because I'm defending the coaches decisions. I have nothing to be wrong about. All I'm saying is that there is probably a reason why Rocky isn't starting, just as there was a reason why Lavar wasn't starting.

Jason

Great idea. Let's fire another coach. Going out and getting new coaches has worked so great for us in the past. :rolleyes:
Remember last season? How can you say gibbs is terrible...we made it to the playoffs and won a game...

Let's see. We are 3-7 with an astronomical payroll. There is no accountability whatsoever on this team. It is painfully obvious that he still wants Brunell as the QB and it is killing him that Campbell is playing. This is the guy we had to trade up for and Gibbs still wants him to ride the pine in favor of that piece of garbage Brunell. Gibbs' lame-ass rhetoric is enough to make someone wanna jump off a bridge. "We're all in this together" is his answer after every game, every loss. How's that working out for ya Joe? He needs to grow a pair and let these guys know what they are doing is completely unacceptable. Nah, nevermind the guys are fighting their guts out :rolleyes: and they are in it together.

Archived