Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Joe Gibbs' Press Conference 11/20/06

JimmiJo

This one is a classic:

Reporter: "Asides from Jason Campbell does anything else make you feel good as you look into the future?"

Gibbs: "I think the fans..."

I nearly fell out of my chair after that one. I mean its nice to feel appreciated, but its pretty sad to think that WE are the most promising aspect that this entire team has to offer besides JC.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

best quote from Gibbs ever!

It's amazing how Gibbs refuses to make a commitment to Campbell. Brunell gets the longest leash in the world, and if anyone else is at QB, Gibbs refuses to give them room.

So sad but so true. I wonder what it is. He is personally close to him? He doesn't like that the guy he hand picked didn't really amount to that much? He simply doesn't approve of all the passing over 5 yards going on now? Campbell is your guy now, get it through your head and commit to him. Ugh.

maybe tell is as it it? We payed the guy 20 million dollars to come in and be a starter for us, and yet, VERNON FOX is starting ahead of him.

Maybe Gibbs should take a page out of parcells book and tell it how it is; "He flat out sucks". There is only so much sugarcoating a situation can do, and Gibbs has definatly worn it out this year

Ok, so calling out a guy in public is going to help the team how?

I swear, all the fans seem to want nowadays is blood, and the more the better. Other than making some fans feel better, I don't see how that makes the team better.

Jason

Ok, so calling out a guy in public is going to help the team how?

I swear, all the fans seem to want nowadays is blood, and the more the better. Other than making some fans feel better, I don't see how that makes the team better.

Jason

Well, maybe if there were some consequences and accountability around here, this team would wake up from their season long slumber and begin playing.

Well, maybe if there were some consequences and accountability around here, this team would wake up from their season long slumber and begin playing.

And Archuletta being, for the lack of better words, benched is not accountability? I think there is more accountability than one may think, however, Gibbs doesn't air it in the media.

What makes you think there isn't accountability?

It seems fans would cut half the players and bench the other half, but how does that improve your team? We put in people with less ability than what is in there already? That doesn't make sense to me.

Face it, some things aren't going to get fixed until the offseason, because there isn't much they can do about it right now. You play with the players you have.

Jason

maybe tell is as it it? We payed the guy 20 million dollars to come in and be a starter for us, and yet, VERNON FOX is starting ahead of him.

Maybe Gibbs should take a page out of parcells book and tell it how it is; "He flat out sucks". There is only so much sugarcoating a situation can do, and Gibbs has definatly worn it out this year

Please link me to an example of Parcells saying "X-player sucks."

Coaches don't do that, or at least good ones don't. How would that be productive? Should he say it just because a frustrated fan sitting at his computer at home is frustrated and wants to vent? How would the team respond to him singling out a player?

Your posts already have shown that you understand the problem. You should get it - it's obvious. Why would the obvious need to be stated?

Nobody "fought their guts out" ???

This foolish quote is a bit old. We are a 3-7 team right now. What Gibbs says to the media is classic Gibbs. I am more concerned about how he talks to the players and their response to him. So please, just give it a rest. Please!

Major props to the guy who asked something along the lines of: So Sean Taylor is playing at a high level and the linebacking corps is playing so well that our 2nd round draft pick can't even get a sniff of the field and yet we're ranked #30 on D??? What gives?

My thoughts exactly.

Archived