Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Joe Gibbs' Press Conference 11/20/06

JimmiJo

Now that I've actually gotten to watch the entire presser, I have just a few comments.

A good amount of people here get me friggin sick to my stomach in how they misrepresent Gibbs comments. I’ve never seen a bigger group of whiney little school girls just looking for something to cry about because the team isn't doing well.

I didn’t see one single instance where Gibbs sounded unsupportive of Jason, nor did I see him showing undue love for Mark. What in Gods good name is wrong with saying Mark and Todd were super supportive of Jason ? Shouldn’t they be, or would you be happier to hear about them being whiney little girls on the side lines, which would be a lie. I watched Mark and Todd a good deal yesterday while I was on the field, and saw them up and cheering Jason on a few times, so I know Gibbs is being truthful.

Gibbs saying he was unsure on how Jason would handle taking the lead in meetings isn’t an unreasonable statement, and in no way unsupportive. It’s an unknown any team has to deal with when making a QB change, and that’s all he said in essence.

I saw one comment in this thread where the poster said Gibbs spoke to some players, yet in the presser he actually said he spoke to a lot of the players.

The man broke down each facet of the game, and when asked which was the problem, saying he doesn't see it as only one area, and were all together in it, that means it's a team thing. Live as a team, die as a team. So, what's the problem with that ?

I think people should start adding audio clips, or direct quotes from the transcripts to back up the BS they post about the pressers. Of course, that would cause a lot less unfounded statements about Gibbs, and that wouldn’t be fair, now would it. :doh:

Well thats twice in 2 days that you have beat me to the punch. I too just had a chance to watch it and have no idea where all the crying is coming from. He sounded very pleased wit JCs performance. I didnt hear anything in his voice that sounded like JC wasnt going to continue as the starter. Please point out one statement where he sounds unsupportive.

Now that I've actually gotten to watch the entire presser, I have just a few comments.

A good amount of people here get me friggin sick to my stomach in how they misrepresent Gibbs comments. I’ve never seen a bigger group of whiney little school girls just looking for something to cry about because the team isn't doing well.

I didn’t see one single instance where Gibbs sounded unsupportive of Jason, nor did I see him showing undue love for Mark. What in Gods good name is wrong with saying Mark and Todd were super supportive of Jason ? Shouldn’t they be, or would you be happier to hear about them being whiney little girls on the side lines, which would be a lie. I watched Mark and Todd a good deal yesterday while I was on the field, and saw them up and cheering Jason on a few times, so I know Gibbs is being truthful.

Gibbs saying he was unsure on how Jason would handle taking the lead in meetings isn’t an unreasonable statement, and in no way unsupportive. It’s an unknown any team has to deal with when making a QB change, and that’s all he said in essence.

I saw one comment in this thread where the poster said Gibbs spoke to some players, yet in the presser he actually said he spoke to a lot of the players.

The man broke down each facet of the game, and when asked which was the problem, saying he doesn't see it as only one area, and were all together in it, that means it's a team thing. Live as a team, die as a team. So, what's the problem with that ?

I think people should start adding audio clips, or direct quotes from the transcripts to back up the BS they post about the pressers. Of course, that would cause a lot less unfounded statements about Gibbs, and that wouldn’t be fair, now would it. :doh:

:applause:

Thanks ..I enjoyed this thread...thats entertainment..I felt like I was in a room w/lots of teenagers...at least some of you were polite...:cool: ..I actually found myself LOL to some of this...I didn't know men nitpik so much...I guess you're not that much different from us females after all;) ..

Can't wait until this week's game is over...this ship will sail again for sure..

HTTR:point2sky

Archived