Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I can live with white on white, I hate burgundy top white pants.

I agree, I hate burgundy on white. I don't care for white on white, but I can live with it. I hope everytime we have to wear the burgundy jerseys we wear the one of the throwbacks.

I think the R helmet was by far the worst helmet we've had and I was happy as hell when we got rid of it. The spear (both the original and the throwback version) is my favorite. I don't feel any FSU issues since they stole it from us. The Skins had the spear a full 10 years before they did.

The 70's anniversay uni's were my personal favorite. Even if they remind me of the Spurrier years.

Those were my favorites as well...my fiancee got me a regulation 70th anniv. helmet for the trophy case in my Skins Shrine room....niiiiice.

. . . I was told absolutley that the uniform was being designed by Reebok and were to resemble the 72-73 superbowl uniforms with the yellow helmet with the script R. I was also told that they would be worn at the home opener agianst the fins!!

Well, ok, but the uni with the yellow helmet is not from the Super Bowl VII team -- as someone must have pointed out by now. The yellow helmet uniform came in with Vince Lombardi in the late 60's and resembled Green Bay Packer helmets. I understood the Lombardi-Packer tie-in, but never liked those helmets. I didn't want an imitation Packer helmet (still don't). The more familiar Indianhead logo came in with George Allen.

When Lombardi came as coach, the Redskins changed the shade of the jersey from true wine-colored burgundy, to a lighter red. The pant's yellow shade was lightened to what was then called "championship gold."

I preferred those old wine colored jerseys, and NO, the 70th anniversary uniform did not match that shade. If you are under 40, you haven't seen a true burgundy & gold uniform. My all-time favorite Redskin helmet was the feather helmet, that I guess won't ever come back.

The 70's anniversay uni's were my personal favorite. Even if they remind me of the Spurrier years.

For the record, the Redskins were wearing the spear and feather helmet before the style was picked up by Florida State (not Spurrier's team, by the way, as both Seminole and Gater fans will tell you). FSU wore the logo on gold helmets, but the rest of their uniform in that period was red and gold resembling the Redskins.

Just fyi

(not Spurrier's team, by the way, as both Seminole and Gater fans will tell you).

Just fyi

I believe that he was referring to the Skins wearing those uni's when Spurrier was Washington's head coach. I know we'd all like to block that out of our minds, but it is what it is.

So in other words it would look something like this?

LbrownWas.jpg

Im down with this look, it sure as hell beats the white on white

I'd dig that, if they modernize it a bit (and i don't mean change the layout, but apply teh same style, but use today's material, i.e. stitchign numbers on, and cuffed sleeves, etc.)

Initially, I was going for the R, but after reading this, I agree with the whole Lambardi issue...I don't like to think that he was trying to make us packers, even though they are a good org. I like the idea of the same style, but keeping the indian head, or even better, the more seasoned fans here have enlightened us with the idea of the badass feather.

Well, ok, but the uni with the yellow helmet is not from the Super Bowl VII team -- as someone must have pointed out by now. The yellow helmet uniform came in with Vince Lombardi in the late 60's and resembled Green Bay Packer helmets. I understood the Lombardi-Packer tie-in, but never liked those helmets. I didn't want an imitation Packer helmet (still don't). The more familiar Indianhead logo came in with George Allen.

When Lombardi came as coach, the Redskins changed the shade of the jersey from true wine-colored burgundy, to a lighter red. The pant's yellow shade was lightened to what was then called "championship gold."

I preferred those old wine colored jerseys, and NO, the 70th anniversary uniform did not match that shade. If you are under 40, you haven't seen a true burgundy & gold uniform. My all-time favorite Redskin helmet was the feather helmet, that I guess won't ever come back.

I think you need to raise that age to under 50. I'm 39 and I didn't start watching football until 1976. By then the feather helmet (which I find the ugliest although unique in it's nature) the spear and the R helmet were before my time.

Initially, I was going for the R, but after reading this, I agree with the whole Lambardi issue...I don't like to think that he was trying to make us packers, even though they are a good org. I like the idea of the same style, but keeping the indian head, or even better, the more seasoned fans here have enlightened us with the idea of the badass feather.

So very wrong indeed. From what I've read and heard, he was totally trying to make us like the Pack, but he wouldn't admit it. I mean, you go from Burgundy helmets to gold/yellow and the pants go from gold to Championship gold (if that really exists). Yeah, he was trying to be Green Bay south.