Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I love the black shoe look. I also love the shinier pants. They look new and refreshing. A b ig change from looking like they have been in the closet for 20 years.

My thoughts exactly! I've been wanting them to wear black shoes for the longest, and I've also wanted them to go with the "silky" looking pants as well. That uniform looked just right yesterday.

If the idea catches on, then, certainly, fans would buy up gold jerseys to add to their collections. Are you listening, Mr. Snyder?**

I would agree, that would be kind of weird to see at first, but I think that it's possible.

As for the pants, I guess we won't be wearing those white on whites this season. Hopefully we can see the Burgandy jerseys again. Seems like we never utilize the other jersey.

i know its been said many times. we should wear the dark burgundy and gold from the 70th anniversary as a 3rd alternate jersey....i personally think that should be our default uniform

That photoshop of the burgundy top and gold pants would be nice to see regularly instead of white pants on occasions

i know its been said many times. we should wear the dark burgundy and gold from the 70th anniversary as a 3rd alternate jersey....i personally think that should be our default uniform

I totally agree, "SKINchiefer", that the 70th anniversary togs would be an excellent alternate (3rd) uniform for the 'Skins, similiar to the Chargers and their Throwback Unis that they pull out a couple of times each season. I especially love the deep maroon helmets with the spear logo, however, I would prefer a more historically-correct version on the pants and jerseys (plain maroon jerseys with white numerals without the spear logo on the sleeves, exactly as they wore them from 1966 to 1969. Likewise, dark maize pants with just a thick maroon stripe down the side, without the 70th anniversary decorations). Now that would conjure up memories of Jurgy, Huff, Taylor, Mitchell, Jerry Smith, Paul Krauss, and, of course, Lombardi!!

however, I would prefer a more historically-correct version on the pants and jerseys (plain maroon jerseys with white numerals without the spear logo on the sleeves, exactly as they wore them from 1966 to 1969. Likewise, dark maize pants with just a thick maroon stripe down the side, without the 70th anniversary decorations). Now that would conjure up memories of Jurgy, Huff, Taylor, Mitchell, Jerry Smith, Paul Krauss, and, of course, Lombardi!!

I with ya, dood...:cool:

WHY in the world is this such a huge topic!?!?!? THe players can wear whatever they want. It's not up to the fans. Plus i bought a white pair of womens sweat pants to go with my white jersey!

Yes...thats right...thats the team spirit i have in philly...and i don't throw stuff at westbrook's mom either!

I with ya, dood...:cool:

. . .and for good measure, next season, the 25th anniversary of their first Super Bowl Championship, go back to the helmet logo they had for that one season (the strike-shortened 1982 season) with the feathers folded up against the shield, instead of hanging down straight. Arguably, the one of the greatest "one-season wonders" of all-time in gridiron garb, with the Miami Dolphins orange game socks of 1973, a distant second. The Dolphins wore orange game socks for that one season and beat the Vikings in Super Bowl VIII wearing them. They wore them again in 2003 on Thanksgiving Day for their Throwback Unis and beat the Cowboys that day.

:cheers:

Go 'Skins!!! Clobber Atlanta!!!

...And it had me thinking, "could a gold (3rd) jersey be much further behind for the Redskins" at least on an experimental basis?

I've been asking for a Gold jersey for awhile.

I think this would really go.

Burgundy letters and just a touch of Burgundy on the the sleeves.

I've been asking for a Gold jersey for awhile.

I think this would really go.

Burgundy letters and just a touch of Burgundy on the the sleeves.

I totally agree, burgundy numerals outlined in white, with burgundy lettering on the nameplates, and, also, burgundy side panels would make it look really sharp. I think a gold (3rd) jersey would be a really cool alternate jersey, at least on an experimental basis, such as pregame warm-ups, roughly the equivalent of MLB's batting practice jerseys the players wear before games.

This would also make a very nice bonanza for Mr. Snyder, with fans snapping them up for their collections. Why, even his new buddy, Tom Cruise, would love them, because his football team wore gold jerseys in the movie, "All The Right Moves". (Are you listening, Mr. Snyder)

Sometimes I like a lighter topic.

I do think its important though...I really do hate the all-white look. If we are gonna wear white pants we should pull the burgandy jerseys out of hiding. Contrast is the key...

:D

Funny thing...I don't like the burg. jerseys with the white pants. I do like the white on white uni's, but they were definately starting to get old. I know I'm late to this party, but I am glad that they brought the burg. pants back this past week.

BTW, I didn't vote because I don't agree with any of the options.