Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I penned a letter -- yes, an actual letter -- to GM Bruce Allen this week, asking him to try to resolve the wonky striping issues with our uniforms and requesting that he bring back the Super Bowl Victory uniforms (white jerseys with burgundy pants) for at least some of our road games.  I know he's a busy guy, so who knows when he'll even get around to reading it, much less considering it.  Moreover, I freely admit that I'm a weirdo for having written such a letter.  :P

As for throwbacks, I didn't address that issue in my letter.  I really wish the NFL would loosen up its rules on alternate uniforms, allowing teams to use a fourth uni combo.

I know I'm the "Gold Pants" but I like the Burgundy ones too. Its really the white ones that I could do without. I'd be happy with a mix of

White Top/Burgundy Pants

White Top/Gold Pants

Burgundy Top/Gold Pants

Only time I'd do white pants is with the white top, which they don't do at all anymore.

• Like 2

I know I'm the "Gold Pants" but I like the Burgundy ones too. Its really the white ones that I could do without. I'd be happy with a mix of

White Top/Burgundy Pants

White Top/Gold Pants

Burgundy Top/Gold Pants

Only time I'd do white pants is with the white top, which they don't do at all anymore.

This is pretty much all they need to do.

I'd say add a home throwback, and use the 75th on the road for 1 game, and that's it.

Oh, for the Dallas home game, wear white jerseys / burgundy pants.  Make the pukes wear the blue jerseys.  Other than that one home game, and a throwback game, every other home game should be Burgundy on Gold.

For away, when the team wears white jerseys, split the difference.  Half the games wear gold, and half wear burgundy pants.

• Like 1

I'd say add a home throwback, and use the 75th on the road for 1 game, and that's it.

Why use the 75th jerseys every year? We only had those for two seasons and was never a significant part in Redskin history. The Radio Shack R helmets should be forgotten and erased from history.

I can live with the 70th. Then again, it's best if we move away from the throw backs.

Oh man, I like the "R" helmets, especially with the burgundy jerseys.

The 70th were OK, but way too busy.  I do like the burgundy used for them though.  It looks like same color that was used for the 80th, and if it were up to me, I'd roll with the true burgundy, rather than the cranberry color that is currently used.

I say this strictly from a fashion standpoint as opposed to being a hated rival, but the gold pants are an eyesore. It doesn't matter what color the jersey is (white or burgundy), those things makes my eyes bleed. 

The combinations I do like are the all whites or the all burgundy look. I don't even mind the white/burgundy crossover look, top or bottom. The gold pants are just too OUT THERE, ya know. 

At least your team has a thought process dedicated towards the uniform. Imagine being a Cowboys fan, having to settle for the same, mundane, unspectacular look every week, regardless of location, opponent, occasion (minus Thanksgiving). To even suggest a uniform adjustment, even wearing the blue jerseys (a uniform they already have in place) turns into a witch hunt, first born sacrificing. It's horrible. 

• Like 2

The gold pants are great.  Far better than the white pants.  The white pants need to be retired.  They are straight up 80's cheese.

Dallas should go back to the Roger Staubach era.  The royal blue jerseys with grey pants looked nice.  The current one is a mess with the navy star, royal blue number, and royal blue socks.  The blue jerseys should be royal, not navy.

roger_staubach_1974_09_01.jpg

That's TOO retro. I like the uniform Danny White has on in my avatar. The look is simple. Hard blue, high contrasting silver, and EVERYTHING matches. Very sharp. 

Talk about a 'cheesy' look. The gold pants, dude. Now THAT'S cheesy, in the purest form.

:D

The white pants for the Skins never get old.

Edited by dallasGOON

lol Yeah right. Not on EVERYBODY'S TV/HDTV/LCD Monitor/ Cell Phone lol.

They wear sea foam green pants lol

From 2010

http://The star on the side of the helmet will not change.

The star on the side of the helmet will not change.

But Richie Whitt of the Dallas Observer has turned up an interesting development. The Dallas Cowboys are considering a uniform switch this season. That’s because HD television, like the massive one the Cowboys have hanging from the top of their stadium, make their pants look green in certain lights.

Per the report, Bill Priakos, the team’s vice president of marketing, indicates a subtle change in the pants the team wears could be on the way. That is because Tex Schramm designed the pants to appear blueish silver on TV. They did just that until HD televisions came around and, well, reality sunk in. The pants, indeed, are greenish in a certain light.,

• Like 1

I'm not a real uniform guy, but I stumbled across a picture from of the throwback with the spear on the helmet.  That was a pretty good look.  I also liked the throwbacks from last year.

As long as they stay away from anything same on same (white on white, burgundy on burgundy), I really don't care.

Though, I grew up watching the 'Skins win SBs wearing white on burgundy. So, to me, that's probably the classic.