Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Regarding ESPiN and changing the nickname, ESPiN can go pound sound.  (But rather than doing that, I know that they'll give us another documentary about, say, the "greatness" of the WNBA and then hype said documentary like it's the second coming of Ben Hur.)

As to changing the color of the numbers, I like they way they look currently.  However, if one would like to see what dark numbers on a white/road jersey or gold numbers on a dark/home jersey would look like, USC offers a good real-world example.  And while I love my alma mater's unis, I prefer the way the 'Skins handle the jersey-number sitch.

And just say no to matte finish helmets!  Unless your team sports black helmets, the matte finish looks incredibly odd.  Also, after having our home jerseys and helmets not quite match each other in terms of tone for many years (e.g. the 1980s and parts of the 1990s), we got that issue sorted out, and now some people wanna mess with the finish on the helmets?  No thanks.

After seeing the attached Sports Illustrated cover of RG3, I'm more convinced than ever that the best (and easiest) fix to our uniforms is to drop the gold/white/gold/white/gold stripes from the socks, leaving the upper half (approximately) of the socks burgundy and the lower half white.  And we wouldn't even have to petition the league to make this small, less-is-more uniform change, as we already possess socks that look this way; we wear them with our white pants.  If this change occurred, our home unis would definitely be the best looking in all of pro sports, in my opinion.

post-114900-0-18405700-1377774932_thumb.

Has there been any kind of announcement regarding our color schemes this year?

Are we sticking with just the white and gold pants? Are we using the throwbacks at all?

Since there is another homecoming game and new throwback gear is being released, I would think we will wear them against the Chargers.

Has there been any kind of announcement regarding our color schemes this year?

Are we sticking with just the white and gold pants? Are we using the throwbacks at all?

Good question.  I was hoping we'd see the burgundy pants return this year.  I love the white on gold, more so than white on burgundy, but I still would like to see the white on burgundy at least twice a year.

They should drop the white pants all together.  All white doesn't look as good as either white / gold or white / burgundy, and the burgundy jerseys / white pants combo just doesn't look right.  It never has. 

I haven't heard anything about us wearing throwbacks this year.

We'll wear burgundy jerseys at home with hold or white pants. I think in the past couple of years, they've worn the gold pants at home the majority of the time with an occasional white at home. On the road, I can see us using the gold more often and if I'm not mistaken, the burgundy pants should be back to use occasionally with the white jersey.

But then again, TB made us wear our burgundy jersey on the road and we wore the white pants.

Edited by pjfootballer

That may have been from this season but I vividly remember it being top ten on ESPN last year.

Probably because it was before the name change bandwagon got steam 

Couldn't have been top 10 last year. That -12 means it dropped 12 spots from last year's rankings. Top 10 in football last year? Maybe.

I haven't heard anything about us wearing throwbacks this year.

We'll wear burgundy jerseys at home with hold or white pants. I think in the past couple of years, they've worn the gold pants at home the majority of the time with an occasional white at home. On the road, I can see us using the gold more often and if I'm not mistaken, the burgundy pants should be back to use occasionally with the white jersey.

But then again, TB made us wear our burgundy jersey on the road and we wore the white pants.

I don't think we can wear the throwbacks this year and use the burgundy pants.  That would be four sets of pants.

Like most of us have been saying, " If they would just stop using the white pants ". 

I don't think we can wear the throwbacks this year and use the burgundy pants.  That would be four sets of pants.

Like most of us have been saying, " If they would just stop using the white pants ". 

Correct.  We can only have 3 sets of pants.  Last year's throwbacks were for the 80th anniversary and we were supposed to wear them twice, but only wore them once. This is what I think will happen:

8 home games- Burgundy jerseys all 8.  Gold pants 6, white pants 2

8 away games- White jerseys 6 games (GB, MInn, Oak, Den, NYG, Atl) 2 games burgundy (Dall, Philly).  I think we wear our gold pants 4 of the six games we wear the white jerseys and 2 games with burgundy pants.  We wear white pants at Philly and gold at Dallas with the burgundy jerseys.

Correct.  We can only have 3 sets of pants.  Last year's throwbacks were for the 80th anniversary and we were supposed to wear them twice, but only wore them once. This is what I think will happen:

8 home games- Burgundy jerseys all 8.  Gold pants 6, white pants 2

8 away games- White jerseys 6 games (GB, MInn, Oak, Den, NYG, Atl) 2 games burgundy (Dall, Philly).  I think we wear our gold pants 4 of the six games we wear the white jerseys and 2 games with burgundy pants.  We wear white pants at Philly and gold at Dallas with the burgundy jerseys.

Sounds like you don't think we'll wear the throwbacks, at all.

Maybe, we'll  see.

I think we'll wear the throwbacks, and more than once.

Saving the white top/burgundy pants classic for the MNF beatdown.

?

I don't get it.  I really doubt yellow/gold pants produce more heat than the white pants.  That just doesn't make any sense.

Lighter colors especially white reflect the sun and, therefore, absorb less heat than darker colors. It is a factor for teams.

Saving the white top/burgundy pants classic for the MNF beatdown.

Lighter colors especially white reflect the sun and, therefore, absorb less heat than darker colors. It is a factor for teams.

But the gold pants are light, and it's a night game so the sun isn't a factor.  Sorry but that reason just doesn't hold up for the team wearing white tonight.