Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

...they should wear the throwback uni they wore against the Giants, but wear the current helmet with a grey facemask. That'll still be historically accurate and be a nice change up.

What do you guys think?

haha... yeah im not a fan of the throwbacks

am i the only one that HATES the fact that vince designed the helmet????

Why do you hate that?

bc he was only here for a year. its not like he was in the organization for a long time. PLUS he designed it to look more like the packers.... it just doesnt make sense that we would wear helmets he designed

...... imagine bill cowher coached for ONLY the 2008-2009 season, and during that season, he designed a new helmet for us that he based on the steelers helmet.... its basically the same thing, just a couple decades before

it would have been better if they wore red jerseys like they wore at home back then. It then would have been truly a throwback. The white jerseys are a Joe Gibbs thing.

Personally, I think we should play a full year with the Redskin helmet that they wore during the 1982 season with the feather tucked in. Not sure the significance of that at the time but it did bring us luck.

bc he was only here for a year. its not like he was in the organization for a long time. PLUS he designed it to look more like the packers.... it just doesnt make sense that we would wear helmets he designed

...... imagine bill cowher coached for ONLY the 2008-2009 season, and during that season, he designed a new helmet for us that he based on the steelers helmet.... its basically the same thing, just a couple decades before

Well, they looked like Florida St before Vince changed them. I think I'd rather look like a pro team more then a college.

It's a different time now and coaches don't have the kind of power to do that. I think the last coach to do something like that was when Jerry Glanville got the Falcons to go with all black uniforms.

Well, they looked like Florida St before Vince changed them. I think I'd rather look like a pro team more then a college.

It's a different time now and coaches don't have the kind of power to do that. I think the last coach to do something like that was when Jerry Glanville got the Falcons to go with all black uniforms.

haha... id much rather look like a college team. i dont want any nfl team or their fans to have the right to say we are biting their style in any way

with cowher i was just making a comparison. vince was a long time packer, like bill was a long time steeler

Are you SERIOUSLY comparing Cowher to LOMBARDI?

What's next? Comparing Nickelback to the Beatles?

:doh:

read the entire thread before you post.....

I did read the entire thread.

The comparison was absolutely absurd. Lombardi is the greatest coach of all-time. Cowher got a single gift Super Bowl.

If you can't see what's wrong with your analogy, then you need to do some more research.

I did read the entire thread.

The comparison was absolutely absurd. Lombardi is the greatest coach of all-time. Cowher got a single gift Super Bowl.

If you can't see what's wrong with your analogy, then you need to do some more research.

i would admit fault in the analogy, if i were comparing their acheivements in any way, but i wasnt. i was comparing the length of time they were with the team and the fact that they are identified with the team

i would admit fault in the analogy, if i were comparing their acheivements in any way, but i wasnt. i was comparing the length of time they were with the team and the fact that they are identified with the team

I think people identify Lombardi with the NFL as much as they do the Packers. Kinda like John Wooden with college basketball. Lombardi's name is on the trophy. That's why I don't get the problem you have with him designing a uniform for the Skins. I think it's pretty cool. How many other teams can say that?

I think people identify Lombardi with the NFL as much as they do the Packers. Kinda like John Wooden with college basketball. Lombardi's name is on the trophy. That's why I don't get the problem you have with him designing a uniform for the Skins. I think it's pretty cool. How many other teams can say that?

designing it is one thing, but making it look like your old team's? i hate that

Man it irritates me when people say our spear helmet looks like Florida State. They imitated OUR helmets, not the other way around. When the Skins retired the spear helmets, this is what FSU was wearing. OUR spear helmets came first, by far: