Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Guest Spearfeather

I think the "indian head " helmets would look great with the throwbacks. I like the gray facemask, neutral color, so the other colors stand out. Only other real option would be burgandy and I dont think that would look very good at all.

Also, I always hear people say the white at home is a Joe Gibbs thing, but I've heard before that the change to white at home, which came during gibbs first season I believe, was on the advice of Bobby Beathard, but I never heard why. I've also heard Gibbs say recently (during the white on white's ) that it's mostly up to the players.

I don't mind seeing a change as we've basiclly had the same uniforms since 1979, not to mention an overload of the white uniforms since we always wear them at home (minus Schottenheimer). Personally I'm looking for a change to the 1970's uniform. Burgandy at home.

Man it irritates me when people say our spear helmet looks like Florida State. They imitated OUR helmets, not the other way around. When the Skins retired the spear helmets, this is what FSU was wearing. OUR spear helmets came first, by far:

I love it when people bring facts and visual evidence to an argument. This is a slam dunk.

We didn't steal from Florida State. Florida State stole from US!

In Madden '08 the only uni options other than the current look are the ones with the spear helmet, and the plain burgundy helmet; nothing like what the Skins wore against the Giants.

Not true... they have the throwbacks we wore this year. The weird thing was that the yellow helmet did not have the R logo on it