Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final Fantasy XII

PF Chang

I like it so far. Little bit darker story than past FF's but I don't mind that one bit.

I thought I'd hate the license system at first but I'm kind of starting to dig the idea that you can, for the most part, create your characters in any way you'd like.

Yeah, the license board is pretty fun. I thought having to literally buy everything would be overkill, but it has meshed pretty well. Though (if you're at this point) I don't get how to use "Mist Charges."

This game has taken over my life. I'm something like 56 hours into it and I keep going back for more.

:laugh: I think my life's over as well...25 hours in the week since it's been out. When my girlfriend calls it's no longer studying, eating, or sleeping that I'm doing.

This game has taken over my life. I'm something like 56 hours into it and I keep going back for more.

This is exactly why I forced myself to stop playing video games and play online poker instead. It's easy to get up from a poker table, but not so easy when you're trying to complete something in a game......And then complete it and promise yourself just 20 more minutes......And then just one more hour.........And then...............

• 1 year later...
I just started playing this and im not sure what I think of it yet. I am only two hours into it though. As of now I don't think I like the battle system and don't quite understand the gambits either. I love the graphics and the opening story was good. I'll see where it goes from here.

Get with the times man :laugh:

I enjoyed the game, it was different from prior FF's but solid overall

I just started playing this and im not sure what I think of it yet. I am only two hours into it though. As of now I don't think I like the battle system and don't quite understand the gambits either. I love the graphics and the opening story was good. I'll see where it goes from here.

Got on ES for a few minutes before an exam and see an old thread of mine popped up. The battle system gets a lot better as it becomes more complicated with more abilities and more characters.

I can't remember the game too well. Have you reached the part where you meet Balthier and Fran and they explain gambits in more detail? If not, it might get clearer then.

The story is solid but there's not quite as much character development as in other FF games.

One major issue I have with the game in retrospect is the fact that they sort of rig it in some senses to require a game guide. If you want the strongest weapon in the game (Zodiac Spear) you need to not open four specific chests. There is nothing in the game that suggests this to you.

I loved FFXII. Best one so far but the story wasn't the greatest. It took me about 250 hours to complete every little detail of the game... and there were only a few things I didn't get, weapons related that would take forever to obtain.

Some side quests were disappointing. OMEGA was much too easy to beat. Getting to Omega was harder. And there were 2 side quests for dragons that were pretty cool. I liked the Hunting missions which made leveling up your players much less boring. As for summons, I like the old way better where you call it and it whips your enemies ass. The FFXII versions were not so fun. The Sub Terra section was pretty cool.

The ending is epic. LOVED it.

Can't wait for XIII this year... here's some trailers.

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/fabula-nova-crystallis/ffxiii/trailers.php

Get with the times man :laugh:

I enjoyed the game, it was different from prior FF's but solid overall

Yes and no. All the games are a little different from each other, but they all feel like FF to me.

I picked this up cheap with my used PS2 and I'm having a good time with it.

Jason

KB, in an earlier thread I mentioned that I'm playing FF7 again to which you said "greatest game ever." I think my opinion changes each time I replay one. I re-finished FFX, greatest game ever. Playing FF7, leaning towards greatest game ever.

I will say that FFX is practically half movie. My roommates, who had barely heard of Final Fantasy, started watching me play late at night weeknights just to follow the story. Normal college kids by day, absorbed nerds by night.

Archived