Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romo was almost two yds over the line...

TradeTheBeal!

Name the game!  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Name the game!

• The WildOne!
    • The Shank Redemption!
    • The Sean, shank redemption!
    • Capital Kickback
    • Washington Re-Do
    • Other... Please post

I was incensed at the egregious ones:

- Non-hold on Witten

- Hold on Fauria negating Lloyd's catch

- Romo sits to pee waaaaaaay over the line on 3rd down

Each of these were huge plays.

Add to this Portis being held on a pass pattern across the middle at the goal line. These were the ones that stuck out the most. There was also a hold in the middle of the line, where one of our tackles almost had his head snapped off, and Romo sits to pee completed that one.

I am not going to read through all six pages of this thread, but just for the record, the whole stadium knew he was over the line of scrimmage, we were all screaming for the flag. I suppose that the only person who did not see it was the ref who was supposed to have.

There were so many non calls against Dallas yesterday it was stupid. Off the top of my head, I can think of five times that even Troy Aikman sad "they got away with one there", and that doesn't even count the stupid penalties they called on us. Like Taylor hitting Romo sits to pee in the belt and saying that he hit him in the knees, or the hlding call against #88 (don't know how to spell his name)

I was watching the game at home with all Skins fans and we were going savage. We DVR'd it over and over and it looked he was CLEARLY over the line. The point is mute now...that along with Witten's no hold call on Glenn's TD catch, the tackling of CP on that screen......all those things balance out the 15 yd faskmask call that could have easily been a 5 ydr.

I believe the word you were looking for was "moot". Don't feel bad though, the President of The United States still says "nucular", and I voted for him anyway.

It got us Cowboy fans upset as well since a Redskin defender had a hold of his shoulder pads and was pulling him out of the way and onto the ground.

Big shock the refs missed that call (not!).

Hey Gibbs needed all the help his team could get. :cheers:

Maybe if your Savior hold on the balls that are thrown to him maybe you wouldnt be here and it would of been a win for your team.

He should work on that more instead of what celebration he is going to do in the endzone. :)

I agree with most of what was said in this thread. I too thought Romo sits to pee was over the line of scrimmage when I saw the game live but when I saw the highlights, he was not past the line of scrimmage...it was very close though.

One thing I did notice was on at least 3 occasions, the play clock hit 0 before Dallas snapped the ball on offense. At least one of time was on a key 3rd down that they converted.

It's in the past and we won so I'm not too upset but the officiating was lousy overall.

The irony of that blown call is if Koiser had sprained Taylor's neck by grabbing onto his mask and holding on at all cost he would have been down at the Dallas 19 and the 15 yard penalty would only have moved the ball out to the Dallas 34.

Is it just me, or does it seem like that's what you are wishing had happened. Not just for Taylor to get tackled well out of field goal range, but for him to get facemasked and injured. If so, classy, really classy.

Or miss those blatant holding calls on the two early Cowboys touchdown drives then call it twice for those phantom holds. What can ya do though?

National Television - Troy Aikman, specifically - noted allot of penalities that were not call against the Cowpukes.

If you can get pics of the penalities send them, with a written letter of complaint, to the NFL. That is what I am doing. One can make a difference, but flooding their mailbox with "visual aids" will make them take a second look at their "expert" zebra nation.

My:2cents:

One thing I did notice was on at least 3 occasions, the play clock hit 0 before Dallas snapped the ball on offense. At least one of time was on a key 3rd down that they converted.

I caught at least two of those. There must have been some "Romo sits to pee Hype Machine" instruction manual given out do the announcers, officials, etcetera.

Only in Redskin-land could fans of a team that was the recipient of a 2-1 penalty ratio and was +110 in penalty yards, complain about the refs trying to give the game to the other team.

Just be thankful that the refs somehow turned an inadvertent facemask (5 yard penalty) into a flagrant facemask (15 yards) which allowed your kicker even to attempt the game winning field goal.

The irony of that blown call is if Koiser had sprained Taylor's neck by grabbing onto his mask and holding on at all cost he would have been down at the Dallas 19 and the 15 yard penalty would only have moved the ball out to the Dallas 34.

That would have meant overtime. And the way that game was going.........

Only a Cowboys fan would not see the HUGE non-calls that went in there favor. Its not our fault you guys had penalties up the ass. You guys play dirty. This is nothing new.

Archived