Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell is back! Let us Pray!

Passizle

That it? That's the best you can do? Should have expected as less. Especially when dealing with such a baseless accusation. Feel free to come back with another equally witty and thought provoking response such as "Oh yeah?"

How about this, if I wanted prayer on Sunday's I'd go to church instead of going to every home game. By the way, how many tickets do you buy each year to support the 'skins, win or lose? Oh yeah, AMEN!!!

I blame the playcalling just as much as Brunell. All they do is throw to the running backs or something really short to the receivers (3 yards). Now, maybe they are calling these plays because Brunell doesn't have the ability to look down the field and make good throws. For now, the Redskins are obviously keeping the veteran QB in there for atleast 2 more games to see if he can spark a comeback, but that has to be the limit.

I have played sports throughout my life, and I know that even when your injured, you want to keep playing. Brunell is injured.. you can tell by the way he plays. If he really wanted what was best for the team, and not just for the sake of him getting to play, he could have sat out a game or two (he sucked it up anyway) and allowed himself to heal for about 3 weeks. The Redskins wouldn't be in any worse situation, and he could be healthier for the rest of the season.

Of course, how is he suppose to know that they would lose 3 straight.

So many ifs... With a rib injury like that.. I doubt it will take more than 2 or 3 hits come Sunday before he is crawling around in the backfield.

LOL...ok..ok...here's Brunnell in the huddle and why we need to Pray!:

MB: Ok guys, great job blocking on that last play. Sorry that I had to throw the ball away before the routes got wide open.

Clinton Portis: Gimme' the ball Mark....I can get it on this 3rd and 1...just make sure you big guys get out in front.

MB: Sorry CP...coach says we have to do what we know how to do best....

Offensive Line: Damnit!...Crap!...OMG!...WTH!...SH&T!

Moss: Mark! I'm sick of this garbage!...and so are the rest of the receivers. (Lloyd and Randel El: Uh huh...yeah...like he said)

I was paid to catch balls...not to have them thrown at the air around me and be used as a decoy for this sorry play we always keep doing!

MB: Sorry guys...you know I have those dreams of throwing it to you all day like when I was at Jax...and especially to you like last year Santana.

But the coach says I can't do it anymore. I've got old man legs and a noodle cannon arm and screwed up ribs. The ball just can't get there when we need it to...well, only once or twice a game...but that's it. Besides, I havn't thrown an interception since the last Cowboys game.

Cooley: grumble...grumble...yeah...or touchdown...grumble...grumble.

MB: Ok...well...since we are going to get hit with a delay of game penalty for this longassed playcall if we don't get to the line and hike the ball...and since I can't remember any of the other 7000 plays Al brought with him from KC, you know what to do:

"26 Dumpoff Supreme on 2!" "Skins!"

Redskin Fans after the play: :doh::doh::(:mad::mad::(:mad::doh::doh::mad::(:doh::doh::mad::(:doh::mad::(

Oh Lord Jesus...please hear our prayers and be good to Skins players this week! Amen! :notworthy

Jesus rules ;):point2sky...and I mean that (no joke).

MB: Ok guys, great job blocking on that last play. Sorry that I had to throw the ball away before the routes got wide open.

Clinton Portis: Gimme' the ball Mark....I can get it on this 3rd and 1...just make sure you big guys get out in front.

Moss: Mark! I'm sick of this garbage!...and so are the rest of the receivers. (Lloyd and Randel El: Uh huh...yeah...like he said)

I was paid to catch balls...not to have them thrown at the air around me and be used as a decoy for this sorry play we always keep doing!

MB: Sorry guys...you know I have those dreams of throwing it to you all day like when I was at Jax...and especially to you like last year Santana.

But the coach says I can't do it anymore. I've got old man legs and a noodle cannon arm and screwed up ribs. The ball just can't get there when we need it to...well, only once or twice a game...but that's it. Besides, I havn't thrown an interception since the last Cowboys game.

MB: Ok...well...since we are going to get hit with a delay of game penalty for this longassed playcall if we don't get to the line and hike the ball...and since I can't remember any of the other 7000 plays Al brought with him from KC, you know what to do:

Redskin Fans after the play: :doh::doh::(:mad::mad::(:mad::doh::doh::mad::(:doh::doh::mad::(:doh::mad::(

Oh Lord Jesus...please hear our prayers and be good to Skins players this week! Amen! :notworthy

Let me add this............I put this on another post but I think it's appropiate...... After the play..........

Wouldn't it be nice if Brunell came to the sideline,after a 3rd and long 2 yard screen pass, talked into the headset to Al Saunders and said,"Screw you Al !!!!!!!!!!!":notworthy

Turned to JG with a smile and said,"Coach, let's dust off last years playbook, me and the fellas had been practicing the plays all week!!!!";)

And JG turns to MB and says, " You're Super-Smart!!!!":)

That would deserve a standing ovation and maybe an oscar!!!!!:applause:

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny!!! And sad too because it's true! Damn, we're gonna be toast. But toast or no toast, I STILL LUV MY 'SKINS!!!

How about this, if I wanted prayer on Sunday's I'd go to church instead of going to every home game. By the way, how many tickets do you buy each year to support the 'skins, win or lose? Oh yeah, AMEN!!!

Say what? Okay. And this has to do with the question I asked how? Or are you saying there is too much prayer at home games that you have seen while attending? Or are you just being obtuse?

This isn't going well so far. And I'd just as soon avoid some type of pissing match. How about this? You make a claim, I ask you to substantiate it then you do something really wild, you do so or at least make a reasoned argument for your point of view. Sounds pretty easy doesn't it? Now keep all that in mind and try again. Folks have tied Joe's religion to a couple of ways he runs the team, ( chief among them is that that is why he keeps Mark Brunell in there), and then there's this one. Again, please substantiate that claim and the other one since you brought it up.

And notice too, how diverting with something as irrelevant as tickets is ignored.

Say what? Okay. And this has to do with the question I asked how? Or are you saying there is too much prayer at home games that you have seen while attending? Or are you just being obtuse?

This isn't going well so far. And I'd just as soon avoid some type of pissing match. How about this? You make a claim, I ask you to substantiate it then you do something really wild, you do so or at least make a reasoned argument for your point of view. Sounds pretty easy doesn't it? Now keep all that in mind and try again. Folks have tied Joe's religion to a couple of ways he runs the team, ( chief among them is that that is why he keeps Mark Brunell in there), and then there's this one. Again, please substantiate that claim and the other one since you brought it up.

And notice too, how diverting with something as irrelevant as tickets is ignored.

I'll try to explain the "baseless accusations" so even you can understand.

When Joe coached the team before and we would go to training camp, he would come out talk football and sign an autograph or two and talk about the team. Recently when he approaches the fans (at Ashburn and even at the hotel in Seattle) he passes out literature with his picture on one side and ten paragraphs on finding Jesus on the other, no talk of the team at all. I've had it with that.

I respect his coaching ability and expected him to be the old Joe, football first, God and family second. This doesn't seem to be the case. Not only does he not call the plays but he doesn't even watch the field goal attempts anymore, just shuts his eyes and prays. What I meant with my first post was it would be nice to see the old Joe back, reading the playbook and calling the plays and saving the bible for off season.

The relevantcy of of the tickets was to make sure you knew that I am and always will be a supporter of the REDSKINS, not just a blogger on these forums.

I don't like booing my own team but after watching Brunells humble aproach every week it starting to piss me off. I want to see some intensity from him in the media. This is our season right here. We want to keep any hope alive at all then we got to beat our rival.

If Brunell stinks up the joint then he deseves to hear the loudest boos ever made by washington.

And everyone should be chanting "Cambell" in unison.

Let me add this............I put this on another post but I think it's appropiate...... After the play..........

Wouldn't it be nice if Brunell came to the sideline,after a 3rd and long 2 yard screen pass, talked into the headset to Al Saunders and said,"Screw you Al !!!!!!!!!!!":notworthy

Turned to JG with a smile and said,"Coach, let's dust off last years playbook, me and the fellas had been practicing the plays all week!!!!";)

And JG turns to MB and says, " You're Super-Smart!!!!":)

That would deserve a standing ovation and maybe an oscar!!!!!:applause:

HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!

And that will lead us straight back to where we were Mark brunell looking for Moss if Moss is covered dump it off for a 2 yard pick up.

I blame the playcalling just as much as Brunell. All they do is throw to the running backs or something really short to the receivers (3 yards). Now, maybe they are calling these plays because Brunell doesn't have the ability to look down the field and make good throws. For now, the Redskins are obviously keeping the veteran QB in there for atleast 2 more games to see if he can spark a comeback, but that has to be the limit.

You right, when Saunders was gameplanning with the Rams' "greatest show on turf" it was such a crappy offense.;)

And at KC, 5 years in a row #1 or #2 defense in the league? Man, his playcalling has always been a problem. I don't get why gibbs brought him here, who cares if he has diabetes and is the Team President as well.;)

No, its the 2nd part that you said - its obviously catering to Brunell, and it begain the week after the dallas nightmare. The week Saunders said that he didn't really know Brunell's strengths yet to use him "right".:mad:

Good thing Gibbs put him back in for the 4th quarter against Indy! Now that was some play-calling. 80 yards of dump offs against a prevent dime - man, so glad Brunell "toughed it out" for that one. :doh: Why the **** wasn't JC in there again?

Watching tony homo on nfl network laughing and joking. He looks like he is on cloud nine. I hope we knock that smurk off his sorry ass. If your reading this Boonell YOU better show up to play. If another young and inexperienced qb comes into our house and scores more than us, the excuses to keep that bum in at qb will be OVER!!!

Because that "bum" will be defending that young qb???:doh:

"You make a claim, I ask you to substantiate it then you do something really wild, you do so or at least make a reasoned argument for your point of view"

is this a criteria/process that applies to all opinions on this board or just the ones we happen to take exception to?

The most telling thing about that aritcle was the skepticism surrounding Moss. This could turn out to be a very good thing or a very bad thing for Mark and the Skins. With Moss not out there, sure he'll have Cooley, but he'll be forced to use either ARE / Lloyd as his go to guy. It's an excellent opportunity to develop a comfortable game-time repor with the other playmakers on the team…or, the opposite can happen and he'll be off the "mark" and be put into situations where he only feels comfortable with the dumpoff passes…and that won't be pretty.

I think Mark will do fine on Sunday. If not, It's one week closer to JC.

Hail.

Mark Brunell REALLY is "supersmart". It's no coincidence how Brunell's behavior and demeanor are so closely patterned after Joe Gibbs. Brunell knows that he is the "coaches pet" and as long as Gibbs likes his "character", he's going to be given waaaaaaaaaaaay more chances than lets say uhhhhhhhh...Patrick Ramsey(remember week 1 of last season or was it 04,he pulled Ramsey in the first game)

"Because that "bum" will be defending that young qb???"

ok. if I am reading you right...I agree. I want MB OUT. but he deserves a degree of repsect along the way. and part of his job is unfinished - getting JC to full starting NFL QB status.

The part of his job that is unfinished is getting 'W' Sunday against Dallas.

Archived