Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell is back! Let us Pray!

Passizle

"You make a claim, I ask you to substantiate it then you do something really wild, you do so or at least make a reasoned argument for your point of view"

is this a criteria/process that applies to all opinions on this board or just the ones we happen to take exception to?

Thanks for the support, I was losing it there for a second.:cheers:

"Because that "bum" will be defending that young qb???"

ok. if I am reading you right...I agree. I want MB OUT. but he deserves a degree of repsect along the way. and part of his job is unfinished - getting JC to full starting NFL QB status.

Why does he deserve any more respect than any other Jaguar?

Mark knows he should be sitting himself down but isn't man enough to do it.

Sitting himself down? Are you serious???? Has there ever been an occurence of that in sports history - an established player voluntarily sitting himself down because he doesn't think he's good enough. The mere fact that Brunell has been playing for 15 years should tell you that nothing in his character (or in the character of anyone I'd want putting on the burgundy and gold) would allow him to "sit himself down." That's one of the dumbest suggestions I've ever heard.

See story here. He sounds a litle more fired up but still a little wishy washy.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=1447

Even my wife notices the lack of concern and fire from Brunell. What's wrong with this guy? Seen Peyton after he screws up or the team does poorly? That's passion. That's a winner. When Peyton scores, he looks like he's done it before. Just as importantly, when things aren't going well, he looks like that's a new experience. Brunell makes it look like he's comfortable with losing.

I keep trying to talk myself into thinking Brunell is the best QB for this point of the season, but this calmness isn't what a losing team -- or one that's winning -- needs. There's a time and place to be calm. There's a time to be cursing, to get pissed. Turn turn turn, etc.

Get fired up, old man.

Even my wife notices the lack of concern and fire from Brunell. What's wrong with this guy? Seen Peyton after he screws up or the team does poorly? That's passion. That's a winner. When Peyton scores, he looks like he's done it before. Just as importantly, when things aren't going well, he looks like that's a new experience. Brunell makes it look like he's comfortable with losing.

I keep trying to talk myself into thinking Brunell is the best QB for this point of the season, but this calmness isn't what a losing team -- or one that's winning -- needs. There's a time and place to be calm. There's a time to be cursing, to get pissed. Turn turn turn, etc.

Get fired up, old man.

I have noticed this all season.

To me, Brunell just doesn't seem to exude "Redskin". If I had to describe him based on his behavior this season, it would be

"Jacksonville quarterback consultant posing in a Redskins uniform."

done.jpg

"Why does he deserve any more respect than any other Jaguar?"

ok. while I laughed at first read.....and while I think JC's grooming process should start now..on the field...during a game.....

MB

- hasn't been disruptive

- has incurred pyiscal injury while playing for this team

- has been a loyal Redskin

- has earnestly tried to perform

- played well early on last season during a season we all valued

in short...he has earned some credit he can cash in. you don't steamroll someone just cuz you want him on the sideline. we too need to find a way to move him to the sideline...but with a little class

in short...he has earned some credit he can cash in. you don't steamroll someone just cuz you want him on the sideline. we too need to find a way to move him to the sideline...but with a little class

Good post fansince... I want Campbell in as much as the next guy, but many (most?) of the comments I read on this board concerning Brunell are embarassing to read.

I have noticed this all season.

To me, Brunell just doesn't seem to exude "Redskin". If I had to describe him based on his behavior this season, it would be

"Jacksonville quarterback consultant posing in a Redskins uniform."

done.jpg

While it does not bother me, dont you think that sig is just slightly over the top?

Our father, who Art Monk in heaven

Halloween be thy name

thy kindom come, thy will be done

as soon as Boonell dumps the ball off

Give us this day, to win a game

please forgive our incompletions

as we forgive those who throw completions against us

And lead us not into temptation

but deliver us from the Evil Cowpukes

Amen

Why is it with Brunell, we always have to do something miraculous to make the post season. Last year, it was 5 in a row. This year, it will have to be 9 in a row, or we will not go. I'm over the fact this team needs heroics to make the post season. This team has basically been a failure with Brunell at the helm. Last season, it was our defense that got us into the playoffs, and we do not have that defense this year. So I would have to say that our odds are about the same as winning a lottery to make the post season. Maybe Gibbs realizes now, that veteran, has been quarterbacks are no longer able to survive in the new NFL, with much faster, stronger players. Brunell has now had 3 seasons in a row where injuries were affecting his ability on the field.

Why is it with Brunell, we always have to do something miraculous to make the post season. Last year, it was 5 in a row. This year, it will have to be 9 in a row, or we will not go. I'm over the fact this team needs heroics to make the post season. This team has basically been a failure with Brunell at the helm. Last season, it was our defense that got us into the playoffs, and we do not have that defense this year. So I would have to say that our odds are about the same as winning a lottery to make the post season. Maybe Gibbs realizes now, that veteran, has been quarterbacks are no longer able to survive in the new NFL, with much faster, stronger players. Brunell has now had 3 seasons in a row where injuries were affecting his ability on the field.

I dont know why is it that we cant stop ANYBODY on defense. And why does our o line block like girls?

I feel terrible. I want the skins to beat Dallas of course, but I'm just afraid Mark will do just enough to continue at QB. Joe Gibbs said they were going to concentrate on the passing game this week. Maybe with nothing to lose Mark will throw the ball long just to get everybody off his back, interceptions or not.

He can win the crowd over by at least attempting mid and long range passes. The Cowboys might be stunned and so would I. Mark, at least go out with a little FIRE and FLAIR, not like a big WIMP.

GO SKINS

I feel terrible. I want the skins to beat Dallas of course, but I'm just afraid Mark will do just enough to continue at QB. Joe Gibbs said they were going to concentrate on the passing game this week. Maybe with nothing to lose Mark will throw the ball long just to get everybody off his back, interceptions or not.

He can win the crowd over by at least attempting mid and long range passes. The Cowboys might be stunned and so would I. Mark, at least go out with a little FIRE and FLAIR, not like a big WIMP.

GO SKINS

Personally, I think he should go out with a TD and a 2 pt. conversion.

you know...the TD and 2pt conversion we ended the Indy game w/....yeah...that one. Bring in the kid. Bringing Brunell to this franchise was a colossal mistake.

"You make a claim, I ask you to substantiate it then you do something really wild, you do so or at least make a reasoned argument for your point of view"

is this a criteria/process that applies to all opinions on this board or just the ones we happen to take exception to?

First. Let's get this out of the way 62. This is the quick reply function. Lower right hand corner. Then check the quote message in reply box. This allows me to actually quote the person I'm responding too and they know I'm doing so. For crying out loud I had to read this damn thread 3 times before I figured out what the hell you were talking about. Cripes man it's just that easy.

As for your question, give it a rest. You know better than that. You've been around far too long to try and bait with something so lame and obvious. And that's all the attention that deserves.

I'll try to explain the "baseless accusations" so even you can understand.

When Joe coached the team before and we would go to training camp, he would come out talk football and sign an autograph or two and talk about the team. Recently when he approaches the fans (at Ashburn and even at the hotel in Seattle) he passes out literature with his picture on one side and ten paragraphs on finding Jesus on the other, no talk of the team at all. I've had it with that.

I respect his coaching ability and expected him to be the old Joe, football first, God and family second. This doesn't seem to be the case. Not only does he not call the plays but he doesn't even watch the field goal attempts anymore, just shuts his eyes and prays. What I meant with my first post was it would be nice to see the old Joe back, reading the playbook and calling the plays and saving the bible for off season.

The relevantcy of of the tickets was to make sure you knew that I am and always will be a supporter of the REDSKINS, not just a blogger on these forums.

ybnorml, that's better. Shouldn't take that much work for something like that. I do disagree btw, with the assumptions you're making. I think it's more than a reach. What coach does pregame for the fans like that doesn't have, imho, anything to do with his game preperation or playcalling. Certainly not why he handed over the offense to Al Saunders. Why he did that has been widely discussed and addressed by many, including Coach Gibbs. Now you can disbelieve that if you want, but right now, as then, I'll take his word for it. Alot of people did when he brought Al in. Many of them were asking that he do just that. Bring in someone else. Someone more "up to date" if you will. While I believe that he was trying to fix something that wasn't all that broke, I don't believe his religion played a part in that decision based on that given above. Oh. And Joe has always been one to look away from field goals, maybe a little more than usual now, but that could just be memory. I do remember him doing so the first time around.

I don't think Coach Gibbs' religion is hurting the Redskins in anyway but I wish I didn't know his religion, his politics, or anything else that should be left private.

It only serves as a divider when a public figure such as himself broadcast his religion.

This isn't just reserved for Gibbs, I don't like knowing player's politics or their level of faith.

I don't know them personally so please don't inform on your personal views.

I just want to be a fan of you a Redskin, not you a Christian or you a Republican or Democrat.

First. Let's get this out of the way 62. This is the quick reply function. Lower right hand corner. Then check the quote message in reply box. This allows me to actually quote the person I'm responding too and they know I'm doing so. For crying out loud I had to read this damn thread 3 times before I figured out what the hell you were talking about. Cripes man it's just that easy.

As for your question, give it a rest. You know better than that. You've been around far too long to try and bait with something so lame and obvious. And that's all the attention that deserves.

ybnorml, that's better. Shouldn't take that much work for something like that. I do disagree btw, with the assumptions you're making. I think it's more than a reach. What coach does pregame for the fans like that doesn't have, imho, anything to do with his game preperation or playcalling. Certainly not why he handed over the offense to Al Saunders. Why he did that has been widely discussed and addressed by many, including Coach Gibbs. Now you can disbelieve that if you want, but right now, as then, I'll take his word for it. Alot of people did when he brought Al in. Many of them were asking that he do just that. Bring in someone else. Someone more "up to date" if you will. While I believe that he was trying to fix something that wasn't all that broke, I don't believe his religion played a part in that decision based on that given above. Oh. And Joe has always been one to look away from field goals, maybe a little more than usual now, but that could just be memory. I do remember him doing so the first time around.

Fair enough, but Joe used to be football, football, God, football and now seems to be God, God , football, God. He would have never stood by for 5 games of shameless play calling.

Archived