Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr Gibbs current tenure has set this franchise back 5yrs!

318 SKIN

Point Blank.. Snyder has set this franchise back 10 years, starting 10 years ago, and is continuing to set the team back.

I've always believed and do to this day that if Marty would have had another year or two we would have seen play off action. For him to have rallied our team that year to even an 8 and 8 record was impressive.

Point Blank.. Snyder has set this franchise back 10 years, starting 10 years ago, and is continuing to set the team back.

I've always believed and do to this day that if Marty would have had another year or two we would have seen play off action. For him to have rallied our team that year to even an 8 and 8 record was impressive.

What was our record last year? :doh:

Just like Jimmy Johnson's tenure at the Cowboys set them back 5yrs, it just happened to be a year after he retired.

These days you gotta be willing to give up something now to get something later or vice versa. So this whole thread means nothing as far as facts.

Guest Rafterman

Synder's biggest mistake was not giving Marty a fair chance.

Gibbs has accomplished a playoff appearance, Marty would have done the same and the team would have better players.

That's Gibbs....G-I-B-B-S...Gibbs. When showing posession by using an apostrophe on a persons name whose name ends with an s, put the apostrophe at the end of the name.

Example: Clinton Portis' speed is amazing.

or

Mr. Dumbass' thread about Mr. Gibb has set this message board back 5 years.

I appreciate you correcting my poor grammer. Champs' speed is also amazing. So what is your point?

Ware was, according to scouts, a 'tweener and therefore unsuited to our 4-3 defense.

Also, just for the record, I'm pretty sure Gregg Williams is the one that makes personell decisions for the defensive side of the ball. Even though Gibbs has final say, to blame him for us not taking Ware is pretty myopic.

So I assume you would have been happier with Spurrier and friends?

Gibbs has had a ton of work to do with this team. Regardless of their record this year, this team shows up week in and week out and competes. I'd take that any day over the Spurrier, Schottenheimer, Turner eras.

By the way, when was the last time this team won a playoff game before last year? That's right, under Turner, the last coach hired by Jack Kent Cooke.

This team is light years ahead of where it was in Spurrier's last year.

Everything he just said.

You're original post is still retarded. At the time we still had Arrington and had just given him a new contract. LB wasn't a need, CB was since we had just lost Smoot to free agency. WR was also a glaring need at the time.

If you read my original message you would see that I did say we needed a WR and that we could use the picks we gave away to address that need. Since we are looking back, i'm glad we gave LA a new contract...

If you read my original message you would see that I did say we needed a WR and that we could use the picks we gave away to address that need. Since we are looking back, i'm glad we gave LA a new contract...

The only way Ware would have made sense, is if the Redskins hadn't given Arrington that contract. But they did, and there was no way of knowing what would happen after that. If you had predicted that Arrington would fall out of favor and that he'd pay to leave the team, then I'd give you some credit. But your comments regarding Ware at the time, made very little sense. Reason being, we looked all squared away at the OLB position at the time, with Arrington and Washington.

I had this two paragraph thing typed up, and I just erased it. Why? We're old!!! :doh:

Bottom line: We need a change in organizational philosophy. We better start building through the draft or you're right we're in trouble. That doesn't mean that we can't win a SB in the next two years while we've got the players here though. Deal with the cards your dealt... :2cents:

P.S. Ware is okay and Webster isn't even on the map yet...relax they aren't setting the league on fire. Steriod Boy is about the only guy I see at the LB position thats killin' it...

HTTR

Yet another reason why I made this thread: <sigh>

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3144938

Part of the reason people are being dicks is b/c there are people like you who keep talking out of both sides of their mouths.

One minute its, "hey rah rah we're all Skins fans...etc...etc..."

The next its, "I can't believe its not Fugking MB thats hurt..."

Or, "put Campbell in, the season's over..."

Casual fans deserve to be treated as such, casually...

HTTR

Archived