Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr Gibbs current tenure has set this franchise back 5yrs!

318 SKIN

• 2 weeks later...

Gibbs2 Record:

2004 - 6-10 (last place)

2005 - 10-6 (Great season)

2006 - 3-7 (last place)

overall 19-23

Not very impressive - he has strapped us with overpriced expensive free agents that can't play. His #1 draft pick last year (Rodgers over ware) can't play. With salary cap issues next year in a conference whos teams have plenty of cap space, you tell me...

While Ware would certainly be an improvement over Rogers, he wouldn't necessarily be as productive here as he currently is in Dallas's 3-4. As a 4-3 LB he would have been a backup to Marcus Washington in this scheme in 2005. That's a fact. Hell, he might still have been on the bench this past Sunday the way the staff tends to bury young players.

As an end in our 4-3, it's safe to say that he'd be more productive than anyone we currently have but that's really not saying much. Until I see Ware produce in a 4-3, it's a major stretch to act like he would have been the savior for this team or some franchise stud. While we can second guess the Rogers pick, there isn't a Julius Peppers who we passed on that you simply know would be a vast improvement over anyone we have at a position of need.

And BTW, Corey Webster has been dreadful this season.

I agree about Webster, but he is a starter on a better D the ours - more importantly he only cost a second round pick. As far as Ware goes, any time I have a chance to draft a player with his size and speed I draft him. I think with all our different packages we have on D we would have found a spot for him. I bet my life we would trade Rodgers straight up for him right now!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually agree. Gibbs inherited what was an insane defense in 2004. He has dismantled it over the past 3 years. The offense hasn't gotten any better. He still has no idea what he's doing as far as play-calling and time management, even after 3 years. And his personnel decisions have been horrendous. This team is worse than it was when we got here.

Oh, and he force fed us a losing QB in Mark Brunell for 3 years. The man was physically and mentally incapable of running our offense. I have NO FAITH in joe gibbs.

How ironic is this - the only guy that seems to be making a positive impact on the roster that came through the draft is Betts and he was drafted by Spurrier!

I was thinking about that as well. Hilarious. Betts, Golston, Cooley and Taylor are our only good picks in the last 4 years. I'm glad we can draft 1 guy a year!!

This team is in the worst position of any team in the league when it comes to flexability. They have no cap room and a roster full of aging vets and young players that can't play. To make matters worse they have given away many of there future draft picks!

I was thinking about that as well. Hilarious. Betts, Golston, Cooley and Taylor are our only good picks in the last 4 years. I'm glad we can draft 1 guy a year!!

I guess we do have a few. However, all I think about is the picks we have given away along with our 1st round picks (Rodgers, Campbell).

I can't see how we are better off now then we were going into 04. I just can't. We are in the same exact perdiciment. High cap numbers, low picks, not a real strong "farm system". It was ironic to me that in 04 and 06 we made major changes. But the year we did something, we left much of our team the same.

I actually agree. Gibbs inherited what was an insane defense in 2004. He has dismantled it over the past 3 years. The offense hasn't gotten any better. He still has no idea what he's doing as far as play-calling and time management, even after 3 years. And his personnel decisions have been horrendous. This team is worse than it was when we got here.

Oh, and he force fed us a losing QB in Mark Brunell for 3 years. The man was physically and mentally incapable of running our offense. I have NO FAITH in joe gibbs.

All you ever do is cry. Please change your screenname to the tissuesownme. This team was being blown out regularly befre he came back. As horrible as JC looked in the 1st half he looked as good and poised in the 2nd. MB led us into the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. Get over it. I hear the gmen or the cowgirls fans calling you.

I know todays loss made alot of people mad.I don't see where todays loss was a bad as others.Everyone was screaming for a q.b change and we made it and know we have to deal with the growing pains.The two int's from Campell is what hurt us today.We controlled the time of poss. and ran for more than 150 yards.We could have done better finishing drives but everything is just like starting over again for the offense.What about carlos rodgers getting burned and can't catch a damn football!!!I hope to see alot of new faces on the defense next year.I'n not worried and I think things will fall into place next season.

So I assume you would have been happier with Spurrier and friends?

Gibbs has had a ton of work to do with this team. Regardless of their record this year, this team shows up week in and week out and competes. I'd take that any day over the Spurrier, Schottenheimer, Turner eras.

By the way, when was the last time this team won a playoff game before last year? That's right, under Turner, the last coach hired by Jack Kent Cooke.

This team is light years ahead of where it was in Spurrier's last year.

Don't we have the same record or worse than when Spurrier was here...???

All you ever do is cry. Please change your screenname to the tissuesownme. This team was being blown out regularly befre he came back. As horrible as JC looked in the 1st half he looked as good and poised in the 2nd. MB led us into the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. Get over it. I hear the gmen or the cowgirls fans calling you.

Blind loyalty is the reason we're in this mess. You choose to propogate it, I choose to protest it. I root for the skins, always have, and always will. But I will not sit idly by and mute myself in the face of ineptitude. If you choose to do that, be my guest. But if you aren't going to complain about the ineptidude, don't whine when others do. Please don't ever respond to one of my posts again.

Blind loyalty is the reason we're in this mess. You choose to propogate it, I choose to protest. I root for the skins, always have, and always will. But I will not sit idly by and mute myself in the face of ineptitude. If you choose to do that, be my guest. But if you aren't going to complain about the ineptidude, don't whine when others do.

Then man up. Stop crying. Make a valid point. Until then get the extra cushion tissue. And protest until your blue in the face nobody cares. This team was hammered with injuries from the draw. The only thing that Gibbs has failed on is the clock management. Ill give you that.

Archived