Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any news from practice?

Riggins Seventy Chip

Relax guys this has to happen Burnell is I hate to say it our best chance to win BUT if we loose we will see Campbell next week because our season will be over and it will be time to see who will be on this team next year and what needs to be focused on in the off season. I believe these coaches have been let down buy some guys they thought were going to play better. Our offensive line is going to be changed tight end and that is only a few. I really don't want Campbell out there the way the team is playing right now. I hate to see him get hurt. We need mental adjustment.

Let's see if Campbell is active on Sunday. I think he will be.

The report said Gibbs told LaCanfora today that Collins will remain the #2 with Campbell as the inactive #2, meaning Campbell, per NFL rules, can only see time if Brunell and Collins are injured and cannot return to the game.

This has gone on long enough. I have lost faith in this coaching staff.

sigh....

I really never thought it would get to this point but man have we and do we continue to make stupid, stupid decisions.

Really, does this come as a surprise? Gibbs said he wasn't going to make a QB change at the bye, yet some seem to be surprised by this.

Personally, I'd rather have Brunell sacked 6 times rather than Campbell getting sacked 6 times. If we can't protect the QB, it doesn't matter who is back there.

Jason

Relax guys this has to happen Burnell is I hate to say it our best chance to win BUT if we loose we will see Campbell next week because our season will be over and it will be time to see who will be on this team next year and what needs to be focused on in the off season. I believe these coaches have been let down buy some guys they thought were going to play better. Our offensive line is going to be changed tight end and that is only a few. I really don't want Campbell out there the way the team is playing right now. I hate to see him get hurt. We need mental adjustment.

OK how is this GOOD news? Really what on earth has he done in any of the previous games or the previous game in Dallas that deserves a prayer at winning? and if MOss is out, shoot..... This is nothing but dismal news if you ask me

:dallasuck

There is some dynamic at work here that is not clear to anyone outside the redskins organization and im not sure what it is. Every logical observer sees the need to at least have Campbell ready to go in and get some experience in a back up role if not start, not remain an inactive 3rd QB.

I hope oneday we find out what the real story behind this is.

There are several possibilites I can see but no answers

1) Joe doesnt want to admit he made a mistake on Brunell

2) Joe doesnt want to reveal he made a mistake on Campbell

3) Joe doesnt want to concede the season after all the FA aquisitions leading us to beleive we were a superbowl contender this year

4) Some promises were made to someone that cant be changed which cause us to remain at status quo regardless of our performance

We are 2-5. Best chance to win is a moot point as of now. Brunell equals nearly no chance to win. Not only that, he getting game time that our young quarterback could use. He isn't going to become a top notch QB with a baseball cap on his head and a clipboard in his hand. :doh:

I wouldnt expect Gibbs to say Campbell is starting this early in the week anyway. He would be to worried about all the media attention distracting him from his responsibilities on the field. I would be on top of the world if Gibbs held out saying that Campbell was going to start on sunday for the sole purpose of having the Cowboys gameplan for Brunell all week. I dont think its going to happen but man that would be awesome.

I just listened on Redskins.com to Gibbs' presser today, and he had a fair amount to say about Campbell (and the kind of education and experience and preparation he's getting) and the QBs generally. You might want to listen for yourselves, because he goes on more at length than the couple of snippets in the LaCanfora blog. It's hard to sum it all up, so I won't try, and anyway it's all available for you to listen to, but I found it interesting.

PREDICTION~ Brunell will get hurt either this game or the eagles game. I am telling you he is one hit away from having to shut it down. His injurys keep mounting and he is getting older. Think about it, next two games are NFC east rivals and they know just to blitz the hell out of Brunell and he is going to get hit. just saying..... take it for what it is.

I just listened on Redskins.com to Gibbs' presser today, and he had a fair amount to say about Campbell (and the kind of education and experience and preparation he's getting) and the QBs generally. You might want to listen for yourselves, because he goes on more at length than the couple of snippets in the LaCanfora blog. It's hard to sum it all up, so I won't try, and anyway it's all available for you to listen to, but I found it interesting.

Oh no. That would be too much work.

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't care what Gibbs said today. I think that he will quietly have three active QB's on Sunday.

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. NFL RULES STATE THE 3RD QB IS INACTIVE UNLESS, IF AND ONLY IF, THE FIRST TWO QBs ARE INJURED. Therefore, unless Campbell moves up on the depth chart, which Gibbs said he isn't, both QBs HAVE to get hurt before Campbell sees the field on Sunday. It's not Gibbs' choice, the only way around it is to list Jason as the #2, PERIOD!

does anyone have tanya harding's phone #? we can put an end to this nonsense once and for all!!!

:laugh: seriously, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Really, does this come as a surprise? Gibbs said he wasn't going to make a QB change at the bye, yet some seem to be surprised by this.

Personally, I'd rather have Brunell sacked 6 times rather than Campbell getting sacked 6 times. If we can't protect the QB, it doesn't matter who is back there.

Jason

And if our defense continues to play the way it has the past 4 weeks, it doesn't really matter who the QB is anyway. I'd seriously like to know why Brunell is getting blamed for nearly everything by nearly everyone on this thread. It's obvious to me that the defense has been (by far) the biggest letdown of the season. If the defense was anything like it used to be and the Skins were winning these games 22-10 or 22-14, nobody would be saying one thing about Brunell.

I don't think he's played great, but he certainly hasn't been terrible. The defense, on the other hand, continues to get manhandled and can't stop anyone.

And if our defense continues to play the way it has the past 4 weeks, it doesn't really matter who the QB is anyway. I'd seriously like to know why Brunell is getting blamed for nearly everything by nearly everyone on this thread. It's obvious to me that the defense has been (by far) the biggest letdown of the season. If the defense was anything like it used to be and the Skins were winning these games 22-10 or 22-14, nobody would be saying one thing about Brunell.

I don't think he's played great, but he certainly hasn't been terrible. The defense, on the other hand, continues to get manhandled and can't stop anyone.

Amen:applause:

I have some questions for Skins fans:

1) Why do Skins fans think Cambell can start if he isn't even 2nd string on the depth chart?

2) What did Cambell look like in the preseason and did it seem like he understood the "600 page" playbook?

3) Would you really want to start a rookie against a better than average defense like Dallas?

4) Do you think Gibbs will come back next year?

5) Will TomKat be at the game Sunday?

There are several possibilites I can see but no answers

1) Joe doesnt want to admit he made a mistake on Brunell

2) Joe doesnt want to reveal he made a mistake on Campbell

3) Joe doesnt want to concede the season after all the FA aquisitions leading us to beleive we were a superbowl contender this year

4) Some promises were made to someone that cant be changed which cause us to remain at status quo regardless of our performance

5) Campbell just isn't ready yet to play.

6) They want to make sure Brunell gets the offense down, since he will probably be Campbell's primary backup for a little while.

Jason

Archived