Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any news from practice?

Riggins Seventy Chip

I was going to post a similar thread but I thought I might be murdered by some people. Practice is going on right now so I am sure we will find out later today if you listen to 980 or XXX radio they will mention it in there 20/20 updates, but someone will post it as soon as they here it. Does anyone think that if we didnt have a bye that Brunell would have started anyways, my guess is yes.

Depends on how they do it. Either way, I think they will blame the Brunell benching (when it happens) on injury. So it could be later this week (Friday) if Brunell doesn't practice all week. But I wouldn't expect an announcement till at least Thursday or Friday, just to keep the Pukes guessing.

If you all remember correctly he didn't practice most of the week leading up to the Texans game (might have been the Jax's game?) but he came to practice on Friday and started on Sunday. You may or may not see a similar trend this week. Food for thought.

Depends on how they do it. Either way, I think they will blame the Brunell benching (when it happens) on injury. So it could be later this week (Friday) if Brunell doesn't practice all week. But I wouldn't expect an announcement till at least Thursday or Friday, just to keep the Pukes guessing.

Good idea. We will keep them quessing. I mean do they plan to defend a 3 yard passing attack or 20...there is a difference. :D

Was there any news on how Campbell looked last week running the offense?

Good question! Not much was talked about last week because he was taking snaps with the first team but a lot of them were sidelined by injuries. Unfortunately it seems to be a similar situation this week.

If you all remember correctly he didn't practice most of the week leading up to the Texans game (might have been the Jax's game?) but he came to practice on Friday and started on Sunday. You may or may not see a similar trend this week. Food for thought.

It was before the Jax game, but there was a key difference there:

Todd Collins was working with the first team, not Jason Campbell.

Not saying that JC is starting for sure, but hopefully he will be!! :dallasuck

It was before the Jax game, but there was a key difference there:

Todd Collins was working with the first team, not Jason Campbell.

Not saying that JC is starting for sure, but hopefully he will be!! :dallasuck

Thanks for the clarification there Ceviker! I knew it was one or the other because we did win that week. :silly: I really believe Campbell will be, at the very least, the #2 QB this week. Hell he may even be #1 but we will have to wait until later to find out.

On a side note, does anyone know if Gibbs has his regular presser today? That may get some of our questions answered.

Per La Canforna, Brunell dressed but did not practice today! Let's hope this trend continues.

A little bit more description from the LaCanfora blog:

Brunell, Portis and Moss all missed practice. None of them in pads or participating in drills during the period of training we got to see. Brunell was on the field, but not with a helmet and not doing much of anything at all.

The blog also says that Gibbs is going to be speaking around 1:30 pm.

Archived