Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any news from practice?

Riggins Seventy Chip

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. NFL RULES STATE THE 3RD QB IS INACTIVE UNLESS, IF AND ONLY IF, THE FIRST TWO QBs ARE INJURED. Therefore, unless Campbell moves up on the depth chart, which Gibbs said he isn't, both QBs HAVE to get hurt before Campbell sees the field on Sunday. It's not Gibbs' choice, the only way around it is to list Jason as the #2, PERIOD!

Campbell will play Sunday regardless of how Joe gets him in the game.

Campbell will play Sunday regardless of how Joe gets him in the game.

So you're predicting that both Todd and Mark get injured or are you saying Gibbs will have them both fake injuries? If he planned on getting Jason in the game this week he'd be moved to #2. I know we all want to see Jason in action but man, don't give yourself false hope. The facts are as they are. Either both QBs get injured, Gibbs has a sudden change of heart mid game and makes them both fake injuries or Jason doesn't play. Take your pick, those are the only options.

So you're predicting that both Todd and Mark get injured or are you saying Gibbs will have them both fake injuries? If he planned on getting Jason in the game this week he'd be moved to #2. I know we all want to see Jason in action but man, don't give yourself false hope. The facts are as they are. Either both QBs get injured, Gibbs has a sudden change of heart mid game and makes them both fake injuries or Jason doesn't play. Take your pick, those are the only options.
I don't even see that happening

Why do you think campbell isnt ready to play? Hasnt he had 2 training camps? You think he will be that much WORSE than m.boonell? We can write pages about how the qb is the most unknown position to figure out. Bellichick is a genius right? Why didnt the second year Tom Brady start the season, even after preseason and t.camp? Because he didnt know what he had.

Oh no. That would be too much work.

Thanks for the heads up.

REALLY!

Who has 8 minutes to spare to find out what Gibbs has to say?! One of you kids need to go in there, fire up the WWW to Gibbs presser, and type it out word for word for those of us whose time is money!! :silly:

I have some questions for Skins fans:

1) Why do Skins fans think Cambell can start if he isn't even 2nd string on the depth chart?

2) What did Cambell look like in the preseason and did it seem like he understood the "600 page" playbook?

3) Would you really want to start a rookie against a better than average defense like Dallas?

4) Do you think Gibbs will come back next year?

5) Will TomKat be at the game Sunday?

1. We are basing that assumption on the assumption that Gibbs, Saunders, Snyder, Bugel, Byner, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny know nothing.

2. He mastered the 600 page playbook. He is having trouble with the remaining 100 pages of the 700 pager, though.

3. Would you really want to start a corpse against a better than average defense like Dallas?

4. Do you think TO will come out of the closet next year?

5. No, but L. Ron is scheduled to make his annual "return to earth to fleece the celebrities" appearance.

Why do you think campbell isnt ready to play? Hasnt he had 2 training camps? You think he will be that much WORSE than m.boonell? We can write pages about how the qb is the most unknown position to figure out. Bellichick is a genius right? Why didnt the second year Tom Brady start the season, even after preseason and t.camp? Because he didnt know what he had.

Big difference between Tom Brady, who was a 6th round pick with a guy who had a 1st round pick with numerous passing records in front of him.

Campbell will play when the coaches believe he's ready to play. It isn't about whether or not he can play better than Brunell right now. If he doesn't have everything down that the coaching staff wants him to have down, then he isn't ready. Simple as that.

Jason

1. We are basing that assumption on the assumption that Gibbs, Saunders, Snyder, Bugel, Byner, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny know nothing.

2. He mastered the 600 page playbook. He is having trouble with the remaining 100 pages of the 700 pager, though.

3. Would you really want to start a corpse against a better than average defense like Dallas?

4. Do you think TO will come out of the closet next year?

5. No, but L. Ron is scheduled to make his annual "return to earth to fleece the celebrities" appearance.

Thanks for clearing that up

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. NFL RULES STATE THE 3RD QB IS INACTIVE UNLESS, IF AND ONLY IF, THE FIRST TWO QBs ARE INJURED. Therefore, unless Campbell moves up on the depth chart, which Gibbs said he isn't, both QBs HAVE to get hurt before Campbell sees the field on Sunday. It's not Gibbs' choice, the only way around it is to list Jason as the #2, PERIOD!

:laugh: seriously, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

You are mostly correct but they ammended the rule, that the 3rd QB can enter the game in the 4th quarter.

Teams were upsetr they couldnt play their #3 to get him experience

So at any point in the 4th quarter Campbell can enter the game

Maybe I am wrong about Gibbs listing Campbell as the #2. He has said repeatedly this week that he is sticking to the original depth chart. I am just hoping that Campbell gets into the games soon and I am beginning to question just what Gibbs is doing with the QB's.

I hear you man. I wish Campbell was at least the #2 already. Brunell's obviously done. I was just trying to point at that, as much as we want it, it certainly doesn't look like it's happening for at least another week or two.

You are mostly correct but they ammended the rule, that the 3rd QB can enter the game in the 4th quarter.

Teams were upsetr they couldnt play their #3 to get him experience

So at any point in the 4th quarter Campbell can enter the game

Although I'd prefer that all 53 be able to play as the coaches please (the inactive list is so incredibly stupid) that, at least, is a good thing. Thanks for the knowledge, I didn't know that. :)

Right. You might also say, "As much as we want to win, it doesn't look like it's going to happen for at least another year or two." I am getting thoroughly depressed.

sigh, I hear you man, and I'm right there with you. I damn near break out in tears when I watch other teams play. it must be nice to have a real QB :( . Hell, at least even the ****ty QBs try, I feel like Brunell won't take a hit or give his recievers a chance. He's playing like he's scared to get hit and he's watching the rush. Damn it all this team is frustrating.

Archived