Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Finish the sentence: If Mark Brunell is the starter next season...

kcofdc

Im pretty sure this will never happen, however with the loyalty to MB, there is no garuntee JC or anybody else will be supersmart enough to lead the team next year. Matter of fact MB is still under contract for like 4 more years (I think). So finish the sentence

If Mark Brunell is the starter next season...

... I will sever my own head off with a dull and rusty paperclip.

Oh! And start rooting for the Cowboys!:doh: JK

I echo your sentiments.

Why the f**k ....

Forum Rule #6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters. Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

:)

I would be pretty stoked if he was the QB next season b/c that would obviously mean that we either won 2-3 playoffs games or won the superbowl. I would LOVE to see MB starting at QB next season. Joe is not going to keep in MB if we do not make the playoffs period... That is a guarantee b/c the whole goal is to win a SB. If a 36 year old MB can't a 37 year old won't either. Things are going to be ok people just relax.

Sad thing is, if the Skins finish strong and close to .500 you can pretty much guarrantee MB will be the starter next year. So, hope for a complete collapse where there is no other option than re-building.

Sadder still is I will still buy the Direct TV package cuss and moan and watch every minute of every 3 yard pass on 3rd and 8.

Nah man that just makes us die hard 'Skins fans. :laugh:

Then we better have AT LEAST made it to the NFC Championship game in 2006 under Brunell (long shot now). Otherwise I will have to infer that Gibbs made one of two possible horrible decisions.

1 -- He has determined that JC will not be a good NFL quarterback, which means his decision to move up in the 2005 draft to get him was a horrible decision.

2 -- He has determined that JC does have the potential to be a good NFL quarterback, but elects to sit him for a third straight year even after a very dissapointing season under MB.

Short of us making the playoffs this year I can't see how Gibbs could rationalize not starting JC next year.

wouldnt surprise me really , brunell isnt a bigtime player and the way he is playing now he is very capable of playing next year cuz its not very good at all and it isnt hard to play without heart like he does , if gibbs doesnt think hes the problem and he clearly doesnt care much about the future then brunell being the starter wouldnt surprise me , now if gibbs steps down like some people think then i dont think there is anyway brunell will be starting , gibbs is the only one who wants it this way

For crying out loud, all the QB's taken in the 1st round when Jason Campbell was drafted are playing.

Aaron Rodgers isn't playing either but he's backing up an old timer who is a future HOFer.

I say if we lose to Dallas at home Brunell is done, but that doesn't mean Gibbs will agree.

If he is starting next year then I will start a petition to have Gibbs checked for Alzheimers. In all seriousness though, I wouldn't doubt a bit of a mutiny. It might not be public, but the receivers will start to press Gibbs about it, as will Saunders. It really must be maddening to get wide open and not have the ball thrown to you because you are too far away (or aren't Santana Moss). The O-line will probably start to lose even more heart as well as the defense. At this point Danny Boy might end up stepping in, as another poster said. On another note...who is going to be up for re-signing soon? I wouldn't be incredibly surprised if, having Brunell as a starter and stinking up the joint, some of them start shopping around for a new team. Losing Taylor or Cooley would be a huge blow.

:2cents:

Im pretty sure this will never happen, however with the loyalty to MB, there is no garuntee JC or anybody else will be supersmart enough to lead the team next year. Matter of fact MB is still under contract for like 4 more years (I think). So finish the sentence

:rolleyes: Then, I shall commit suicide, by drinking a gallon of anti-freeze / engine coolant, and perishing from acute renal failure while watching Redskins 'Glory Days' highlight films from the 'Gibbs I' era!!!

Then Joe Gibbs is senile

Then this team is more mismanaged than I thought

Then we will be forced to wait for a career ending injury before this team gets better

Then we wasted 3 draft picks on Jason Campbell

Then we are in deep ****

*gets in line behind this response*

...then we must improve our defense (Top 5 in the NFL), and have a very good kicker.

If not, season over as this year.

Bad Offense + Very Bad Defense + A lot of penalties + Worst Kicker in the league = Season Over

Nevertheless, go SKINS, beat Dallas.

:dallasuck

The for the first time in over 20 years of following the Skins, I will not watch a game. It hurts too much to watch Brunell QB my team. I honestly believe that there will be a large scale mutiny if Brunell is the starting QB next season. You can already tell a lot of players are holding their tongues....I think if Brunell is QB next season the team will self destruct.

Archived