Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Archuleta - possible linebacker?

MKnight82

I believe Skins gave him so much guaranteed money that we'll be stuck with him for 3 years. I have no doubt that Archuleta can play football, the question is whether he can play well doing what Williams asks him to do. Trotter didn't fit with the Skins but has always had success with the Eagles. Unfortunately, the coaches can't change an entire system because one player isn't up to the task. Hopefully they'll find some way to adjust.

I wish Williams were not so arrogant. Anyone remember how Petitbone adjusted the system for Wilber Marshall?

Personally I think you guys are too harsh on him. Everytime last year that our secondary would get beat it would almost always be Walt Harris or Ryan Clark. Not to mention that Clark was average at best in run support.

:applause:

Everyone just loves Clark now that he is gone. they don't remember his getting run over on run plays, and disappearing in 4th quarter on pass plays. Vick lit Pitt up for 41 points yesterday. I saw #25 for Pitt getting to the BIG plays even later than AA does.... go figure.... Watch the ATL-Pitt highlight and you will see what I mean...

Hello everyone this is my first post. I was wondering what everyone thought about possibly moving archuleta to linebacker. I don't know if this is something that could happen midseason even during the bye week so it would probably have to wait till the offseason. But I figure we're going to be paying this guy a ton of money for the next few years and we should try to play to his strengths. He's a strong run stopper, seems to shed blocks decently when blitzing, and weighs over 220 pounds so he has decent size. Moving him to linebacker would limit his time in coverage, which seems to be his major weakness. Any thoughts?

I'm going to just assume this is a goof and you are a fan of a rival team.

Buh Bye.

What do you do for a living????? i thought you guys were redskins fans???? more like fair weather fans!!!!!! get off arch's back the whole team blows!!!! :eaglesuck

What do I do for a living? You have no idea. Go back to your bag of doritos and your ugly wife.

Why are you all harping on Arch? He has been a great tackler for us. If we still had Ryan Clark, you can be sure there would be more than a few more missed tackles. Yeah sure.. out coverage sucks, but its not his fault. How about the non-existent pass rush, and horrible cb play? He is not on my list of problems, thats for sure.

This is the main area where the injury to Pierson Prealiou (sp?) has hurt us the most. If he were healthy we would be able to put him in for AA on passing downs to limit AA's time in coverage. The injury has forced Greg Williams to use Arch in situations that don't fit him well. As long as he doesn't get run out of town first I think he will find his niche here.

If you are watching the Cowboys planning the Giants... you will see what a colossal mistake we made letting Antonio Pierce, and LaVar Arrington go,

LaVar got the safety!

And now fragile Lavar is out for the season with a blown Achilles. Need a shoe horn for that foot in your mouth?

Archived