Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Archuleta - possible linebacker?

MKnight82

Hello everyone this is my first post. I was wondering what everyone thought about possibly moving archuleta to linebacker. I don't know if this is something that could happen midseason even during the bye week so it would probably have to wait till the offseason. But I figure we're going to be paying this guy a ton of money for the next few years and we should try to play to his strengths. He's a strong run stopper, seems to shed blocks decently when blitzing, and weighs over 220 pounds so he has decent size. Moving him to linebacker would limit his time in coverage, which seems to be his major weakness. Any thoughts?

I was just trying to think of a way to get some quality play out of him. He seems to be a decent athlete he just doesn't work well in coverage. Judging by his salary cap I don't think he'll be going anywhere for awhile so while we have him we should try and play to his strengths.

The average weight for Linebacker on the Redskins is 238.5 lbs. The smallest as listed by Redskins.com is Lemar Marshall at 227 lbs. Archulete is listed at 223 lbs. So he'd be the smallest overall, and off the avg weight by 15.5 lbs.

The average height is 6'2.3". Again, AA would be the smallest as he is 6'.

AA is too small to play Linebacker. (and too crappy to play Saftey) The first person who should move to LB on the team...is Rocky McIntosh.

All info listed www.redskins.com

Next few years, I thought we only hired him for this year? Also, we need to put him back to how he played with the Rams, a pass rusher.

I believe Skins gave him so much guaranteed money that we'll be stuck with him for 3 years. I have no doubt that Archuleta can play football, the question is whether he can play well doing what Williams asks him to do. Trotter didn't fit with the Skins but has always had success with the Eagles. Unfortunately, the coaches can't change an entire system because one player isn't up to the task. Hopefully they'll find some way to adjust.

I believe Skins gave him so much guaranteed money that we'll be stuck with him for 3 years.

Oh alright, I knew we paid him a fair amount of money, just didnt know how long he was going to be with us. But yea, hopefully the bye week will fix things, I just wish we were the colts of the NFC. Playing around with everyone, and then next week come out smashing people. But hell, I still believe well make the playoff's, sounds crazy, but I think we can do it.

Welcome aboard, mknight! Good question....

No I don't think he'll cut it at a second postion until he masters the first.

Observations of teams running over Walt Harris are correct, Deion could have given him tackling lessons.

We definitely need good cornerback work to cover AA's weaknesses. I see him as a situational player at best. (possibly the "situation" where we cut him, and spend the millions elsewhere)

Archived