Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibb's Honeymoon is over!

celticsalmon

No, this post is pathetic.

Really.

Blondie

What is pathetic is the way the majority continues to blindly support Gibbs. Come on, nothing has changed in 3 years; we're still the inconsistent door mat of the NFC East. Perhaps Dan Snyder needs to take a play from Ed Snider's playbook in the Philadelphia Flyers' organization. Ed Snider finally realized that old player/executive icons are still accountable for winning; just ask Bobby Clarke. We pay Gibbs to be accountable. Who was he accountable to when he attempted a field goal in the 4th quarter as we trailed by 19 points? Was his accountability aimed at the statisticians or the bookies?

I started this thread and I will go up against anyone who says they are a true Redskin fan! I lived through thru Otto Grahman, Bill McPeak, George Allen, Pardee, Marty...etc. I will always be a Redskin fan. Why do yu think I am here after watching today's debacle? But I am a REALIST and since I am a paying customer I have every right in the world to be critical. It doesn't make me less of a fan than you!!!

if this was any other coach, people would be up arms. It doesn't matter who the coach is, he is not getting it done. 6-10, 10-6, 2-? does anyone really think we are going to even win 6 games this year? After our finish last year, there is NO reason why we should be so bad! There is a lot of blame to go around here, but I think people need to stop leaving gibbs out of the conversation of what is wrong here simply b/c of what he means to the organization and what he has done in the past.

WOW

Blondie I am sorry you stick up for the team by attacking a troll and then get jumped on by a bunch of band wagoners .

I am sick of the homer "realistic - pesermistic" fan divide I guess the fact these non homers can come on the redskins board and trash the organisation every week helps the team.

I really am amazed at the length of peoples memory not 12 months ago we went to the playoffs lead by Gibbs from a bigger hole than we are in now.

20 years ago we were in the middle of the golden years where the skins were a frightening team no organisation was as dominant for as long with such consistancy and yeah with some of us that still gives Gibbs an unjustified un earned pass me amongst them but if opposing fans see the skins as a joke team it doesn't come from this year it has been a long time comming loosing for over a decade will do that .

When Gibbs looses the team he will move on - Right now all he seems to be loosing is some fairweather fans.. no great loss

Oh, I don't know. Our guys really fought hard out there. Remember, "We're in this together!"

No they didn't. They hardly tried, guys who try don't get penalties that kill drives all thru the 3rd and 4th quarters. Qb's care enough to make yards, even if it means hitting receivers they don't like, if they have class and care. These men could care less, as long as they get paid, and it shows. The arrogance, as though they have anything at all to be proud of besides a paycheck they don't deserve, is a joke to observe.

It isn't Gibb's fault. In Gibbs we trust. This is year one with a new offense, be patient (hasn't anyone noticed that since Snyder bought the team we are always in year 1? Jeez, it sounds like a Soviet Plan.). Blahblahblah. It's still 18-21. The bottom line in a bottom line business. Oh, it's definitely Gibbs' fault. It's his team. He picked this bunch. The buck stops with him. Quit living on reruns and your lying eyes, this is an overpriced wreck on the highway.

All I know is this blind faith in Gibbs is getting old, fast. According to the homers on the board its everyones fault but his. The man himself would tell you otherwise. Gibbs knows how to accept responsibility, he's not above this.

No one said Joe Gibbs did not accept responsibility. But do you really think Joe Gibbs can't fix this again? BTW, 8600 posts in 18 months goes beyond homerism.

K old man, first learn to use the quote feature.

Second, you don't know me, you don't know who I am. There's actually another part of this board called the Tailgate where I actually do most of my posting. And a Wizards and Orioles forum, too. But it's cool, you know the old saying, "when you assume...

I never said Gibbs doesn't accept responsibility for this, he DOES accept it. So he shouldn't be above criticism.

WOW

Blondie I am sorry you stick up for the team by attacking a troll and then get jumped on by a bunch of band wagoners .

I am sick of the homer "realistic - pesermistic" fan divide I guess the fact these non homers can come on the redskins board and trash the organisation every week helps the team.

I really am amazed at the length of peoples memory not 12 months ago we went to the playoffs lead by Gibbs from a bigger hole than we are in now.

20 years ago we were in the middle of the golden years where the skins were a frightening team no organisation was as dominant for as long with such consistancy and yeah with some of us that still gives Gibbs an unjustified un earned pass me amongst them but if opposing fans see the skins as a joke team it doesn't come from this year it has been a long time comming loosing for over a decade will do that .

When Gibbs looses the team he will move on - Right now all he seems to be loosing is some fairweather fans.. no great loss

If you cannot see that Gibbs is losing more than that I feel sorry for you. He has lost the most important thing he had, a good name and the respect of the entire community.

I still respect him, but not like I did and not like I want to. I will always be a Skins fan, even after Gibbs is dead and gone. How he goes out is up to him. I think one important question he has to ask himself is, is catering to Mark's selfish immaturity more important than his good name and this team's name and self respect???

:dallasuck Ok skins fans. Lets take a few day's off and get some rest. Lets get Campbell ready for Dallas. Lets get to 3-5 Then 4-5 then 5-5. It's all possible. Never give up on the skins. Never 11-5 w/ Campbell.:D :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

IF we are classless you must be clueless. Nothing wrong with questioning the abilities of a coach who since his return is 18-21.

Since you can't seem to grasp the obvious, I will explain it to you.

No one is criticizing your questoning of Gibbs.

Blondie's words were obviously (at least I thought it was obvious) directed at the NY Giant fan trolling this thread. No one else.

Do you get it now, "geniuses"?

Eric Mangini..... getting in done in New York (4-3 and looking good in all games except 1 blowout) with 1/4 the talent and huge contracts we have here in Washington.

What year are the Saints into their program?

Chiefs looking half-decent as well with complete coaching turnover.

Patriots still getting it done the past 2 years with nearly every coach on their staff raided with the exception of Belichick.

We can't keep blaming it on the players learning a new system... every year there are a handful of teams that are learning a new system and are successful.

Redskins fans have every excuse in the book (we're even talking about ads between plays now).

Why, because it's actually true?
Whatever Blondie....someones gotta take the blame for this and it starts at the top.

For those who feel the need to jump on me........congrats on taking up for a Giant troll.

I think it was hysterical.........really.

I have great thoughts right now about this team........and what is happening to it.........but I will be DAMNED if some GIANT TROLL will come into OUR house and dis it.

If y'all want the giants love so much...........go there.

Blondie

Archived