Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibb's Honeymoon is over!

celticsalmon

I have great thoughts right now about this team........and what is happening to it.........but I will be DAMNED if some GIANT TROLL will come into OUR house and dis it.

If y'all want the giants love so much...........go there.

Blondie

:cheers: Amen Blondie...Amen!

No they didn't. They hardly tried, guys who try don't get penalties that kill drives all thru the 3rd and 4th quarters. Qb's care enough to make yards, even if it means hitting receivers they don't like, if they have class and care. These men could care less, as long as they get paid, and it shows. The arrogance, as though they have anything at all to be proud of besides a paycheck they don't deserve, is a joke to observe.

Oh, this is bull.

The Giants game. I agree. No heart.

Titans game, not much better

but today, I saw a team giving a good effort. Look, we went to Indy's house, a damned good offense, loud crowd, and we have a lot of injuries and other problems.

All in all, I give the effort a B.

If we had been 4-2 going into Indy and lost, you'd wouldn't be saying this crap.

There is two major mistakes Gibbs has made in my opinion.

1- Letting GW and the defensive coaches have too much control over what talent got brought in here on D. We are screwed badly with the talent we got and it's not going to get fixed in a year.

GW's defense is a all or nothing defense. Now it's mostly nothing because the blitz is gone and we lack any kind of talent to compensate. It honestly looks like Gibbs has talked with Williams about the D and now it dosen't even resemble a GW's defense with or without injuries.

2- Al Saunders, I knew this was going to happen before the season started. Gibbs and Saunders may come from the same school of coaching but that's about all they have in common.

Al Saunders offense may be explosive but it also lends it self to a lot of 3 and outs and dosen't maintain drives. Basically if you can't get big plays in Saunders offense it's not very effective in controlling the clock or time of possesion. It looks like Gibbs has stepped in here also but it's just not working. It looks like a little of Saunders offense and a little of Gibbs offense.

Gibbs made a comment today after the game that really makes me wonder how long he is going to be around. Early in the interview he said something along the lines that you got to cherish every moment up here in the NFL. I know at the end he said he is commited to the Redskins but I still can't ignore his early statement.

In my opinion he needs to let both of these coaches go. Not because they can't coach but they are not his style and I don't think he will ever do this at his stage in life. If he was younger maybe, but he is too old to burn bridges after he brought these guys in. He did an excellent job in assembling some talent and something to look forward to in the future but I ultimately see him taking full responsibility for the disappointment of the team and stepping down after the season because deep down I think he knows it's just not going to work out with the people he has surrounded himself with and he will take the blame before he lets the other coaches take it.

For those who feel the need to jump on me........congrats on taking up for a Giant troll.

I think it was hysterical.........really.

I have great thoughts right now about this team........and what is happening to it.........but I will be DAMNED if some GIANT TROLL will come into OUR house and dis it.

If y'all want the giants love so much...........go there.

Blondie

I don't give a crap who it is. Their delivery may have lacked a bit of couth and class, but the message is clear and it rings loud and true.

I have no problem with anyone pointing out what some people fail to acknowledge.

I don't give a crap who it is. Their delivery may have lacked a bit of couth and class, but the message is clear and it rings loud and true.

I have no problem with anyone pointing out what some people fail to acknowledge.

That is you.

THIS is a REDSKIN board.

I will NEVER ALLOW some TROLL from another team to speak like that and not respond. I never have..........I never will. Period.

I can fuss with my family.......and talk about them...........but by god........no one from the outside better talk about my family.

Like I said...........that is on you.

And when all these trolls begin to invade here, I guess I will see you lining up with them.

Yeah. Ok.

EDIT: I just noticed something. Never mind. I think this is now more hystercal than it was in the beginning. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Thanks for the laugh. Really.

Blondie

Mark my words, Gibbs will either be given his walking papers, or he'll resign at the end of this season. He's been neutered, and the game has passed him by. He knows it and so does everyone else.

I don't think the game passed him by. Quite the contrary, in his effort to modernize the team with coaches he is realizing that this is just not Joe Gibbs football and it would be nearly impossible to get rid of these coaches after the commitment he made in bringing them here.

Mark my words, Gibbs will either be given his walking papers, or he'll resign at the end of this season. He's been neutered, and the game has passed him by. He knows it and so does everyone else.

I think Gibbs was so excited about this season in January. So, what has happened?

We improved all areas........supposedly.

How could we have gone from a playoff team to this in such a shor time.

I KNOW that playoff teams have a slump at times.....after their run.......but this is so confusing.

Blondie

That is you.

THIS is a REDSKIN board.

I will NEVER ALLOW some TROLL from another team to speak like that and not respond. I never have..........I never will. Period.

I can fuss with my family.......and talk about them...........but by god........no one from the outside better talk about my family.

Like I said...........that is on you.

And when all these trolls begin to invade here, I guess I will see you lining up with them.

Yeah. Ok.

EDIT: I just noticed something. Never mind. I think this is now more hystercal than it was in the beginning. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Thanks for the laugh. Really.

Blondie

Oh, ok...I'm glad you told me how it is. I guess every fan should take the Blondie fan test or else they'll be subject to posts such as this.

I'm reeling...

The team needs to look towards its future pronto. Jason Campbell needs to be given a chance. As for Gibbs, I don't know what's going through his mind, but I wouldn't shed many tears if St. Joe decided to retire once again at the end of this season. If that happens, Danny needs to hire a GM who will find a up and coming coordinator to be our HC, or maybe give Williams a shot. No more big splash hires.

OOOOOOOOoo..........don't faint baby.

Hang in there.

It will be better.

Blondie

Thats a safe statement. It'll be better sometime, eventually.

Just not this year.

And, in all honesty, I was siding with the original post.

Though the troll, classless as he may be, was calling it like he saw it. I don't have a problem with that.

all i have to say is 2 out of 15... do you know what that number represents. it represents how many times we've been to the playoffs in the past 15 years. 2 times people!!!!! That is why we are so frustrated. Speaking for myself I will always remain a fan, but all of the talk an hype about this team is getting old real fast. How about we learn how to build a team the right way and win some games. Its the same ol crap every year. The fans spend more, the owner makes more, the organization pays players more. But the only thing that we don't get more of is wins!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I think Gibbs needs to do what he probably figured he wouldn't have to do when he brought Saunders here. He needs to show him how to call plays, or at least plays that work.

Thats scary because even last year the offense was less than stellar until they let loose with Portis late in the season.

We've faced the worst run defenses in the league the past 3 weeks yet haven't been able to run the ball.

Saunders, Bugel, and whoever else is responsible need to figure it out. If the OL can't block on sweeps then you don't run them for 3/4ths of your run plays. It makes no sense.

Actually I think Gibbs needs to do what he probably figured he wouldn't have to do when he brought Saunders here. He needs to show him how to call plays, or at least plays that work.

Thats scary because even last year the offense was less than stellar until they let loose with Portis late in the season.

We've faced the worst run defenses in the league the past 3 weeks yet haven't been able to run the ball.

Saunders, Bugel, and whoever else is responsible need to figure it out. If the OL can't block on sweeps then you don't run them for 3/4ths of your run plays. It makes no sense.

It runs deeper than Gibbs and play calling. We were giving up 22.5 pts a game coming into today and now it's even higher.

It runs deeper than Gibbs and play calling. We were giving up 22.5 pts a game coming into today and now it's even higher.

See I dont really blame the defense as much because of all the injuries. Once we get back some of the players the defense will be killing teams again. They do need to work on tackling though. It was pathetic watching that Addai clown running around in our secondary every other time he touched the ball.

Remember how bad the defense was last year for the 3-4 games that just Griffen was out? Well right now its Griffen, Salaveaa playing hurt, Springs just coming back and probably 80%, Washington playing hurt, Marshall out, Rogers out, Prioleau out. Thats most of the good players from last years defense.

Also the offense has put the defense in much worse position than last year in field position and in not keeping the defense off the field.

You don't think that a 10 minute swing in time of possession has anything to do with the 50 or so yards difference between 7-8th ranked defense and 22-23rd?

See I dont really blame the defense as much because of all the injuries. Once we get back some of the players the defense will be killing teams again. They do need to work on tackling though. It was pathetic watching that Addai clown running around in our secondary every other time he touched the ball.

Remember how bad the defense was last year for the 3-4 games that just Griffen was out? Well right now its Griffen, Salaveaa playing hurt, Springs just coming back and probably 80%, Washington playing hurt, Marshall out, Rogers out, Prioleau out. Thats most of the good players from last years defense.

I totally disagree. There was a reason KC had no defense last year and all the sudden they found one this year. The playcalling on offense has alot to do with defense in my opinion.

Gibbs offense did more than people want to realize in making the defense look good by controlling the clock and field position. Our defense has been on a steady decline and I truly believe Saunders offense is just helping exploit this defense for what it has always been, medicore.

It's impossible to call yourself a good defense imo with no pass rush wich we have never had and giving up big plays consitently since last year.

Good lord people. I know we're ticked at the Skins and Gibbs and Snyder and Brunell and everybody else associated with this team right now. And we should be.

But when has that ever meant allowing trolls to troll around here? We've sucked before, you know. But we've NEVER accepted trolling. We never will.

I honestly can't believe this needs to be explained to some of you. Sheesh.

I never thought i'd see the day that Skins fans turned on Gibbs. I've disagreed with many, many of his moves. But I don't have to agree, but i'll always support him. He was happy in Nascar, he came back to help, cause he loves the fans. Not just the uniform. He came back to try to help us, because he knows how much we care. He is making some very questionable decisions. The past may not buy you wins and losses today. But it should buy some form of loyalty and appreciation, for what he is trying to do. He put his legacy on the line here, he did it for the fans. It will probably be a long season, I don't believe in having blind faith in him, or agreeing with his decisions, just because who he is, b ut I can never understand not supporting him. He might be going down this year, but he is going down swinging, and i'll support him. When he is done, i'll be thankful for his effort. Having said that. I'm going to look for a Brunnell bashing.

WE are pathetic. Not the Redskins, Extremeskins is pathetic right now. I mean, damn people, support your team.

We lost OMG REDSKINZ R TEH SUX0RZZZ!11!

Jesus people, we are still the 'Skins. Put some heart into your team when they are down, don't kick them. All of you "fans" saying we are done, we are pathetic, we suck, make me embarassed to be a 'Skins fan.

I support this team whether we win or lose. I will wear my Cooley jersey whether we are 14-2 or 2-14. I will sing Hail to the Redskins every sunday whether we play the Raiders or the Bears. Support your team. Man up. Ya'll were claiming we were the best team after we crushed Houston and beat Jacksonville, but after a couple bad games you claim we are the worst? Get some prozac, stop being so manic.

We are 2-5, I somehow remember us being 5-6 last year, 11 weeks into the season, on a 4 game skid, and somehow ending up 10-6?

Its not even halfway through the season. When we are mathematically out of the equation, then you can cry some.

Its not over 'till its over.

WE are pathetic. Not the Redskins, Extremeskins is pathetic right now. I mean, damn people, support your team.

We lost OMG REDSKINZ R TEH SUX0RZZZ!11!

Jesus people, we are still the 'Skins. Put some heart into your team when they are down, don't kick them. All of you "fans" saying we are done, we are pathetic, we suck, make me embarassed to be a 'Skins fan.

I support this team whether we win or lose. I will wear my Cooley jersey whether we are 14-2 or 2-14. I will sing Hail to the Redskins every sunday whether we play the Raiders or the Bears. Support your team. Man up. Ya'll were claiming we were the best team after we crushed Houston and beat Jacksonville, but after a couple bad games you claim we are the worst? Get some prozac, stop being so manic.

We are 2-5, I somehow remember us being 5-6 last year, 11 weeks into the season, on a 4 game skid, and somehow ending up 10-6?

Its not even halfway through the season. When we are mathematically out of the equation, then you can cry some.

Its not over 'till its over.

Realize however that some of the ranting that goes on is out of passion for this team rather than a beat em-when-they're -down tactic. I'm with you about sticking with the team but there isn't anything wrong with being frustrated and expressing it.

Archived