Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibb's Honeymoon is over!

celticsalmon

It's time for Redskins fans to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This team is in shambles-it is the joke of the NFL. Gibbs continues to ignore questions about the QB situation and gets testy when he is challenged by the media.

We've given him the benefit of his past-but that was then.

We fans pay exhorbitant prices for everything burgundy and gold-the product we are buying is inferior-Gibbs has to be accountable to US-and make some tough decisions. Let's start witha commitment to the future and give the kid at shot at QB. Of course it won't impact the defense or the many other problesm but atleast it will show us what we can or cannot look forward to next year.

This Redskins team isn't enjoyable to watch. They are outplayed-out of sync- With two exceptions-the games are over well before the end of the third quarter.

Gibbs gave up control of this team...so essentially this isn't Gibbs' fault. However, Gibbs can be blamed for Brunell and for not taking back more control by this point.

We're just going into our bye week and our season is over...inexcusable.

You know what's pathetic? It's one thing to come down on the team,but to let Giants troll come on this board and say things but agree with them while taking on a fellow Extreme member. Have at least a little pride. Cripes.

No, b/c it came from someone trolling this board "genius".

If you are so unhappy with this team,that you now want to align yourself with the trolls, then he's not the only thing that is pathetic on this board. :doh:

So it's pathetic to agree with someone that's pointing out the obvious?

Gibbs had this ship wrighted at the end of last year. The personell decisions, bringing in Saunders, all his fault, his hand was in that.

Last seasons team was a like an engine that ran well, but had a few problems. In that case, you don't overhaul the engine, rip it out and replace it with a new one. You tinker with it, add a piece or two.

All I know is this blind faith in Gibbs is getting old, fast. According to the homers on the board its everyones fault but his. The man himself would tell you otherwise. Gibbs knows how to accept responsibility, he's not above this.

It's time for Redskins fans to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This team is in shambles-it is the joke of the NFL. Gibbs continues to ignore questions about the QB situation and gets testy when he is challenged by the media.

We've given him the benefit of his past-but that was then.

We fans pay exhorbitant prices for everything burgundy and gold-the product we are buying is inferior-Gibbs has to be accountable to US-and make some tough decisions. Let's start witha commitment to the future and give the kid at shot at QB. Of course it won't impact the defense or the many other problesm but atleast it will show us what we can or cannot look forward to next year.

This Redskins team isn't enjoyable to watch. They are outplayed-out of sync- With two exceptions-the games are over well before the end of the third quarter.

There are many problems the team is facing, but one is unacceptable, the lack of fan support for Joe Gibbs is intolerable. :(

We are pathetic. How can you not even acknowledge that? We are what we are, a team with overpaid players and coaches. I don't care how hard we try, all teams at this level try. We stink .You know it, I know it, the whole league knows it.

We aren't that hard to get prepared for by the other teams because we don't take shots downfield, they can key on Portis, and Brunell doesn't scare anyones defense.The way our front office keeps throwing away our draft picks I don't see things getting any better until there is an overhaul there.We can't even beat an expansion team with an untested rookie quarterback. We are truly the worst team in the NFC East and possibly the conference. Playoffs...what a freaking joke. We are done. Flame on!

No, this post is pathetic.

Really.

Blondie

Oh stop talking. He's right. He's not getting control of the team. He's not firing the team up...He's making players who play crappy think they play well...ZERO ADJUSTMENTS.....Stop feeling bad for him because he COACHED HIS GUTS OUT!!!

All I know is this blind faith in Gibbs is getting old, fast. According to the homers on the board its everyones fault but his. The man himself would tell you otherwise. Gibbs knows how to accept responsibility, he's not above this.

No one said Joe Gibbs did not accept responsibility. But do you really think Joe Gibbs can't fix this again? BTW, 8600 posts in 18 months goes beyond homerism.

No, this post is pathetic.

Really.

Blondie

Why? When would it be time to question Gibbs? Do you give him 10 years? 15 years? There is nothing wrong with questioning Gibbs coaching abilities now. He will always be a hero in the DC area, but that doesn't mean that he can still coach. Shula, Knoll, and LAndry all went through the same thing. Towards the ends of their careers they couldn't compete with the new, younger coaches out there. So, sorry if this offends you, but that's life.

So it's pathetic to agree with someone that's pointing out the obvious?

No, it's b/c the guy is a troll. Period. He's not here to state the obvious. He's a lowlife, opposing team's fan who's here to kick you while you are down.

I guess you are also happy with his "Deadskins" declaration too? :rolleyes:

Be unhappy with the loss. But at least stand by your team when these people come here and attack us. :doh:

I told someon I was a skins fan today and he winced and said, "Ooooh, well, they USED to be good at least. Right now they are pretty funny though. They r the worst team in the nfl right now aren't they???"

How am I supposed to answer to that? Umm no, there are one or two toher teams that play worse once in a while??? Or, well, they could beat most high school teams???? I am out of answers.

Why? When would it be time to question Gibbs? Do you give him 10 years? 15 years? There is nothing wrong with questioning Gibbs coaching abilities now. He will always be a hero in the DC area, but that doesn't mean that he can still coach. Shula, Knoll, and LAndry all went through the same thing. Towards the ends of their careers they couldn't compete with the new, younger coaches out there. So, sorry if this offends you, but that's life.

AMEN!

I agree with the lead author of this post. It's time for Gibbs to be more accountable to the mistakes he's made as a personnel head and as the coach. The way we carelessly handle the draft (shipping out picks like we're Fed-Ex and it's the holidays), his marriage to Mark Brunell, and his general stubbornness and seemingly lack of fight.

I love Coach Gibbs, but he's gotta make some changes. I propose that he consider do the following:

1) Relinquish his duties as the personnel head. He's just not getting it done in that department (BTW, for us to give up a 3rd round pick for TJ Duckett and have him on the bench is just wrong).

* Also, stop with the wholesale changes and fantasy football play. Did we really need Al Saunders?

* Take care of your own and stop allowing them to leave and become great for other franchises (e.g. Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Antonio Pierce)

2) Bench Mark Brunell and start Jason Campbell

3) Well, I am too angry to finish this list...

Archived