Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about moving Andre Carter to the other side?

Slateman

From what I can tell, he's been playing over the LT of the opposing team. Typically, the left tackle is the opposing team's most athletic/best offensive lineman.

Carter's main advantage is speed. He's not big enough to bull rush guys and he has struggled to get by them on his speed and quickness.

Why not play him on the other side? I mean, right tackles are usually less agile than left tackles. This is one of the reasons I think that Peppers is so successful. He doesn't play against the opposing team's best tackle. Also, Strahan is usually most effective against Jon Jansen when he relies on his speed instead of just trying to push Jansen over.

I would like 2 see Phillip Daniels back @ right End and like u said float Carter in 2 the right sometimes for a change of pace , but mainly play him on the left side... I really liked Daniels on the right side.. I dont know WHYYYYYYYYYYy G. will found it necessary to move him over just because they picked up what they thought to be a blue-chipper...don't change what works

I'm optimisitc about the guy.. He look like a monster, but at the line I don't feel his presence.. I noticed this too, I think he needs to go to the other side.. that and the whole d-line needs to step it up a bit.. seems like they can't stop a runner even if he was in a wheel chair :doh:

The other side?? I know we are having some QB issues lately but i dont think Carter would play better than Brunell on offense!

huh?

:doh:

Carter had a great game yesterday. Got pressure a few times, slowed Young down once to cause a sack, and got a sack himself. What do you guys want? He's getting better every game. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Carter had a great game yesterday. Got pressure a few times, slowed Young down once to cause a sack, and got a sack himself. What do you guys want? He's getting better every game. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

I Agree, but still versus a very weak team which was 0-5

huh?

He's good on passing downs but when the game was tied at the end they ran twice at him one for 9 yards and one for 12 yards. I don't care if he gets 5 sacks a game but if he can't stop the run forget it.

huh?

He had ZERO tackles (well one...that sack) in a game where they ran to his side over and over and over again.

I could care less about his pass rush at this point. He's an average pass rusher. Yay, us!

What I care about is that he is not just a liability against the run, he is an albatross.

The Skins stunk against the run on that side last year when Holdman was the LB and they stink against the run again. I can't tell if the fault is the DE or the LB because you don't know if the DE is supposed to seal the edge and force the play inside for the LB to make the play. If the DE does his job and the LB doesn't then why blame the DE for the running plays?

What I do know is that the Skins have an excellent DL coach and an excellent LB coach. Let these guys do their jobs. Like all fans, I would like to see why the Skins traded those draft picks for Rocky. And Duckett. And Campbell. Wow, that's a lot of high draft picks for players that can't get on the field!!!!!!!!

huh?

Great game? Getting pressure a couple times isn't greatness. Watch Peppers play if you want to see greatness. And Carter's sack was more do to Young holding the ball. The guy has no burst off the line and he can't power rush anyone.

This guy is a BUST. Week after week the LT is getting inside him and standing him up. I see his arms go str8 up in the air. That to me looks like bad technique, or a lack of. Do spin moves, set them up for something, not just the same old moves. Did anyone really think we could take a converted lb from a very weak D and turn him into a star? All of our D free agents come from weak ass D's. How about getting some from the panthers,ravens,steelers. No, we let them have our best ones i guess. Hire a g.m. please!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is a BUST. Week after week the LT is getting inside him and standing him up. I see his arms go str8 up in the air. That to me looks like bad technique, or a lack of. Do spin moves, set them up for something, not just the same old moves. Did anyone really think we could take a converted lb from a very weak D and turn him into a star? All of our D free agents come from weak ass D's. How about getting some from the panthers,ravens,steelers. No, we let them have our best ones i guess. Hire a g.m. please!!!!!!!!!!

:koolaid:

Archived