Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Awful Offensive Offense(Gi-Normous GodzillaMerge)

NoCalMike

If our defense would get the other teams offense off the field during 3rd downs or generate some turnovers then maybe our offense could put a few more scoring drives together,but until then we will suffer.It's not Brunell,the oline or any other offensive players fault,some blame goes to the offense but the majority i'd say goes to the defenses lack of play.Other teams defense gets to rest for a considerable amount of time, then when they hit the field they are refreshed.We need to really address our front four becuase we are generating zero pass rush,and our secondary is very very suspect......Anywho we will get revenge on the Giants when the come down here to play,and hopefully our Defense will make some improvments for the better in the coming weeks...i'm out..peace..

''Go Skins!!!

Dude, there are plenty of threads on this topic. The reason I'm saying this is I am posting the same thing in multiple threads because the same topic is being used everywhere. If someone says it's the defense, agree and *post your logic there*.

If someone says it's the offense, disagree and *post your logic there*.

No reason for a new thread.

-- that said... here's the deal. The first Giants punt being in the fourth, with no turnovers, says the defense didn't do well. The time of possession is a two-way street - and generally you blame TOP on the offense, because it's the O that truly "controls" TOP. The other telling thing here, is again, the general rule of thumb is when you hold a team to less than 20, your offense didn't step up well.

If our defense would get the other teams offense off the field during 3rd downs or generate some turnovers then maybe our offense could put a few more scoring drives together,but until then we will suffer.It's not Brunell,the oline or any other offensive players fault,some blame goes to the offense but the majority i'd say goes to the defenses lack of play.Other teams defense gets to rest for a considerable amount of time, then when they hit the field they are refreshed.We need to really address our front four becuase we are generating zero pass rush,and our secondary is very very suspect......Anywho we will get revenge on the Giants when the come down here to play,and hopefully our Defense will make some improvments for the better in the coming weeks...i'm out..peace..

''Go Skins!!!

You're right, we sucked big time on stopping 3rd down plays today. It's always about controlling T.O.P. However, you can't say that our O didn't have time to score more than 3 points. What about the penalties? What about the missed field goal? What about not running Portis up the gut on 3rd and 1? What about the fact that the D was on the field way too long? It's a team effort. No one escapes blame in a game like this.

The offense scored 3 points. If that isn't a problem in the NFL, I don't know what is. Even if its just for one game, its the offenses fault no matter what if they can't score more than a fieldgoal. Seriously, you have to deal with things to succeed in the league. If the offense can't deal with the defense breaking down every once in a while, how are they ever going to play an offense that is just BETTER than the skins defense and hope to win?

a good team will overcome defiencies.

Please, the offense would have put up a goose egg if not for the bad blow to the head on Brunell call. Time of possession is highly overrated especially when you supposed have an all-world receiving corps. Where were Thrash, Randle El, Lloyd and Patten today? Nonexistent. Moss didn't do anything either. This offense is not as good as it looked last week against a beaten up Jags team which had played Pittsburgh, Dallas and the Colts in the previous three weeks. Stroud is hurt now.

I can see by your signature you like all the glimmer, perception and crap that's associated with the game of football.

I tend to watch the players play the game... and make evaluations. Clearly, you ain't watching. Jansen is a weak link capable of turning in a decent game every now and then.

Ah, yes, my signature, which is some 7 months old, tells you all you need to know about me and my ability to analyze games and players. Really, do you believe yourself when you say things like that? I can see that you're not interested in a fair evaluation, but that you'd rather get caught up in all of the negative hysteria that follows a loss.

The offense scored 3 points. If that isn't a problem in the NFL, I don't know what is. Even if its just for one game, its the offenses fault no matter what if they can't score more than a fieldgoal. Seriously, you have to deal with things to succeed in the league. If the offense can't deal with the defense breaking down every once in a while, how are they ever going to play an offense that is just BETTER than the skins defense and hope to win?

a good team will overcome defiencies.

I somewhat agree with you but like darell1106 said, the offense is just learning the playbook and getting things together, but the defense(mainly the D-line) has been around for awhile.Don't get me wrong i'm not saying that the Offense gets no blame(they had a few silly penalties and let Brunell get sacked)but to me it seems like the defense is just different they are'nt playing with passion or purpose I don't know if it's because of the players or the coach (G.Williams) but somthing has to change and fast.....I would love to have last years defense back...

ok so you say that the Olines the problem go watch the damn game film brunell got himself sacked most of the time again. he ran right into the defenders instead of tring to avoid them. he looks good some days and not others and the first reply on here is it's the Oline. he plain out sucks balls. stop blaming the oline brunell just makes them look worse then they are. now the defense aint the problem it's once again brunell bring them down you cant expect them to stay on the field for 3 querters and think there going to stop someone. saunders may call the plays but the qb has to make the throws. how many of the throws brunell made look good? what 3 or 4?

I can see by your signature you like all the glimmer, perception and crap that's associated with the game of football.

I tend to watch the players play the game... and make evaluations. Clearly, you ain't watching. Jansen is a weak link capable of turning in a decent game every now and then.

Well said. You beat me to it.

I disagree with you about Samuals. He is almost as bad as Jansen, especially when he pulls on counter tre's.

How could anyone say brunell sucks after last week? He's not an all-pro, but he doesn't suck either. He's a decent QB when he has time. He was all right for a lot of the game; pretty bad in the 4th quarter.

Honestly I thought the playcalling and coaching were PATHETIC today. I think Saunders' play calling was awful, GW's was worse, and Coach Gibbs was terrible in his ultra conservatism and REFUSAL to go for it on many 4th downs in Giants territory.

Brunnell makes every pass he throws look like the hardest pass in the world. Does anybody else see that? I watch other QB's and they look so smooth throwing the ball downfield.

I said it at the first of the year and I will continue to say it THIS TEAM IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE AS LONG AS BRUNELL IS THE QB.

He is going to have pretty good games but when he is off he is TERRIBLE.

Samuels actually had a decent game today. Sure, he got beat for a sack on a speed rush. But other than that... he held up.

I've been watching Rabach get consistently killed. Our next worst lineman is Jon Jansen.

Its very obvious Jansen has lost a step in pass protection and is struggling to keep speed rushers off the edge, may need to start giving him help on faster pass rushers. Please stop the panic, our Defense only gave up 19 points to the leagues # 2 offense, and our offense is still a work in progress. Its going to have its ups and downs. We are 1 game off from were we were last year and its way to early to panic. We should get back to .500 next week and then we can pray Springs will be back for the Indy game. I was very disappointed in the D play calling today, very passive and still got lit up on the Deep play, when they finally started blitzing they actually forced a couple of punts. Lets hope our team can get to 6 and 5 in the home stretch and start gelling just like they did last year.

All aspects of todays game were awful.

Offense consistently laid an egg and kept going 3 and out

Defense couldnt manage to get a 3 and out. The giants moved the ball at will.

Defense had ATROCIOUS tackling today.

I'm sorry, but it appears that Mark "checkdown" Brunell showed his true colors again today. Even when he completed 22 straight they were mostly dump offs and check downs to the RB. Remeber that pass that went to no one and should have been intercepted? what the hell was that? 109 yards through the air. wow!

O line was unable to open any holes for Clinton. Granted his game was not "A" material today, he had little opportunity to do anything.

Andre who? Did anyone else notice this man today? He looks like a statue. Cant get any pass rush whatsoever.

Mike Rumph and Kenny wright. We might as well call them the "bust brothers". Consistently bite on WR moves and always end up getting seperated from there man.

Quite possibly the worst coached game I have witnessed as a skins fan. On our only drive of the 3rd quarter we began to catch fire then punted on 4th down when we were down by 2 td's. Then yet again, two more times in the 4th quarter it was fourth and short and we punted.

Straight up, we got outplayed and outcoached. This goes back to last seasons Tampa wild card card. I feel like therre is no improvement and its gettign frustrating to watch as a die hard fan

lets start campbell for the love of god.

All aspects of todays game were awful.

I'm sorry, but it appears that Mark "checkdown" Brunell showed his true colors again today.

OK, glad to see you're not pinning it all on Brunell, but my oh my some of you guys want him out so bad that you look only at the evidence you want to. He wasn't good today, but no one was. He had great games these past two weeks and yet now, after a crappy loss in which no one performed well, he "showed his true colors again." So, every time he has a good game he's lucky, but when he has a bad game he's just being himself? That's not fair or logical.

Archived