Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Awful Offensive Offense(Gi-Normous GodzillaMerge)

NoCalMike

3 points against a horrible defense. Good game guys :rolleyes:

Yeah, great game.

I already wrote off this season after figuring out our offense will take the rest of the year to learn and execute Saunders billion page play book.

But I'm at a loss for words for our defense.

11th last year and 28th last week.

Mr Williams has some explaining to do.

And it isn't because of Shawn Springs.

One person does not a defense make.

We looked absolutely PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I say every seaon..........Maybe next year!:(

Come on guys, we it is Week 4, and we have seen our secondary suck for four straight weeks. We already know damn well that without Springs in there our defense cannot stop the passing game.....

Personally, I want to know what excuses the offense has for not being able to execute against another poor secondary. How can they come off a 400+ day against a tough Jags D, and then lay an egg in a DIVISION GAME?

Yes, the defense sucked, but who was suprised? We should be wondering why the offense dissapeared.

Actually - granted the time of possession was bad (a problem for defense - inability to make stops on 3rd downs - and a problem for the offense and inability to sustain drives) BUT, there is a widely held belief that when you give up less than 20 points, you can point a finger on your offense.

In terms of the offense, it's actually pretty easy to point a finger here. It's not that there were a dropped balls, it's not that Brunell's accuracy was horrible (he really threaded the needle well more often than not, something he has NOT gotten credit for is his new arm confidence). Run-blocking and pass-blocking was the issue today.

*Edit: To say, however, that the OLine simply "played poorly" is an oversimplification. There are two teams playing out there. The Giants line simply played better than our OLine today with home-field advantage. Home-field matters in a big way in the NFC East. 0-2 in divisional away games leads you to a single conclusion. WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!

There were no turnovers in this game. Giants got lucky with two tipped balls. That could have changed things. They also tackled pretty well and broke up alot of our slowly developing plays.

The Giants defense did play well coming off a full week of rest. I'm also trying to remember the last time we beat the Giants at the Meadowlands.

If the D can't get the Giants O off of the field on 3rd down (especially when we have so many good opportunities) our offense can't get rolling. We can't gain momentum and Clinton can't get in a rhythm. The O-line can't gel, and Mark can't get protection and can't get in sync with the recievers. Don't get me wrong though, the whole team sucked today. I just think it starts with the defense. And to be honest, the only time I saw them play well this year was the pre season game vs Cincy.

The Gints defense did a great job clogging the middle and taking Portis out ... Pierce was especially effective and seemed to know the running plays in advance. The Skins needed to go to a quicker passing game ... virtually every offensive play was run as the play clock ticked down. Brunell is too slow in body and mind and cannot be depended on to take obver a game with his arm when the original game plan evaporates.

The Gints defense did a great job clogging the middle and taking Portis out ... Pierce was especially effective and seemed to know the running plays in advance. The Skins needed to go to a quicker passing game ... virtually every offensive play was run as the play clock ticked down. Brunell is too slow in body and mind and cannot be depended on to take obver a game with his arm when the original game plan evaporates.

This isn't directed only at you, but please guys, watch the football games and don't fall victim to the en vogue comments about Brunell.

He actually played well. There are very few QBs who would have done better than Brunell, given what was there for him. That's a fact.

As for the play clock running down, why was that not an issue before? It looks like, from Brunell's frustration, Saunders was not getting the plays in fast enough and there were miscommunications on the OLine.

We did not lose because of the Defense. We did not lose because John Hall missed a field goal. We did not lose because Andre Carter generally sucks as a pass rusher. We did not lose because Archuletta can't cover receivers. We did not lose because of Warrick Holdman (who was leading the team in tackles going into the game by the way). We did not lose despite how poorly the defense tackled.

WE HELD THE #2 OFFENSE IN THE NFL TO 19 POINTS!!

So why are so many dumping on the defense and Hall?!!

It's the offense Stupid!

We lost because (pick as many as you care):

1. The offensive line could not open a hole for an ant to run thru.

2. The offensive line could not protect Brunell most of the day.

3. Brunell was average at best throwing against a pathetic secondary.

4. The receivers could not get open against a pathetic secondary.

5. Al Saunders was clueless in his game planning against a pathetic defense.

For heaven's sake, we held the #2 offense in the NFL to 19 points. The defense did damn good.

It's the offense Stupid!

I agree 100%, this is on the offense as a whole.

-not all Brunell, not all on the o-line, not all on the wr's and te's.

-everyone on the offense could've done better, including Portis who dropped that 1st down on our fg drive.

19 pts. on the road to the second ranked offense in the league is nothing to complain about!

I wouldn't say the defense did "damn good," but agree with S&S that the offense totally sucked today. You're not going to win games scoring three points, and you're not going to have a prayer when your coach doesn't have the guts to go for it on 4th and 1 at the opponents 25 to try and give your team some confidence.

I place this one squarely on GW and his defense. The reason our offense never got going is because they were NEVER ON THE FRIGGIN' FIELD. Gotta hand it to the Giants. How many 6+ minute drives did they have? And when is GW going to friggin' blitz? Yeah, yeah, our secondary is thin, but when you give the QB 8 seconds to sit back there, they're going to pick you apart. As weak as our secondary is, I think they'd fare better if we had some semblance of a rush. Getting to the QB in two seconds would help our secondary DRASTICALLY.

If we had the defense of last year with this year's offense, we'd simply be unstoppable. We just need some ****ing CONSISTENCY!

If our defense would get the other teams offense off the field during 3rd downs or generate some turnovers then maybe our offense could put a few more scoring drives together,but until then we will suffer.It's not Brunell,the oline or any other offensive players fault,some blame goes to the offense but the majority i'd say goes to the defenses lack of play.Other teams defense gets to rest for a considerable amount of time, then when they hit the field they are refreshed.We need to really address our front four becuase we are generating zero pass rush,and our secondary is very very suspect......Anywho we will get revenge on the Giants when the come down here to play,and hopefully our Defense will make some improvments for the better in the coming weeks...i'm out..peace..

''Go Skins!!!

There is plenty of blame to go around. Focusing on one side of the football isn't a wise move. Every aspect of football played today by the Skins looked poor. They were just flat and the coaches didn't coach aggressively enough to get them out of their funk.

points points points! I am sorry but that is all that matters in my opinion. The offense scored 3! The defense gave up big plays, but not big points. The offense was dreadful...they sustained nothing and gave OUR defense absolutely no rest in the second half. They didn't attack a giant secondary that has been bad this year. Back to those 3 yard dump offs. I am sorry, when you are in long yardage situations and you run or do a 2 yard pass you are pathetic.

Someone else said this somewhere, but what is so painful is thatwe have seen the potential of this team and then they come out like this...

Archived