Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Love from Jason Whitlock (Merged)

Fury010

He says forget about the records!

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/bears-are-good-but-truth-is-skins-are/20061005104209990001

The Redskins are everything I thought they’d be at the beginning of the season except sound on defense. No way Washington’s defense is as leaky as it appears. Springs’ absence at corner is causing much of the problem. When he returns, the Redskins will have one of the league’s five best defenses.

Al Saunder’s offense put 36 points on the Jaguars. After a slow start, Saunders has Mark Brunell, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss and Co. moving up and down the field.

I like Washington a teeny bit more than Chicago.

He says forget about the records!

http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/bears-are-good-but-truth-is-skins-are/20061005104209990001

The Redskins are everything I thought they’d be at the beginning of the season except sound on defense. No way Washington’s defense is as leaky as it appears. Springs’ absence at corner is causing much of the problem. When he returns, the Redskins will have one of the league’s five best defenses.

Al Saunder’s offense put 36 points on the Jaguars. After a slow start, Saunders has Mark Brunell, Clinton Portis, Santana Moss and Co. moving up and down the field.

Good to get some love!! Very interesting placing us ahead of they Bears, they are playing very very well. We shall see.

HTTR!!

I have never read Whitlock's columns, but I like reading his column. After reading it, the guy has some good points and not just about the Skins. The article was good.

I too think some of the undefeated teams are not as good as they seem to be. Chicago is probably the best team right now, but we are a quarter through the season and anything can happen.

When we go 3-2, I think you could make an argument that we are in the top 5 in this league.

I'm not trying to be bias, but I think if our defense was performing like it was in 04, or even 05, we would be the obvious best team in the league.

I agree, I was just thinking that today. But I'm still waiting a little bit until we start putting up big yardage consistently (almost every game), to be ABSOLUTELY certain that our offense is for real.

Didn't Whitlock slam Saunders when he left KC?

Yeah, but he also recognizes that Saunders is a GREAT offensive coordinator. He just didn't like his work behind the scenes and blaming Carl Peterson for "lying to him." His pick for the SB before the season was Ravens vs. Skins. Very bold at the time and it still is. To be used in the same sentence as the Bears, our passing D definitely has to come around. We'll find out this week whether it's improving.

Sucks he got fired from ESPN, he was one of the few voices of reason on that network.

Probably got fired for showing the Skins some love. seems like a no-no on that network.

But that article is definitely some major love. Especially considering it is being said during the season and not the off season

I guess everyone is suffering from the philly syndrome with regard to the bears! Ok green bay and detroit wow not suprising they won those. Then we get to bears @minn. Let me say i watched the whole game, my brother in law is a big fan, and grossman threw atleast 5 interceptions that minny dropped. That game should not have been close. Cant explain the seattle win but seattle 6 detroit 3 .

Im not saying the bears are a bad team cause that D is very good but c'mon that O can be shut down. Mark my words, Buffalo is going to bring them back to earth.

sorry if this has already been posted guys but this is my first post.

Don’t give up on the 1-2 New York Giants, even if they fall to 1-3 this weekend.

They have the necessary talent to recover. Their slow start is a product of a difficult schedule – Indy, Philly and Seattle. I think the Giants will lose this weekend to the Redskins, the best team in the league once Shawn Springs returns to the lineup.

You see, I started this topic talking about the Giants, but I really want to talk about the Redskins. I just don’t want to be held accountable for what I’m about to say about the Redskins if it doesn’t come true. So, for the record, the only things that can be thrown in my face at a later date are the things I say in the first sentence.

Got it? Good.

Archived