Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Skins-Giants Fact Or Fiction? (Merged)

SKINZ33

If this has been posted please close. The question was will the giants get a win this weekend against us? I saw this and felt refreshed that the media is starting to see the potent nature of our offense.

Click link for full article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=factfiction2006/week5

Mark Schlereth

schlereth_mark_m.jpgFiction:The Giants are about ready to implode. They haven't gotten pressure on opposing quarterbacks, as reflected by a mere two sacks so far. The defense simply isn't firing on all cylinders; it is ranked 27th in total defense. This week the Giants face a Redskins offense that has embraced Al Saunders' offensive scheme and is starting to understand the complexities of it. The Skins are starting to let loose, and that doesn't bode well for the Giants.

Merrill Hoge

hoge_merrill_m.jpgFiction: The Redskins are playing way too well for the Giants to win this game. The Giants' defense isn't equipped to handle the balance and explosiveness of the Redskins, and I doubt that will change overnight. Washington has done a great job getting running back Clinton Portis into the secondary and putting QB Mark Brunell in position to succeed. The Giants simply aren't ready for this type of challenge, and it's going to hurt them badly.

tell mark scherlth to suck it or he will get the same treatment he got from the redskins in early 90s if he doesn't can it... hey mark, do u want gibbs to go sean salisbury on u?

Wait a minute... wasnt schlereth pretty much backing the redskins? You may have read wrong.

Fact or Fiction...

The Giants will bounce back with a win over the Redskins.

Merrill Hoge

Fiction: The Redskins are playing way too well for the Giants to win this game. The Giants' defense isn't equipped to handle the balance and explosiveness of the Redskins, and I doubt that will change overnight. Washington has done a great job getting running back Clinton Portis into the secondary and putting QB Mark Brunell in position to succeed. The Giants simply aren't ready for this type of challenge, and it's going to hurt them badly.

Mark Schlereth

Fiction: The Giants are about ready to implode. They haven't gotten pressure on opposing quarterbacks, as reflected by a mere two sacks so far. The defense simply isn't firing on all cylinders; it is ranked 27th in total defense. This week the Giants face a Redskins offense that has embraced Al Saunders' offensive scheme and is starting to understand the complexities of it. The Skins are starting to let loose, and that doesn't bode well for the Giants.

Lets hope this analysis happens! I always liked those 2 espn analysts because from my knowledge they did own up when they were wrong. I hope the Skins don't even make it close and blow them out just like Carolina did to them in the playoffs!

Scott

:gaintsuck

Archived