Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins-Titans game in Week 6 on CBS will NOT be in HD

RamManZ

I find it hilarious because of all the "Most watched Network" bs that you have to sit thru when watching a game. You mean to tell me that they aren't bringing in any extra dough to buy more HD equipment. It's a damn shame JB is stuck on that net now.

My big screen blew in August and I had to spend my new TV money on the dirt bike I'd promised my son. I'm watching (no lie) on the 13 inch B&W I've owned for 32 years. HD? I'm not even watching in color!

Damn dude, I was there with ya at one point last year.

I was amazed at the HD from the NFL Replay last night of the Jags game. I swear I saw my reflection in the Redskins helmets. :)

CBS sucks with HD from what I have seen. Survivor isn't even in widescreen. I just don't get it. Fox has most of their shows in HD. I don't watch much TV but the few shows that I do all of them are in HD on Fox.

Couldn't said it better. From the camera work, to the commentation, And even with James Brown FOX is 100 times better. I barley remeber it, but didn't NFC games broadcast on CBS and AFC games on NBC??
It's funny. I was a notorious CBS pre-game show hater my whole life. Now JB is on CBS and that fayg Jim Nantz is gone. Big upgrade. Fox has that mook Joe Buck, the always intolerable lip-licking Jimmy Johnson, and broadcasting from a remote location has really gone downhill. I never thought I'd like CBS's pregame show better, but I do.

Too lazy to read this whole post, but they'll still probably broadcast it in upconverted SD. The Panthers game 2 weeks ago wasn't broadcast in HD on fox, and 3 of my friends with HDTV's didn't even notice.

Oh, and Fox's camera work has been terrible all year. I can't even count on one hand how many times they've let a pass go without switching off the QB camera, and said nothing about it. Plus CBS broadcasts look better on my 1080i TV than fox or ESPN.

Too lazy to read this whole post, but they'll still probably broadcast it in upconverted SD. The Panthers game 2 weeks ago wasn't broadcast in HD on fox, and 3 of my friends with HDTV's didn't even notice.

Then they don't have something hooked up right or have EDTV televisions or need glasses. There is a huge difference to my eyes.

I was amazed at the HD from the NFL Replay last night of the Jags game. I swear I saw my reflection in the Redskins helmets. :)

CBS sucks with HD from what I have seen. Survivor isn't even in widescreen. I just don't get it. Fox has most of their shows in HD. I don't watch much TV but the few shows that I do all of them are in HD on Fox.

Damn, I forgot to watch the replay. Do they show extra stuff in the replays (sideline mics, analyzing plays etc).

The SD broadcast on CBS is TERRIBLE. It seems like most of their shows are in HD, I don't understand why the most popular football team won't be in HD.

I have DIRECTV standard equiepment w/ DirecTV TiVO. I'm thinking about upgrading to HD but wondering if its really worth it. I noticed that DirecTV has an HD basic package but didn't notice if that package included all channels or just certain ones. It's like an extra $9.99.

What do you think?

BTW...:gaintsuck

If you ever watched a game in HD, you would never want to go back to analog.

I know, I was just messing with you guys. I don't have HD, but I have seen it in the stores. It is better, but I don't think it's Super Smart better. Can't afford the HD TV's right now. But eventually we'll all have to switch to them.

I have DIRECTV standard equiepment w/ DirecTV TiVO. I'm thinking about upgrading to HD but wondering if its really worth it. I noticed that DirecTV has an HD basic package but didn't notice if that package included all channels or just certain ones. It's like an extra $9.99.

What do you think?

I have a crappy HDTV. It is a 27" CRT (looks amazing though) and I pay an extra $14.99 for HD (with the DVR) and it is very much worth it and I am stuck with the Browns games.

In other words if you have a decent HDTV it is worth the $9.99!

What do you think?

It includes all of the HD channels available (i think it's 14 or so). If you want to see your local stations in HD you'll need an Off-air antenna. So far, the only complaint I'd have with it would be that sometimes I don't get to see my local PBS stations in HD. Other than that, I think it's a good move to make.

Archived