Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Th NFL hates us

ManleyMann7271

I think the NFL hates the majority of their fans and here are some reasons why.

-ticket and refreshment pricing for the games have gotten so far out of hand that most middle class families cannot afford a game without saving up for awhile

-moving Monday night football to ESPN, what's up with that? I hope everyone can either afford cable or to go sit in a sports bar for 3 hours every monday night.

-airing games on the NFL network. I hope everyone can afford digital cable. Maybe they thought Comcast needed more revenue. Remeber next time you see your cable bill that Comcast tried to buy Disney, I don't think they need anymore money.

-signing an exclusive deal with EA sports for video game rights. This one gets me the most. The NFL, which prides itself on competition, killed all the competition in the video game world. Not everyone likes Madden football, now who has a choice? Before the contract was signed Sega released 2K5 which started at $19.99 compared to Madden which started at $49.99. Now that is great for the fans but intead of being competitive, EA just threw a bunch of money at the NFL so they could keep gouging the consumer, the NFL fans who buy the games. In this case the NFL had the power to keep things fair for the consumers, but they hate us so they let EA dig into our pockets even more.

-Do you know why the NFL loves free agency and salary caps? So you have to buy a new jersey every season. But that's alright, you can get a cheap one for $76.

So there are a few reasons why I think that the NFL hates us. I would love to know if you guys agree or not and why.

• 1 year later...

You forgot to add

- Preventing church groups from showing the Superbowl to please the TV ratings agencies

- Taking away regular season home games from teams and playing them in countries where they think football is played with a spherical ball and you can't use your hands

- Exclusive Sunday Tickets deal with DirecTV

- No more free radio broadcasts of games

How about...

- Not releasing cool DVD sets, which could include coaches tapes synched up with the radio broadcast teams, as well as some TV broadcasts. A pirated version of Super Bowl 42 that has better quality than the DVD that the NFL is releasing.

- Constantly making us feel like the latest season was the best ever NFL season, ever, ever. By never showing classic NFL games on TV or in a wide manner, so people forget how good some of the legends are (like Art Monk) and how high the quality of play was 10, 20, or even 30 years ago (okay well the offensive lineman and front 7 are freaks but I think most of the skill players (RBs/DBs/WRs/CBs/QBs) haven't changed too much. Charlie Taylor played like a modern day Steve Smith... no joke!

- Stupid rules for celebration and taunting.

- They think we don't notice that offensive holding has disappeared from the rule book.

- Not doing everything to improve their product (ie. we're forced to listen to dumb announcers rather than just a stadium only audio feed), why did it take so long to implement HD replay, and why have they still not added more camera angles to the end zone so even if there is a review it will be most likely inconclusive (like the famous Ben Watson hit on Champ Bailey 2 years ago).

- Media coverage is lazy. Everyone covers the best teams. No one looks into the past. A lot of the hard work that goes into becoming a NFL player or even star is ignored and over-looked, this is one of the hardest team sports to play but we rarely get that appreciation from highlight packages or the coverage.

How about

- tearing down fan-made videos and tributes to their sport on Youtube. I once saw a Cromartie highlight video there and the owner of the video was complaining about how the NFL had been demanding those videos be taken down. Only the NFL's official website may post videos of games regardless of their inferior quality to the work of professionals on Youtube!

- NFL Field Pass forcing audio torture upon subscribers by editing out commercials local to the market and replacing them with plugs for their own crap. During commercial breaks this year , NFL Field Pass has begun inserting repetitive advertisements for NFL.com shop , NFL youth football , United way...this has completely ruined the product for radio enthusiasts and I will not resubscribe to their product next year because of this.

In a year the bunny ears won't work and you'll have to get cable or a digital converter :(

One of my TVs has the digital converter built in already. And the government will be providing checks to people who apply for them that are good for about one free digital converter, so my other TV should be taken care of as well.

Archived