Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skinned Again

Commander PK

:laugh: Poor Kubiak can't catch a break

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9685005

SKINNED AGAIN

If Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak never saw Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell again, it would be reason to celebrate.

Brunell played the best postseason game of his career against Kubiak's former Broncos team in January 1997, leading Jacksonville to one of the biggest upsets in playoff history.

Then this weekend, Brunell completed an NFL-record 22 consecutive passes against Kubiak's Texans team.

And if that weren't enough to make Kubiak sick, then there was one other factoid that certainly did. The mark that Brunell broke previously belonged to former Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon, who completed a then-record 21 passes in a row on a Monday night in November 2002 -- against Kubiak's Broncos.

I just thought kubiak was stupid during that game. He didnt change his defense at all, he didnt force brunell to make any passes he wasnt comfortable with. All the Texans really had to do was just put 8 in th box and cover the flats on either side and they woulda taken away every single one of burnell's 24 completions. If that happened i would have like to see where Brunell threw then.

I just thought kubiak was stupid during that game. He didnt change his defense at all, he didnt force brunell to make any passes he wasnt comfortable with. All the Texans really had to do was just put 8 in th box and cover the flats on either side and they woulda taken away every single one of burnell's 24 completions. If that happened i would have like to see where Brunell threw then.

....closet texans fan

I think that Richard Smith, the Defensive Coordinator, deserves more scorn for this than Kubiak does.

Oh snap, does this make me a Texan fan since I posted a reply? :laugh:

:doh: :rolleyes: Man what the hell are you talking about... The way the OL was playing MB would have beaten them deep or in the middle, you dont think these guys dont know more than you and I?? Wake up bro..

I just thought kubiak was stupid during that game. He didnt change his defense at all, he didnt force brunell to make any passes he wasnt comfortable with. All the Texans really had to do was just put 8 in th box and cover the flats on either side and they woulda taken away every single one of burnell's 24 completions. If that happened i would have like to see where Brunell threw then.[/QUOT

Hmmm... 8 in the box plus 4 covering our 4 wideouts...oh wait thats 12. We spread the field and did a damn good job of it. We can do that against any team. Look at moss on those screens last year. El now has shown he can do it. So the question becomes if they crowd the line will they be able to cover the deep ball? NO and NO again.

I think some people need to understand that not every td has to be a 50yd bomb.

I just thought kubiak was stupid during that game. He didnt change his defense at all, he didnt force brunell to make any passes he wasnt comfortable with. All the Texans really had to do was just put 8 in th box and cover the flats on either side and they woulda taken away every single one of burnell's 24 completions. If that happened i would have like to see where Brunell threw then.[/QUOT

Hmmm... 8 in the box plus 4 covering our 4 wideouts...oh wait thats 12. We spread the field and did a damn good job of it. We can do that against any team. Look at moss on those screens last year. El now has shown he can do it. So the question becomes if they crowd the line will they be able to cover the deep ball? NO and NO again.

I think some people need to understand that not every td has to be a 50yd bomb.

It seems that many on this board do not understand the game of football at all sometimes.:doh:

Archived