NBC's Heroes

Walking Deadman

Good new shows this fall:

Heroes...could be good

Studio 60....could be great

Jericho....could be good

Kidnapped...seems kick arse

Smith....like the movie Heat...could be kick arse

honestly its the first time in a while that several new shows are promising...House and LOST were a great 2fer...Prison Break was key last year....always watch 24(no matter how gay and unbelievable it gets),Amazing Race, Survivor...and not locked onto Project Runway(good drama), Top Chef, Hells Kitchen, Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares(waayyyy better than Hells K).....FYI Sitcoms and their formula have been dead to me(minus Family Guy,Simpsons) since season one of Scrubs(got major lame and overscripted with its Wonder Years narration and Parker Lewis camera techniques).....LOST is still my fav with its awesome characters and movie like flashbacks and story lines but with the depth of a novel...the breaks between shows last season sure blew though. My $.02

Good new shows this fall:

Heroes...could be good

Studio 60....could be great

Jericho....could be good

Kidnapped...seems kick arse

Smith....like the movie Heat...could be kick arse

You could also put "The Nine" on that list. TV Guide rated it the best new drama. Which is saying a lot with Heroes looking so promising. Although, I question ABC scheduling it right behind Lost. I think viewers can handle only one Lost type show a night.

Holy Crap that was excellent. I was hyped about this starting from the first advertisement I saw on t.v. a couple months ago.

I liked most of the characters. The Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde lady is a bit lame to me, but it seems to be a good show. Someone at NBC had the right idea. Bringing superheroes to the tube from their success on the big screen. Sounds like a good way to cash in to me.

I really enjoyed the show too. It took me a while to understand the stripper's power, but once those guys were making her dance I knew something bad was going to happen.

BTW- NBC with three SOLID new shows this year:

1) Studio 60

2) Heroes

3) Friday Night Lights (obviously it hasn't aired yet, but supposedly the pilot got the highest screening test score in the history of pilots, and since I loved the movie, I'm sure the show will be great.)

EDIT- For any that are interested, Jericho on CBS was really good too, even containing a Major Dad appearance.

I liked this a LOT, more than I thought I would. I thought it was a bit too derivative of LOST in places, but if you're going to steal, take from the best.

Let's just hope this doesn't become another one of those shows that devolves into a hopelessly complex uber-plot that can never be satisfactorily resolved, at least not before it's cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, last weeks was pretty cool with Hiro being in the future.

Hey, did you here that Peter's power may not be flight like his brother Nathan? He actually may be able to mimic other's powers.

that sounds pretty cool. i was thinking that he might have some kind of psychic power, remember how he knew something happened to his brother? or maybe they share powers and are gonna be a duo who work better together than seperate.

that sounds pretty cool. i was thinking that he might have some kind of psychic power, remember how he knew something happened to his brother? or maybe they share powers and are gonna be a duo who work better together than seperate.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate :laugh: :laugh:

(it's an old SuperFriends joke)

Archived