Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis will save the Season

sugewhite94

My friends, it is upon us the 3rd game of the season. In this game, Clinton will be making his first start of the season. He will lead this team to victory! I PROMISE U! ..... and he will lead this team to the post season. So ALL u fair weather fans that have already jumped off the bandwagon....come DECEMBER .....No VACANCY! :dallasuck

Brunell can't do anything without a running game and who the hell in the league honestly fears ladell. I stil think brunell is not good at all but with portis hopefully he will mask how bad brunell realy is by giving the passing game some life as well

Another big thing with portis is that those 3 yard gains by betts turn into 6 yard gains by portis with his quickness and toughness in the running game leaving brunell with more 3rd and short situations which we all kno will help seince he obviously favors the checkdown throws

I hope we see what the coaches keep telling us we'll see with CP in there. That being said, even if we do, let's hope his shoulder holds up to a season's worth of pounding. I get the uneasy feeling that this will be a season-long drama. If it is, they better find a way to live without him off and on.

It's been said many times before, Pass blocking is far harder the run blocking. It's also been said that our O line has been built to run block. It all begins up front. The return of Portis is big, but it's a team sport. Teams already know how to go after us, stack the box, and defend the underneath passes. Portis, and the entire team have their work cut out for them.

CP will help the passing game but there will be NO EXCUSES after this game, Springs or no Springs. The Texans have a couple of good receivers so they will create match up problems with our porous secondary but I expect us to chalk up the win - and I don't care if it looks good as long as we win baby!

Portis can carry this team on his back.... as long as his shoulder holds up.

I feel bad for him though - this was supposed to be the year he finally got some balance on offense to keep Defenses honest.

Hopefully B 2 Moss and B 2 Lloyd and B 2 cooley will make the Texans pay this week when they undoubtably stack the box hard against Portis.

Portis is definately on a short list of NFL players - at any position - who can carry a team on his shoulders. We are damn lucky to have a guy like him representing DC on the gridiron.

Guest sith lord
Sometimes, even after all my experience, I still stand in awe.

I'm sorry, but if you look at the last 9 or 10 games, Brunell has not played all that good and Portis was in a lot of those games. I hope to god that I'm proven wrong, but I think Brunell is finished.

Archived