Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar Trashes Gibbs

Hooper

Classy guy that Lavar. Too bad Judge didn't ask how he feels to lose your job to Warrick Holdman, who has actually looked pretty good this year.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9673569

Q. Other than Tom Coughlin which coach would you like to play for?

Arrington: Marty Schottenheimer.

Q. Which coach wouldn't you like to play for?

Arrington: Joe Gibbs.

Marty Schottenheimer wouldn't have him.

By the way, how has Lavar done in the past two games....oh here it is....?

Total Tackles Assists Sacks Fum Rec

Antonio Pierce 19 15.0 4 0 0

Carlos Emmons 19 15.0 4 0 0

Gibril Wilson 14 13.0 1 0 0

Sam Madison 13 11.0 2 0 0

Michael Strahan 9 7.0 2 0 0

Will Demps 9 7.0 2 0 1

Fred Robbins 8 6.0 2 1 0

LaVar Arrington 6 5.0 1 0 0

Dan

so what? just because everyone doesn't love our beloved father, son, holy gibbs...president and founder of the republic of redskins nation....I think everyone will sleep tonight?

I KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE! JUST BECAUSE THIS MAN HAS THE LAST NAME GIBBS DOESN'T MEAN HE'S PERFECT...NOR DOES IT MEAN EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!! HE'S HUMAN!....AND I DON'T THINK THAT WAS A "THRASHING".....

Impact on the whole game?

Keep friggin dreaming. What makes that declaration of his aspirations so bad is that he has had this whole time to strive to do just that, but all he has done is b*tched and moaned and tried to do things his own way.

Classy guy that Lavar. Too bad Judge didn't ask how he feels to lose your job to Warrick Holdman, who has actually looked pretty good this year.

Did you check the review he got in footballoutsiders :D ? It's on display in ATN. Where I have to move this ;):)

so what? just because everyone doesn't love our beloved father, son, holy gibbs...president and founder of the republic of redskins nation....I think everyone will sleep tonight?

I KEEP TELLING YOU PEOPLE! JUST BECAUSE THIS MAN HAS THE LAST NAME GIBBS DOESN'T MEAN HE'S PERFECT...NOR DOES IT MEAN EVERYONE HAS TO LIKE HIM!!!!!!!!!! HE'S HUMAN!....AND I DON'T THINK THAT WAS A "THRASHING".....

You're not getting it.

Where were you throughout this whole Lavar Saga?

Sounds like somebody has a man crush on Lavar and a little disrespect towards Joe Gibbs. I could be wrong though.

who cares who likes gibbs? right now I don't like him...........and Lavar has done enough for this team and city. He's been through a slew of coaches and coordinators! just because he wasn't the "character" guy that says things in code doesn't make him any less of a person.

we complain that the current skins are talking BS to save Brunell....and that we want to hear the truth.....well Lavar spoke it.

I saw him in three plays on Sunday. First play I saw, he was caught over-pursuing on a cut back by Westbrook. Second play, he hurt his neck/shoulder making a tackle and had to be helped off the field. Third play, he was blocked fairly easily on a blitz by Westbrook, which led Aikman to say he hasn't seen the same level of intensity from Lavar in the last 3 years or so, and continued to say that his best year was with Marty and he hasn't been nearly as good since.

who cares who likes gibbs? right now I don't like him...........and Lavar has done enough for this team and city. He's been through a slew of coaches and coordinators! just because he wasn't the "character" guy that says things in code doesn't make him any less of a person.

we complain that the current skins are talking BS to save Brunell....and that we want to hear the truth.....well Lavar spoke it.

I guess I was right.

That isn't trashing. Lavar and Gibbs didn't get along and that hasn't exactly been a secret. In fact if he answered that question any other way, I'd have been shocked.

I remember a quote from Lavar's agent... when they compromised on the re-worked deal...

he wanted to make it clear that the only reason that the deal got done was because of the 'outstanding relationship that Arrington has with Coach Gibbs, who is truly a class act, etc. etc.'

I'm too lazy to find the quote, but trust me, it was said. :)

Honestly, I'm a little surprised how Lavar answered. I thought he liked Coach Gibbs... but didn't like Lindsay/Williams.

Oh well, nothing new. Just an arrogant blowhard trying to get attention. :yawnee:

Actually, the way he handled his contract situation, and the way he handled his injury problems reflected quite poorly on him as an individual. In neither situation did he "speak the truth". And this is coming from someone who was a big Lavar fan.

Once was more than enough. ~ihs

I remember a quote from Lavar's agent... when they compromised on the re-worked deal...

Your player is looking for a new team - you think calling out the previous coach helps or hurts that cause? Exactly. Lavar and Gibbs didn't like eachother at all and you could tell by either listening to Lavar or Gibbs.

Archived