Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you expect on the first offensive series of the year?

santarpia

I think on the first offensive possession, the Skins should go with an empty backfield, 4 WR'S (RANDEL-EL, MOSS, LLOYD, AND PATTEN) and Cooley. Second, go with the hurray up offensive. I do not think the Vikings have the personnel to match up with the WR'S and Cooley. What do you guys think some the new wrinkle on offense will be? What will happen on the first offensive series of the year?

1st down run 2nd down run

3rd down passs

4th down punt

I'll agree with this. It'll be a defensive struggle for both teams to start out the game, and I don't think the Redskins will be taking any crazy shots downfield to start the game off. Betts will get a couple carries, then maybe a short pass to Cooley or Lloyd, and if that doesn't get it, punt. Repeat a couple more times probably.

I really think we are going to have a very nice 10+ play drive that includes a 65% run ratio. I think that Betts will really be torching them with off tackle runs, keeping their big dline men pinned in the middle and exploiting the 5, 6 and 7 gaps. I think you should expect at least 2 quick slants, a medium seam to Cooley. I think we will look very efficient, crisp and down right spectacular.

The defense will show blitz, stay at home and intercept one of Childress' screen plays.

Mark "3rd down king" Brunell will keep a drive going with a scramble. I expect Betts to take most of the snaps, finding some room to run on the ouside. Moss will hit a nice screen play for a first. Patten will also make a nice grab out of the shotgun. The first series will end up resulting with 3 points.

I think the first play will be a pass...Saunders likes to mix it up on first down and not be predictable..maybe out of a set that indicates run, but will pass instead.

I tend to agree with Larry though..I think both teams will have little offensive success early and the Defenses will be full bore and stout...then later in the quarter..or second quarter...some longer drives will be sustained with some scores.

Archived