Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Drunk Misbehaving Fans

Chief skin

I hate how people feel things can't be crazy without the drunken stoop fan base. Do not get me wrong, I love cheering and ranting like crazy and believe me...I have the ability to get the crowd in it with me. Such as the fight song blaring through section 213 last night during the game. I was behind a young child last night and kept everything pg level and released only one thing that may have been considered a profane word and appologized firstly to the child then the father because I actually felt bad. It was the kids first experience and no child diserves fans that were in my section who had gotten freaky with her seat during halftime. Believe it or not we can show our B&G Pride without showing our childishness as well.

I was at the Seattle game and those fans were on my butt every play and drunk as can be and was called it all but they truely have a 12th man. It was loud as a rock concert and it made a difference. I say party and yell your butt off and give the other teams fan as much flack as possible without hitting them but let them hear it. I heard it all in Tampa Bay also , but that game had a different outcome. If you want our team to advance you must make the other teams fans know it is our house.If you ever been to a road game you know what I am talking about.Make Fed Ex crazy and go wild. if you want to go to church instead on Sundays and pray for a victory.

As fans we represent our team. When we wear the burgundy and gold we are technically part of the organization. Therefore, we need to carry ourselves in an appropriate manner. We should be loud and cheerful, but not obnoxious and threatning.

Lets not sink into the depths of the average Eagle fan. Plus, we are all skins fans, lets treat each other with respect, especially on this message board.

Ok, I'll stop preaching now.

Maybe he is right though DCsportsfan...

If we only banned cars and kitchen knives and baseball bats and golf clubs and aerosol cans and everything else people abuse everday our lives might be much bette..r.....

Wait! We'd be left with nothing :doh: !

And remember, people don't kill people, guns do ....:doh: :doh:

Yeah...and so do drunk drivers.

:logo: I love to tailgate and drink rum and party pre-game, and have a couple of smirnoffs during the game, but i'm in 418 and this is just my pet peave, but c'mon guys keep your shirts on. I get so tired of goofy 20 - 30 somthings just getting drunk and then feel the need to yank there shirts off while i'm trying to watch the game. I can't do anything about it, but its fun to just ***** on here sometimes.

:)

:logo: :point2sky

My wife and I were a little disappointed with our experience last night also in section 340. Most people were great and football oriented. But one obnoxious fan was yelling at the players to touch his **** repeatedly and talking about his erection or lack thereof many times.

There were a lot of kids and family in our section. Obviously for the families there, the Redskins are a family tradition. And it's something that we're happy to take our kids to so that they grow up like we did with memories of the team. I hope my son talks about Sean Taylor one day the way I talk about Dexter Manley and Marco Coleman and so on.

I have no problem with people being loud. I'm as loud as anyone. I have no problem with people having fun and getting drunk if they want to. And I personally dont' have a problem with people using the f-word or something in the heat of battle, when we throw a pick or something. We can explain that type of things to our kids.

But I have no idea why someone would want to make such X-rated explicit statements, drawing attention to himself and basically advertising to the whole section what a frustrated loser he is.

He apparently wasn't smart enough to realize no one else (not even his buddies) were laughing with him.

It's all about having enough respect for yourself to have respect for your fellow fans around you who bleed burgundy and gold but don't care a bit about your sexual frustrations. I just hope that guy isn't a season ticket holder.

I so agree with this thread. I used to share a pair of tickets with a guy who pretty much acted like this. He'd pop a beer on the way to the stadium (9 am) and never slowed down. I have no problem with the loudness - I am crazy-loud myself, but he was the same kind of way as your 340 fan - falling forward 3 or 4 rows, screaming to the refs to **** his "member" etc. It got old real fast. I ended up buying my own pair of tickets, and now I sell the second one to a different person each week. I'm loud, crazy, rabid, and yes, once in a while when a pick or something happens, a son-of-a ***** can roll out. But you're right, it's all about respect for yourself and fellow fans. Plus, I like remembering the game the next day:D

i know personally id rather fans error a little on the side of rowdy then on the side of sober and seated. Most games I have been to at Fed Ex i have been disappointed in our fans for either not cheering, or telling me to sit down during the game, or i get weird looks cause im yelling and cheering and maybe cursing a little. I dont think people should actually target and harass other fans in more then a joking way, but i hate when people just sit there, and expect everyone else to sit down the entire game cause they are too lazy to get up. Go sit at home if u wanna sit on ur butt and eat, or go to a baseball game. Redskins games are 16 times a year, once a week. The fans are die hard, and football is a crazy, rough, and testosterone filled game. Kids are gonna learn curse words, you want it to be from some snot nosed punk in 5th grade or at a football game?

I also hate the club level, if they wanna have it i think it should be the very top area of the stadium cause when it comes to homefield advantage and atmosphere they are utterly usless

Yeah, the people aren't responsible for their actions, the beer is :doh: . Man I hate that attitude. It's so stupid. Everyone has the ability to make good and bad decisions. Arrest and penalize the people who **** up, the people are the problem, not the beer.
PING!!! thank you.....i can get drunk and control behavior.....its the person.

first off as an ex alchy, yes i got past that step...... it is one thing to drink to enhance ones good time. it is another to overindulge and ruin everyone elses good time. unfortunately i have never been as fortunate as yall to have been to an NFL game much less a skins game. <hopefully i will change that in Nashville, or St. Louis>

but i for one think that as skins fans we have a responsibility to represent our team in the most respectable way possible. so if you are one of those obnoxious fans that cant control themseleves, then please dont wear your paraphenalia in public so as to let everyone know what kind of ****heads we have for fans. i for one would like other teams and franchises to look at our fans and say, wow they love there team and yet they are all really good sports!!

so i make an oath to all of you...... if i get my dream and get to go to one of the 2 aforementioned games..... i will represent us very well and hope maybe to meet some of you all at a tailgate or something!!!!

HTTR!!!

When I get really drunk at games I stop shouting actual words. I just yell "ARRRRRR" like a pirate as loud as I can. It's fun, and gets some interesting looks from the martini-sipping lower bowl fans, considering I do it the entire time the opposing offense is on the field.

I'm all for supporting your team but some people take it way too far. People who use profanity that openly simply lack the creativity to truly annoy the other team on a subconscious level, which I imagine is the goal of their tirades. The only people who don't tune that garbage out are the people who shouldn't be hearing it, so if this thread is addressed to you, stop being such a lightweight and clean it up around the kids.

I was in 447 actually, did not see any problems in 446, then again, had no reason to look that way. I know I was somewhat loud and heckled the Jets fan 4 rows in front of me, but it was all in fun, he reciprocated usually.

I'd say "Pennington rotater cuff, game 3 or game 4?" he laughed and said "game one hopefully, I wanna see Clemens".

I think there is nothing wrong with playful informed heckling, but classless heckling "suck my ****" is just plain dumb. Unfortunately, it also makes all the 20-30 something year old fans look bad cause chances are the majority of hecklers are in that range.

If i buy a ticket I can and will do anything I want so long as it doesn't break any laws.

Public intoxication IS illegal.

Yelling and screaming profanity IS illegal.

I remember when I had my 1st beer too. If you can't handle it - stay home.

It is ALWAYS the big, old white guys...

No it's not. :laugh: (coming from a big, old white guy)

You got to remember.

Pre season game crowds are different from regular season game crowds.

Most season ticket holders either sell their pre season tickets or just don't show up.

I only recognized a few "regulars" in my section Saturday evening, so don't think it is like this during the regular season.

Yes, we still have some fans that don't know how to behave in public when they are drinking, but for the most part, we have a good crowd during the regular season.

I was in section 105 and I saw a fight in the endzone..I wonder how these drunk people at games get home.

The strange thing about this fight was that it was a girl stepping up to a guy ... and they were screaming and yelling and stepping to each other.

Their whole row got thrown out of the game ....

Sucks for the innocent bystanders.

Archived