Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Breaking News*** UK Police Thwart Massive Terror Plot

TC4

My response "Yes, you need to get the wealth distributed."

Means:

I agreed that yes in theory, yes that there were people in power who won't let the wealth get distributed and I reiterated that the wealth NEEDED to be distributed.

How did you take it to mean:

I was responding to Sarge's question, "Why do we have to distribute wealth?"

I went ahead and made the assumption that Sarge was using "we" to mean US.

Now the explanation you provided above is what was lacking from the earlier post.

So we need to stop it from being learned, that's all. It's a whole lot simplier than it's being made to seem.

How do you stop the influence of religion? My believe is that you stop people from desiring to learn it. That's why I want a better life for the young people in these regions, so they learn to enjoy it now instead of throwing it away in hopes of something better when they die. So they learn that by working hard they can improve their quality of life here on earth.

It's not about the influence of religion. I don't want to stop religion because religion can give people proper guidlines for life and how to treat others if they choose to accept a faith. They don't have to if they don't want to. That's a personal choice, unless it's Islamisation.

I want to stop Islamization, the disease that has eaten away at country after country in the Middle East and Far East for the last 1200 years. These people are fine until Islamists get their hands on them. It's not Lutherans bombing airplanes. It's not Jainists knocking down towers or bombing night clubs. It's Islamists.

People don't desire to learn to become an Islamist. They have either it or a sword thrust upon them. Then they gather the weak-minded as their prey.

I was responding to Sarge's question, "Why do we have to distribute wealth?"

I went ahead and made the assumption that Sarge was using "we" to mean US.

Now the explanation you provided above is what was lacking from the earlier post.

Explain the Ontario comment.

I'll accept "it was an ignorant thing to say" :)

It's not about the influence of religion. I don't want to stop religion because religion can give people proper guidlines for life and how to treat others. I want to stop Islamization, the disease that has eaten away at country after country in the Middle East and Far East for the last 1200 years. These people are fine until Islamists get their hands on them. It's not Lutherans bombing airplanes. It's not Jainists knocking down towers or bombing night clubs. It's Islamists.

I share your views and raise them one more, get rid of religion completely. It will remove one more hurdle in the quest for truth. :cheers:

I share your views and raise them one more, get rid of religion completely. It will remove one more hurdle in the quest for truth. :cheers:

I can't and won't go that far. Choosing to accept a faith is a completely personal decision and it can have positive effects on people's lives. The world would be a much better and safer place without Islamists, though.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207869,00.html

And I qote: "Who's responsible for that terror plot to blow up planes over the Atlantic? Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says the plot "demonstrates the need for the Bush administration... to change course in Iraq."

Reid says: "The Iraq war has diverted our focus and more than $300 billion in resources from the war on terrorism and has created a rallying cry for international terrorists."

Meanwhile, some Democratic bloggers are blaming Tony Blair's alliance with President Bush for fostering terror in the U.K. And one blogger called the elevated alert level in the U.S. a Republican ploy to divert attention from Joe Lieberman's loss in Connecticut."

I know the second paragraph is not a reflection of the Dem party but rather liberal bloggers, but Harry Reid should pull his head out of his fourth point of contact....

Getting rid of religion is not feasable, however controling the extremist is.

The Jews ,Christians ect. have loony extremists too BUT they are marginalized and controled by both the religions and host countries.

In the muslim world this is not happening in enough areas.

You can fault religion,but it's people and goverments that have to act to stop this disease.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207869,00.html

And I qote: "Who's responsible for that terror plot to blow up planes over the Atlantic? Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid says the plot "demonstrates the need for the Bush administration... to change course in Iraq."

Reid says: "The Iraq war has diverted our focus and more than $300 billion in resources from the war on terrorism and has created a rallying cry for international terrorists."

Meanwhile, some Democratic bloggers are blaming Tony Blair's alliance with President Bush for fostering terror in the U.K. And one blogger called the elevated alert level in the U.S. a Republican ploy to divert attention from Joe Lieberman's loss in Connecticut."

I know the second paragraph is not a reflection of the Dem party but rather liberal bloggers, but Harry Reid should pull his head out of his fourth point of contact....

Ahhh, CAIR, and now the usual suspects in the Democratic party.

And they thought they were going to win the house this fall :laugh:

This is what I was talking about in other threads. They can't keep the loons in their party off TV

That's what a liberal would say.

The pissing match begins when we try to figure out how kill the terrorists and maintain human rights for everyone else.

It's a tough task that I wish God would help us with.

Just wondering which God you are refering to? I was unaware there was an atheist or agnostic God.

That would be racism alright. I won't replace those words because I'm not racist.

Last I checked it was illegal to discriminate against religion in this country too. So to advocate wiping out all religion is akin to advocating wiping out a race of people....

Why don't you take out religion and insert a race here? Oh wait, that would be intolerant racism...

No, your allusion would only apply if he were singling out one religion. He's saying religion as an entire category including all its units. To make it correct, you'd have him insert "race" (all units within a category) or maybe "humans"...hmmmm :D .

Last I checked it was illegal to discriminate against religion in this country too. So to advocate wiping out all religion is akin to advocating wiping out a race of people....

Agree but I'm not advocating wiping out all religious people. I'm not even recommending that we discriminate against it.

I'd get rid of it because I'm not religious and any time religion enters a conversation an eliment of something phony exists.

But in fairness to me, my comment was to ntotoro's assertion that we eliminate Islamization. Since recruiting new people to a religion is part of *most* religions, I say get rid of them all.

No, your allusion would only apply if he were singling out one religion. He's saying religion as an entire category including all its units. To make it correct, you'd have him insert "race" (all units within a category) or maybe "humans"...hmmmm :D .

Thats it right there.

Race exists, religion doesn't.

I'm Irish, there's a country called Ireland and that is where I was born.

There isn't a country called Catholand where all the Catholics come from.

Religion is an idea and like any idea, it exist only in the minds of those who think it.

Agree but I'm not advocating wiping out all religious people. I'm not even recommending that we discriminate against it.

I'd get rid of it because I'm not religious and any time religion enters a conversation an eliment of something phony exists.

But in fairness to me, my comment was to ntotoro's assertion that we eliminate Islamization. Since recruiting new people to a religion is part of *most* religions, I say get rid of them all.

Fair enough. Sometimes I ge the feeling on this board that there is a misunderstanding that Freedom of Religion = Freedom from Religion.

Religion is an idea and like any idea, it exist only in the minds of those who think it.

Now I must gisagree. Just because you do not accept Catholicism does not mean it does not exist. You can not debate that there are more Christians in the world than there are any other religion.

I have a question. Are you an atheist?

Fair enough. Sometimes I ge the feeling on this board that there is a misunderstanding that Freedom of Religion = Freedom from Religion.

That's very true. I think there is a place for religion for some people, I'm just not one of them and I'd argue that anyone who is willing to us religion as an excuse to kill people would be better off if they didn't have it. :)

Now I must gisagree. Just because you do not accept Catholicism does not mean it does not exist. You can not debate that there are more Christians in the world than there are any other religion.

Stay on topic popeman. And everybody. Please :D

Yes, I am atheist.

It's fine if you disagree, but where is religion? In the hearts and minds of its believers.

There are books about Catholicism, but without people they are just books. There are place WHERE catholics go to pray and be close to God, but these are just buildings that have symbolic meaning because people give them meaning.

Sort of like us having a mind. We all have one but no one can show us exactly where it is on a CAT scan. The concept of a mind was created to help explain a common experience between human beings, but it's an abstract idea.

Faith is very different from race because there are genetic characteristics that define the specific races. You would have been Muslim if your folks had taught you to be one or you make the decision to be one. I'm never going to be asia no matter what I think.

Archived