Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Breaking News*** UK Police Thwart Massive Terror Plot

TC4

It's okay to not share that view. I'm not sure I do either. But, think about it. If our military (or anyone else's) made statements that we will be indiscriminate in our bombings, and will attack anywhere that resistance exists. Including daycare centers, civilian targets, etc. Would the terrorists continue to use the tactics? Would "innocents" eventually say enough is enough, and not allow themselves or their families to be used as media fodder when they realize that the army attacking them doesn't care?

As all things related with war, it's a sacrifice of your morals to uphold your morals. Innocent people would certainly die in the beginning, but once people caught on, perhaps they would realize that being a civilian in war does not guarantee your safety, and they would actually LEAVE the area being attacked, rather than waiting for a missile to hit their apartment complex. Again, I personally could never issue an order to attack all targets, regardless of what they are. But I'm sure that some people see how that strategy in SOME ways could save lives, and prevent terrorists from using this tactic in the future.

I see what you are getting at. But it is their home, why should they have to leave because of someone elses actions? Because they'll die otherwise? Fair enough, but WE killed them if they don't leave. Even if they leave, their home is destroyed.

Lowering the quality of life isn't going to convince anyone of the rightness of our actions.

I think your dreaming with your last statement there. You only need to look at Egypt, who recieves 2.1 BILLION a year from us, and it's still a ****hole

People do things for God all the time. It's only islam that seems to think that God wants them to kill infidels so they can get their virgins

I think your dreaming with your first statement there. You only need to look at

Isreal, who recieves 5 billion a year and they are nice ;).

In practice distributing the wealth will improve everyone's quality of life and immediate gratification will negate the power of religion.

In practice distributing the wealth will improve everyone's quality of life and immediate gratification will negate the power of religion.

You don't think we have distributed enough wealth to the Arab peninsula, Saudi Arabia, in particular? Where do you think Wahhabism originates?

That's correct, Saudi Arabia.

These people don't care about distribution of wealth or any other Communist idea. They care about making us into them and killing us if we choose otherwise. Why is that so hard to accept? The best thing they can do for the entire world is just die.

Umm do you mean in theory?!? In practice US foreign aid is hoarded by corrupt governments. If the governments misappropriate money that is given to them, what makes you think they would be more responsible with their country's money?

You don't think we have distributed enough wealth to the Arab peninsula, Saudi Arabia, in particular? Where do you think Wahhabism originates?

These people don't care about distribution of wealth or any other Communist idea. They care about making us into them and killing us if we choose otherwise. Why is that so hard to accept? The best thing they can do for the entire world is just die.

I'm not in favor of "buying" their willingness to not try and kill us either. But I think something has to be done to win the people that are on the fence. Or are turning the other way, instead of turning them in. The Wahhabi's deserve nothing more than a 7.62 or .50 cal from long range, or a 5.56 from in close.

So when people have money and the freedom to choose how to spend it, they're going to deside to have a bad time instead? Is that's how it works.

I disagree.

That's simply insane. Communism failed. It will never work, and the feel-good people who continue to propogate a failed idea are fooling themselves and causing more harm than good.

Money can't buy off religion, sorry.

So when people have money and the freedom to choose how to spend it, they're going to deside to have a bad time instead? Is that's how it works.

I disagree.

No, if you give them more money, you make it easier to kill us. Their hatred runs deep, deeper than we can buy. Giving them more money would make their cause easier, something I'm not in favor of.

Why do we have to distribute wealth?

Why can't the oil ticks that have jet airplanes and fly to Switzerland every weekend to screw blonde women and drink booze distribute some of that wealth?

Why can't the oil ticks that have jet airplanes and fly to Switzerland every weekend to screw blonde women and drink booze distribute some of that wealth?

Because Sarge, everything is America's responsibility and fault. If we do something postive for a country or the world in general we get no credit. Only blame coming from Ontario.

I disagree.

That's not the point. The point is there are people in the world who want us dead. It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with idealism. Making sure everyone in Afganistan can afford an upsampling DVD player isn't going to change that.

They should, the wealth is well disributed here and we don't have the same issues.

That's not the point. The point is there are people in the world who want us dead. It has nothing to do with money. It has everything to do with idealism. Making sure everyone in Afganistan can afford an upsampling DVD player isn't going to change that.

Can you be sure that it won't?

You are talking to someone who doesn't have religion so the idealism doesn't really apply.

Would you rather hate America or have a nice car and a safe home?

If they all have hope for the future and still want us dead, then I'm wrong. But my guess is that they'd become as self-interested as we are and work towards an even better life.

Because Sarge, everything is America's responsibility and fault. If we do something postive for a country or the world in general we get no credit. Only blame coming from Ontario.

Hmmm, you the one with the victim mentality. I've never said blame America, your the one feeling like I am.

I have said a few times in this thread that life here is good and that if everyone had the same oportunities that we do, the terrorism thing would go away because people would choose to improve their own life vs. tear down ours.

I'm an individual in Ontario not Ontario. Please make the distinction.

That's simply insane. Communism failed. It will never work, and the feel-good people who continue to propogate a failed idea are fooling themselves and causing more harm than good.

Money can't buy off religion, sorry.

There is no God and therefore no need for religion (my views).

Give people money and the opportunity to make something better of their lives and they'll make that choice vs. blowing themselves up.

Can you be sure that it won't?

You are talking to someone who doesn't have religion so the idealism doesn't really apply.

Would you rather hate America or have a nice car and a safe home?

If they all have hope for the future and still want us dead, then I'm wrong. But my guess is that they'd become as self-interested as we are and work towards an even better life.

Yes, I'm 1000% sure it won't.

They want us dead and are willing to risk their Earthly lives for it in exchange for what they believe will be awaiting them in Heaven, the latter being far more important to them. Has that not registered with you yet? The only reason they use money is to attack us.

Yes, I'm 1000% sure it won't.

They want us dead and are willing to risk their Earthly lives for it in exchange for what they believe will be awaiting them in Heaven, the latter being far more important to them. Has that not registered with you yet? The only reason they use money is to attack us.

So their hate is innate? BS, it is learned.

Anyone born to parents of a particular religion ARE that religion? BS, it is learned.

It seems like you are implying that they are a different species than us. Are you implying that? If so, what's the proof that they are?

I'm advocating the responsible use of money and previlage to eliminate the power of the religious hate mongers because they are a lost cause who rely on recruiting young people to carry out their hateful acts. If we can give the young people hope, the haters will stop having the power because terrorists are not born terrorists, they learn it.

There is no God and therefore no need for religion (my views).

Give people money and the opportunity to make something better of their lives and they'll make that choice vs. blowing themselves up.

You're certifiable. So because you believe there is no god, you therefore know that you would choose to make something better of your life. So, do you also assume that every person you meet is a Washington Redskins fan?

That's the fundamental flaw with your view. People believe things even when they are shown evidence that what they believe is harmful to them. It's a belief. And beliefs run deep. Stop living with your head in the sand, hmmm?

Where did you fall down? Oh yeah, right when you made the comment about Ontario.

I originally took issue with you post (#202 I believe) in which you wrote that in practice wealth distribution will make people happy and that the gratification will negate religion's impact.

My issue was that this is a utopian principal. That is why I posted, "You mean in theory."

Your response was, yes we must distribute wealth.

This response in no way addressed my post that you quoted. You quoted me and then wrote as if you had no idea what we were discussing.

Hence, I typed, "What are you talking about? Please elaborate."

So their hate is innate? BS, it is learned.

Anyone born to parents of a particular religion ARE that religion? BS, it is learned.

It seems like you are implying that they are a different species than us. Are you implying that? If so, what's the proof that they are?

I'm advocating the responsible use of money and previlage to eliminate the power of the religious hate mongers because they are a lost cause who rely on recruiting young people to carry out their hateful acts. If we can give the young people hope, the haters will stop having the power because terrorists are not born terrorists, they learn it.

Of course it's learned behavior. It's learned from Islamists. These people are Islamists. They hate because of Islamisation. It has nothing to do with money. The only way to give young people hope is to remove the direct reason for their hatred, which is Islamists. Throwing a few bucks at them doesn't solve the problem.

Destroying Islamisation is the only cure. It has destroyed too many countries in the ME and FE for it to be because of money or Earthly posessions. Islamisation has existed since the origins of Islam itself and the only way to get rid of it is literally to get rid of it.

I originally took issue with you post (#202 I believe) in which you wrote that in practice wealth distribution will make people happy and that the gratification will negate religion's impact.

My issue was that this is a utopian principal. That is why I posted, "You mean in theory."

Your response was, yes we must distribute wealth.

This response in no way addressed my post that you quoted. You quoted me and then wrote as if you had no idea what we were discussing.

Hence, I typed, "What are you talking about? Please elaborate."

My response "Yes, you need to get the wealth distributed."

Means:

I agreed that yes in theory, yes that there were people in power who won't let the wealth get distributed and I reiterated that the wealth NEEDED to be distributed.

How did you take it to mean:

everything is America's responsibility and fault. If we do something postive for a country or the world in general we get no credit. Only blame coming from Ontario.

Of course it's learned behavior. It's learned from Islamists. These people are Islamists. They hate because of Islamisation. It has nothing to do with money. The only way to give young people hope is to remove the direct reason for their hatred, which is Islamists. Throwing a few bucks at them doesn't solve the problem.

Destroying Islamisation is the only cure. It has destroyed too many countries in the ME and FE for it to be because of money or Earthly posessions. Islamisation has existed since the origins of Islam itself and the only way to get rid of it is literally to get rid of it.

So we need to stop it from being learned, that's all. It's a whole lot simplier than it's being made to seem.

How do you stop the influence of religion? My believe is that you stop people from desiring to learn it. That's why I want a better life for the young people in these regions, so they learn to enjoy it now instead of throwing it away in hopes of something better when they die. So they learn that by working hard they can improve their quality of life here on earth.

Archived