Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT:Arrington happy to put Redskins in past (MERGED) STADIUM EDITION

vegeta613

Uh, no. They weren't giving contradictory information, they weren't giving ANY information which is the way it should be. It was Lavar who was giving the contradictory information, insisting that he was healthy, then when reinjured insisting that they rushed him back, only later to say no the coaches were right and he was never fully healthy.

The organization had to respond when Lavar made false statements to the media. The team line had always been he was never fully healthy. The contradiction came from Lavar my friend, not the organization.

That was a contradiction on Lavars part. But at first Lindsey said he wasn't 100 percent healthy, that is why he isn't on the field. Then Lavar says he is healthy, they say he is healthy. All of a sudden, its because he plays out of position, and freelances. Ok so he needs to work on that. But why isn't he allowed to practice and prove himself. If he is healthy but freelances. Why can't he rush the passer at the defensive end position for a few plays. Its a long time ago, but i remembered it at the time, it seemed contradictory on both ends. Kill me. I met the guy, he was really cool. My favorite player. But now its over. I'm not going to argue with you guys, i've seen your posts, you all know more football then me. But Coughlin knows he can play. Anyway we'll win without the guy.

The funny thing is, it was LAVAR that forfeited his 4 million dollars to leave the team. It wasn't the Redskins who told him to get out.....mind you, all his complaining about the coaching staff turnover, but you'd think he would be smart enough to see that the coaches we have in place have turned the franchise around, The Skins were a 10-6, Divisional Playoff team, when has Lavar been a part of that in his career? Certainly not under Steve Spurrier or Marty.

I have always defended Lavar when he was a Redskin, but it seems more clear now that his issue is that he just feels that he should be able to go on the field and play however the hell he wants and be able to do whatever he wants to on the field. I almost spit out my water when he said he was looking up Marvin Lewis, because correct me if I am wrong but Marvin Lewis was basically the first D-Coordinator to put Lavar in his place and tell him to stop roaming around so much.

With his attitude and his inablility to stay on the field due to injuries makes Lavar Damaged Goods as far as I am concerned. Sure, he still has athletic ability, but his ego and stubborness will never allow him to achieve things he WAS capable of. I think the NY Giants fans will be dissapointed if they are expecting a superstar linebacker to come in and change the world, because that is the Lavar of 2001.

The funny thing is, it was LAVAR that forfeited his 4 million dollars to leave the team. It wasn't the Redskins who told him to get out.....mind you, all his complaining about the coaching staff turnover, but you'd think he would be smart enough to see that the coaches we have in place have turned the franchise around, The Skins were a 10-6, Divisional Playoff team, when has Lavar been a part of that in his career? Certainly not under Steve Spurrier or Marty.

I have always defended Lavar when he was a Redskin, but it seems more clear now that his issue is that he just feels that he should be able to go on the field and play however the hell he wants and be able to do whatever he wants to on the field. I almost spit out my water when he said he was looking up Marvin Lewis, because correct me if I am wrong but Marvin Lewis was basically the first D-Coordinator to put Lavar in his place and tell him to stop roaming around so much.

With his attitude and his inablility to stay on the field due to injuries makes Lavar Damaged Goods as far as I am concerned. Sure, he still has athletic ability, but his ego and stubborness will never allow him to achieve things he WAS capable of. I think the NY Giants fans will be dissapointed if they are expecting a superstar linebacker to come in and change the world, because that is the Lavar of 2001.

Wouldn't you pay to leave if Dale Lindsey molested you. As someone mentioned.;)

monk......pretty close...and yea...we'll get by without him....

this board can be hilarious....we're into the 5th or 6th page of jilted women burning jerseys, screaming coach rape.........it's as fascinating as arrington himself. and terrific for an otherwise lackluster Friday!

"With his attitude and his inablility to stay on the field due to injuries makes Lavar Damaged Goods as far as I am concerned."

this is getting to be a tiresome argument. you have players on the Skins now who have had much worse injuries and been out for lengthy periods of time. it happens. players recover. it takes time.

That was a contradiction on Lavars part. But at first Lindsey said he wasn't 100 percent healthy, that is why he isn't on the field. Then Lavar says he is healthy, they say he is healthy. All of a sudden, its because he plays out of position, and freelances.

Think back, though. It was never the Coaching staff who said he freelanced and was out-of-position originally. They said he wasn't ready in '04 and wasn't healthy. Then he said he said he was fine and wanted to play. The Coaches put him in and he clearly wasn't, then he complained he got rushed back, mere weeks after saying himself that he was healthy.

The next season, he says he has no idea why he isn't starting, then three key figures come out and say he knows exactly why. Gregg Williams, in particular, says he's not fully healthy. No one on the current staff ever threw him under the bus. It was Marvin Lewis who originally said LaVar didn't get with the program. As fans, we could see the problems his mistakes created and suddenly realized why.

Look at his freggen situation, he's now on a division rival team, what better way to fit in then to smash us up by saying he likes being away from us? He's trying to fit in with the team and the community cuz he can't stick with us any longer.

LaVar is no longer one of us. We need to put him in the past too fellas.

"I know Snyder would love to keep people saying the things that have been said about me," Arrington said. "But he has to come up with some type of something about me in order to legitimize the dumb [stuff] that they do."

That dumb stuff, Arrington said, is alienating proven veterans and firing coaches.

Actually I would rather have kept Pierce and Clark over LA. They were more "proven" then he was. As far as firing coaches, Spurrier had to go, Marty wanted all the control, something Snyder smartly only gave up to Gibbs. I think right now him running his mouth is tell-tale, let's see it on the field once and for all.

"I think it's kind of funny that Edwards was the only one that let Lavar do what all the talking heads are saying is the best way to play him by letting him roam free. How'd that work out"

yea...that's got to be it...the gints are gonna straight-jacket him also. crafty insight!

Screens to Sellers or Portis is MONEY against a blitzing Lavar.

How many years did we see it. :doh:

How long can we expect this Lavar crap to go on..frankly "Mr.Redskin"...who I still say decided he would give himself that title was WAY overrated, Lavar WAS a Redskin, so WAS Champ, so WAS S.Davis....who care who cares who cares!!!! Can we please move on...When he get smacked in the mouth by Jansen or Sellars, or when he's out of position on a play and we score thats all I care about anymore. Lav Coles talked a bunch of crap too...ummm...where are the Jets right now? ..these threads give the guy way too much credit for doing NOTHING when he was here. He's not even gonna make it thru the season as their starter...I thought we werent allowing anymore threads about Giants in the stadium anymore?:mad: :logo:

The only good coming out about LaVar's putting down the Skins is that for all of the apologists for him last year, they can see what we were seeing for years.

Thanks for clearing things up for us LaVar.

Lotta hate for the former Mr. Redskin. Most of the things he said in that article have a lot of truth to them. Yeah, he's bitter and pissed off but I can't really blame him. He was a damn hero in this town and then all of a sudden he wasnt wanted here anymore. Imagine if Lavar had had consistency in his coaching during his tenure here as opposed to 5 def coordinators and 5 head coaches. I love the Redskins and I do hope we kick the Giants ass this year but I dont know where all the LA hate comes from. The guy played with tons of heart and loved the crap out of this town.

He is a hero in Chicago?, No disrespect but you are acting as if Lavar was an angel when he was in DC. Remember the Poston contract fiasco? LA claimed the Redskins ripped him off, first shot fired was from his camp. Snyder took it as an insult, being called a liar afterall is one. I still recall the day he was signed and you could not buy one of his jersey's right away, unless you paid more and had one customized because Lavar thought the percentage going to him under the NFL collective bargaining agreement was unfair, good ridance. And btw, Mr. Redskin is with the team now and Lavar thought he was bigger than him. Gibbs is Mr. Redskin. :notworthy

What a piece of work...he fails to mention that if Snyder hadn't signed his overrated butt a few years ago, we probably could have kept guys like Pierce and Clark! Snyder would have LOVED to capitalize on Arrington's name, would have LOVED to market a whole genre around the guy HAD THE COACHING STAFF THOUGHT HE COULD PLAY WITHIN THE SYSTEM. Don't criticize Snyder, if you're mad at somebody be mad at Williams and the rest of the coaching staff who saw you as an over-hyped, under-schooled player.

I can't believe I just defended Snyder.

not an apologist...I take it for granted that most of you treat this as you do...say Iraq....you have opinions but little first hand information and do not recognize that there are always grains of truth on both sides of every issue. but that is your problem....not mine!!!!!

What is that old saying, you give great advice but take none of mine.

I agree the Redskins had some real bad management over a nice span of a few years and maybe Lavar has some points, but I don't think it was all on the management. Players play, coaches coach, etc......we just had some bad years and everybody involved in those bad years is a little bitter and frustrated that we couldn't get it done, but you know why that is?? they loved this organization, they loved the fans, and they loved the area. None of them ever says anything bad about actually being a Redskin, it's either this coach, or the owner, or this staff, etc.....I think all of them truely wanted to accomplish things here, but it doesn't always work out like that. I mean we still got Marty talking about how it was to be here, Champ still talks about it, Smoot, Pierce, the list goes on and on. They loved being Redskins!! Lavar probably more than any of them, I love ya bro, but it just wasn't in the cards. There's always two sides to every story, the management/team/coaches might have done some things wrong and probaby LA did too, but at the end of the day it's a business and if the pieces don't fit, something or somebody has to go. I'll miss his passion and love for the team, fans, and area. From a football standpoint, I can't say we're losing that much, I mean he hasn't really been a BIG factor the last 2 or 3 years. I wish he could have stayed, but..........I bet 10 years from now he'll still be talking about the Redskins, it hurt him to his hurt things didn't work out.

I was a huge Lavar fan. NO LONGER. What happend to.. "I'll be getting down on my knees and praying every night that I can remain a Redskin" Now he says he wanted out sooo bad. Which is it Lavar? It sounds like this guy doesn't belong on a Joe Gibbs team period. End of story.

Look at his freggen situation, he's now on a division rival team, what better way to fit in then to smash us up by saying he likes being away from us? He's trying to fit in with the team and the community cuz he can't stick with us any longer.

LaVar is no longer one of us. We need to put him in the past too fellas.

I dissagree I think we need to put him right up on the bulliten board, just like PD and Sellers will.

Somebody needs to submit the few links that have come up in this thread to the Times so they write a story how hypocritical Arrington is. Phuk Arrington. I don't care if he loves the fans but the fans loves the organization and its coaching staff. Phuk him for disrespecting our intelligence because he thinks that we love him so much and we will believe his bullschitt. Phuk him!!!

Archived