Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT:Arrington happy to put Redskins in past (MERGED) STADIUM EDITION

vegeta613

Its really sad to see fans like you and I am sure fans like you stand up and cheer for that headcase ahole when he shows up here. Eff lavar, I hope he blows both of his knees so he can STFU with the rest of his supporters. How can you still support this #$#$#$ idiot after what he said!? To be upset cause SP left and JG took over only shows what a moron this guy is. Enjoy your new team Lavar, enjoy your couch with the other D#$# head LB friend AP while we win the whole thing this year.

P.S. Can someone tell Danny to send him a TV to wach us win the SB??

F lavar :gaintsuck

I see you quoted my post, but did you bother to read it?

LaVar gave everything he had to this organization for the 6 seasons he was here. Was he undisciplined? Yes. Did he freelance and was he subject to straying from his lanes? Yes.

Can anyone question the passion he played with? No. Can anyone question the connection he felt with the fans of the organization? No. Can anyone deny that he was, for years, the lone bright spot on a team which was otherwise a laughingstock? No. Can anyone deny that he could be a gamebreaker who was capable of making plays that could turn around a single contest, or even a season? No.

Did he trash the fans? No. Did he trash the players? No. Did he trash the coaches? No.

He spoke out against management. He said some things about the management that I don't agree with. But just because he is wrong - in my opinion - doesn't make him some sort of bad person. It doesn't take away all the good he did for this team when there wasn't much else to cheer for.

Hey - you wanna boo him? Go right ahead. It's a free country.

But I'm not going to hate him for saying the same thing any of us would say if we were in his shoes.

"It's the same old thing every year," he said. "They bring in somebody or do something to create some kind of buzz. I'm sold on the fact that they want to create a preseason buzz and don't care whether they win or lose so they can make more money."

I guess he forgot that Joe Gibbs only took over 2 years ago and in that time has rebuilt the team into a Super Bowl contender. He may have also forgotten that mostly without him we had one of the best defences in football the last 2 years and we made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and scared the crap at of Seattle and their fans.

The most ignorant statement that he made was that the organazation don't care about winning??? 4 Super Bowls, 3 Titles and in the playoff almost every year!!! I really don't know what to say but good luck to the Giants... They are going to need it!

Dan Synder was fan before he become an owner and like all of us did and tried everything to get the winning tradition back!!! I did not always agree with the things that he did but I know that he wants the Redskins to win as badly as any of the Fans.

Joe Gibbs doesn't want to win???? He is sacraficing his health to get us back to the big game. How vengeful is this guy!!!

Hey Lavar here is a news flash that you may not know. Joe Gibbs lives and breathes the Redskins and proved his Loyalty by giving up part ownership in an NFL team and turning down other offers to coach. There is a word that I used that you may not be familiar with and that is "Loyalty"

Here is any tidbit about the man who is part of an organaztion that still don't care about winning.

Now now now... LaVar is making somewhat of a valid point when he says that we used to roll players and personnel in and out of Redskin Park without regard of winning.. I felt like Marty Schottenheimer deserved another shot after going .500 after one year. Steven Davis was shown the door prematurely as a result of Snyder's man love for Steve Spurrier. Ryan Clark wanted to stay but we chose to go after Archuleta who fit the system better, so he decided to leave for the money ( which any smart man would). Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Patrick Ramsey, and yes LaVar Arrington were all great players who were affected by the former mistakes of the administration we had in Washington for years. He's looking at it from a player's perspective so he's unable to view the WHOLE reality of situation. Joe Gibbs and company are building REDSKIN players like we had back in the day with Monk, Clark, Jacoby, and Mann. The big spending we've done since Gibbs has been here has yeilded great results! ( Phillip Daniels, Marcus Washington, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis) This off season will prove the same because Gibbs knows how to run a football team and build winners.

Don't hate LaVar , simply pitty the man that he had to waist the best years or his career on skins teams that had no direction, and was to dumb to realize that Joe Gibbs is the difference.

The personnel turnover is directly related to coaching turnover. Lavar defends Marty but Marty purged the roster doing the same thing that Norv did, the same thing that Spurrier did and the same thing that Gibbs did. Stephen Davis was pretty much the only skill position player that survived the Marty purge. Marty treated Darrell Green like he was a POS.

We are basically down to players that were brought in by Gibbs or have bought into the program completely (Samuels, Jansen, Thomas & Wynn). Getting the most physically talented player on the field isn't always what it is about.

I really don't understand what you are trying to say in regards to my previous post.....

You've proved my point by admitting that the previous personnel of the Redskins was out of touch with the knowledge of running a successful football team. Like I said, Gibbs is the answer..

LaVar gave everything he had to this organization for the 6 seasons he was here. Was he undisciplined? Yes. Did he freelance and was he subject to straying from his lanes? Yes.

Grim; explain how can someone can “give everything” they have “to the organization” and yet be undisciplined at the same time?

A player gets paid millions of dollars to play for a football team, and what? Now I’m supposed to cheer because he does his job?

I worked for a firm a few years ago. (1999) The owner was a very generous man. At the end of one year he gave performance bonuses—a company car of our own choice as long as it was under $45K. I landed myself in a shiny new black C5 Corvette. Did we all work our butts off that year? You better believe it we did. And every morning when I woke up and saw that car parked out front, I went to work and worked as hard as I could.

The point being, a man (Snyder) pays you millions of dollars, makes you the highest paid player on the team—and you are saying that it’s special that he works hard, gives it his all? That is what is expected when you are pad a lot of money. And the fact that he refused to be a disciplined player like his coaches asked is pathetic.

HTTR

Who are you, Len Patabelly, Queniee, Adam Schein, Z? If none of the above then quite believing them and the other Redskin/Dan Snyder haters!!! If you were paying attention you would realize Dan Snyder just signs the checks these days. He goes out and gets whoever Coach Joe Gibbs tells him he wants! Coach Gibbs is calling ALL the shots these days after conferring with HIS staff of best assistants in the league! He is setting our franchise up to win right now and in the future!!! Good ridance to those self centered a**holes like Chump, Smoot, Gardner, Coles, and #56!!!! They didn't want to play for the man who ONLY took the team to 4 superbowls winning 3 of them of them in 12 years. He ONLY took them back from "salary cap hell" replacing all but 4 starters on both sides of the ball in two year time frame and advanicing to the second round of the playoffs. But that was last year, this year all we need to do is gas up the bandwagon (again) 'cause we will needing it but not to frigid Minnesota, 'cause we're going to sunny Miami Beach to get the REAL Mr. Redskins (Mr. Gibbs) his 4th ring!!!

HTTR

Whoa calm down you didnt notice the sarcasm or the question mark at the end of the question?

ok...let's give this the common sense test. conceding none of us know the internal details...do you really think a guy who built a billion dollar empire is simply sitting back, in receive mode only, stroking checks when told to do so?

I think he learned from his past mistakes of trying to assemble dream teams and he grew up watching Joe Gibbs win us Lombardi Trophies. He is not going to Butt heads with Joe (like he did with SS) when it comes to evaluating talent and deciding who to keep of go get.

Whoa calm down you didnt notice the sarcasm or the question mark at the end of the question?

Oh my bad, sorry... I guess I was just too steamed after reading Arrington's latest rant that I missed your sarc. I should of caught it since I tend to be a little sarcastic myself.

I hope things work out as great for Arrington as they did for Coles, Gardner and Smoot...

food for thought....we are all happy with the turn-around.......what makes anyone think that this can be sustained once JG and his camp of insiders leave the scene? the fact is...he is getting older.....he will be able to stamp his personality on the organization for only so long. clearly, his imprint dissipated after the first time he retired. what is it about the organization itslef...beyond JG...that makes people think the turn-around can be sustained? I don't have the answer but I know it is an entirely reasonsable question to ask.

He left his NASCAR team 2 years ago and it didn't exactly crumble. Tony only Stewert won the Nextel Championship and his other cars aren't doing to shabby either. He has the best Rookie driver this year and is looking to add another car next year. Why can't he do the same thing here with the Redskins? IMO he already has by assembling one of the best assistant coaching combinations out there.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

COUGHLIN ALREADY UNHAPPY WITH ARRINGTON'S TALKING

A league source tells us that Giants coach Tom Coughlin isn't pleased with the decision of linebacker LaVar Arrington to sound off on the day the team reported for training camp regarding a variety of actual and/or perceived slights from his old team and members of the media.

"People want to hate on the Giants," Arrington said Thursday during his hour-long ***** session. "I've heard negative statements about Eli [Manning], about the defense. 'Who's going to be the biggest flop this year?' They say the Giants. They hate us. They really hate on the Giants. I guess it's a great situation because people have always hated on me."

(Actually, we think the Giants will be just fine this year. Until the playoffs.)

Regardless, Coughlin doesn't like the kind of chatter in which Arrington engaged, and it remains to be seen whether Coughlin has politely advised his biggest offseason acquisition to shut the hell up.

Our guess? If Arrington passes on the opportunity to spout off some more the next time a bank of microphones is stuck in his face, it means that the Soup Nazi has told LaVar that he'll get no crab bisque if he continues to complain about the lack of bread.

"He left his NASCAR team 2 years ago and it didn't exactly crumble. Tony only Stewert won the Nextel Championship and his other cars aren't doing to shabby either. He has the best Rookie driver this year and is looking to add another car next year. Why can't he do the same thing here with the Redskins? IMO he already has by assembling one of the best assistant coaching combinations out there."

reasonable answer. to which I would respond that football isn't the same as racing. the analogy doesn't fit in terms of the numbers of people, the dynamics, the economics........btw....didn't Gibbs' sons maintain a footing in the JG racing team?

"He left his NASCAR team 2 years ago and it didn't exactly crumble. Tony only Stewert won the Nextel Championship and his other cars aren't doing to shabby either. He has the best Rookie driver this year and is looking to add another car next year. Why can't he do the same thing here with the Redskins? IMO he already has by assembling one of the best assistant coaching combinations out there."

reasonable answer. to which I would respond that football isn't the same as racing. the analogy doesn't fit in terms of the numbers of people, the dynamics, the economics........btw....didn't Gibbs' sons maintain a footing in the JG racing team?

Concur, racing is different than football and yes his son(s) are running the show now for his NASCAR team. But IMO besides trying to come back and win another Super Bowl it is important that he leaves the Redskins Org just like he left his NASCAR team, with all the right people in place so it doesn't crumble like it did when he left first retired from football. I would not be suprised and hope he does become team president after his 5 year deal is up and he wins us 1 or 2 more trophies. :cheers:

"people have always hated on me" :laugh: :laugh:

if this putz would only learn to speak to the fans and media via his play on the field rather than through a preseason microphone he might finally get some of the respect he seems to be craving :D

a real head shaker, the peice said something about moving on. well then move on Lavar, show that you truwly have by not talking ad nausem about it. good bye lavar, i appraciated your heart but not your mouth. just say shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

COUGHLIN ALREADY UNHAPPY WITH ARRINGTON'S TALKING

A league source tells us that Giants coach Tom Coughlin isn't pleased with the decision of linebacker LaVar Arrington to sound off on the day the team reported for training camp regarding a variety of actual and/or perceived slights from his old team and members of the media.

"People want to hate on the Giants," Arrington said Thursday during his hour-long ***** session. "I've heard negative statements about Eli [Manning], about the defense. 'Who's going to be the biggest flop this year?' They say the Giants. They hate us. They really hate on the Giants. I guess it's a great situation because people have always hated on me."

(Actually, we think the Giants will be just fine this year. Until the playoffs.)

Regardless, Coughlin doesn't like the kind of chatter in which Arrington engaged, and it remains to be seen whether Coughlin has politely advised his biggest offseason acquisition to shut the hell up.

Our guess? If Arrington passes on the opportunity to spout off some more the next time a bank of microphones is stuck in his face, it means that the Soup Nazi has told LaVar that he'll get no crab bisque if he continues to complain about the lack of bread.

and a follow-up...

ARRINGTON ZIPS IT

In response to our item from Saturday regarding Giants coach Tom Coughlin's displeasure with linebacker LaVar Arrington's Thursday ***** session with the media, an industry source tells us that Arrington kept his mouth shut on Friday.

Word is that some reporters who missed Arrington's hour-long rant on Thursday tried to get him to revisit some of the topics after lunch on Friday, but he declined the request for an encore.

Our somewhat-informed guess? Coughlin told him to shut the hell up and focus on football.

reference

:silly:

Well I am still an Arrington Fan and there are truths to BOTH SIDES. LaVar WAS the face of the Redskins and perhaps had Danny Boy Wonder not been so keen on allowing the inmates to run the asylum from day 1 then Danny wants to have Gibbs in charge and the habits (ALL BAD) were instilled. We all remember the stories about players going above coaching staff directly to Danny Boy, was it WRONG? HECK yes ON BOTH SIDES. Also remember Arrington was a pallbearer for Snyder's father so there was a close knit bond there at one time. Now in no way am I not saying LaVar was and is wrong about how he is carrying on, but the bottom line is Snyder helped turn him into the person he is now and the bottom line is LaVar already made Aikman retire, I tend to think WE ALL WILL HATE him being 100% healthy and not ON THIS TEAM, Washington #53 is a good LB but sorry no one on the team can even measure what a healthy LaVar brings to the table. I don't see any Offensive Coordinators worrying about #53, BUT MANY OF THEM WORRIED ABOUT #56. :notworthy

So all the naysayers and people glad that LaVar is gone you have a right to your opinion, however I watch my Redskins for the players and not for Greg Williams and THAT IS WHO I BLAME FOR LaVAR not being here PERIOD, I would love to see LaVar take him out from the sideline!! :2cents:

Nobody has worried about Lavar in over two years. He is garbage. One more thing change your screen name to "Arringtonhitzthepipe". He has to be hitting it with all that BS he always bi***in about.

Lotta hate for the former Mr. Redskin. Most of the things he said in that article have a lot of truth to them. Yeah, he's bitter and pissed off but I can't really blame him. He was a damn hero in this town and then all of a sudden he wasnt wanted here anymore. Imagine if Lavar had had consistency in his coaching during his tenure here as opposed to 5 def coordinators and 5 head coaches. I love the Redskins and I do hope we kick the Giants ass this year but I dont know where all the LA hate comes from. The guy played with tons of heart and loved the crap out of this town.

I agree. I've always felt and said some of the things Lavar is talking about in that article. A lot of truth to it. I'll say it again. Lavar's hands wasn't all clean in their dispute but neither was the Redskin organization either.

Actually there is hypocrisy on both sides.

As I've said before, apologists will justify whatever comes out of his stinkin pie hole. It just doesn't matter what he says. He could call Joe Gibbs queer and some of you would blame Snyder. Sad, really. Then again Terrell Owens has his supporters. As they say - the world needs ditch diggers, too!

Any mistakes the Redskins made over the years pale in comparison to what LA has said and done. Change is ALWAYS going to be a factor in the NFL as we now know it: Change in ownership, coaching staffs, front offices, and the players on the field is ever present and ongoing. Better men like Samuels and Jansen roll with it. Losers and babies like Arrington bellyache, make excuses and get cast aside. The Giants will find this out soon enough.

He had great talent and great potential, no doubt about it. But he was not a "great" Redskin and it appears now that he didn't love the fans either. He loves himself most and there isn't a close second. To quote TO because it's so relevant "I love me some me."

"If I aint playing or playing well then it's you not me" sums up Arrington's battle cry.

Those of us who don't have our heads buried up our own arses know we're a better team without him. He could have been on the team as it's going in for the winning score. He decided to grab his ball and go home instead. Good riddance, amigo. :helmet:

He goes far enough to say it was a mistake in getting rid of bailey and S.Davis...has he not seen Clinton run? He was really in love with Marty.

And I can't believe how quickly he has forgotten his fans...I feel like he is treating us like horse shlt after all of this crap. A lot of years wasted cheering for him. I hope when he comes to Washington people begin throwing their arrington jerseys onto the field.

Don't for get how good S.Davis was with us now. Damn he was the man when he was in DC. At the time I felt it was a mistake. Davis wanted to be a skin.

Archived