Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT:Arrington happy to put Redskins in past (MERGED) STADIUM EDITION

vegeta613

ALBANY, N.Y. -- A rejuvenated LaVar Arrington rolled into New York Giants training camp yesterday morning, hopeful the tumult of the last two years is behind him and determined to show the Washington Redskins and the entire NFL he can still be an impact outside linebacker.

"It's a pretty weird feeling -- different but good," he told The Washington Times outside his dorm room at the University at Albany, where the Giants begin practicing today. "I'm able to be me again. That's something that hasn't existed for a little while now."

Change was a hallmark of Arrington's six seasons with the Redskins, a tenure highlighted by three Pro Bowl appearances but ultimately marred by a knee injury that limited him to four games in 2004, and the embarrassment of being benched early last year.

It is clear some of the wounds still linger for Arrington. He wasn't critical of coach Joe Gibbs or assistant head coach-defense Gregg Williams, saving his shots for owner Dan Snyder. Arrington was granted his release in early March when he agreed to forfeit $4.4 million in deferred bonus payments.

"I know Snyder would love to keep people saying the things that have been said about me," Arrington said. "But he has to come up with some type of something about me in order to legitimize the dumb [stuff] that they do."

That dumb stuff, Arrington said, is alienating proven veterans and firing coaches.

"They let us all go," he said. "You can go further than just me, Ryan [Clark] and Antonio [Pierce]. Go back to Champ [bailey]. Go back to Stephen Davis. Should I keep going? Go back to Brad Johnson. Even Marty [schottenheimer]. We would be playing for Super Bowls had they kept Marty. And after [steve] Spurrier left, that was it for me.

"I could tell something was different from the time the [current defensive coaching staff] got there and that different didn't include me. All of a sudden, I couldn't play. And then I got hurt. I came back and they used my injury as a reason to not play me."

Through a team spokesperson, Snyder declined to react to Arrington's comments.

As an eyewitness to the Redskins' free agent spending for many years, Arrington isn't surprised the Redskins spent money this year.

"It's the same old thing every year," he said. "They bring in somebody or do something to create some kind of buzz. I'm sold on the fact that they want to create a preseason buzz and don't care whether they win or lose so they can make more money."

Arrington said he hasn't talked to any current Redskins players recently, instead focusing on developing bonds with his new teammates.

Click link for the rest

http://www.washingtontimes.com/sports/20060728-123029-1253r.htm

He goes far enough to say it was a mistake in getting rid of bailey and S.Davis...has he not seen Clinton run? He was really in love with Marty.

And I can't believe how quickly he has forgotten his fans...I feel like he is treating us like horse shlt after all of this crap. A lot of years wasted cheering for him. I hope when he comes to Washington people begin throwing their arrington jerseys onto the field.

Even Marty [schottenheimer]. We would be playing for Super Bowls had they kept Marty. And after [steve] Spurrier left, that was it for me.

Is he actually defending Spurrier. OH, thats right, he defending the man that worshipped the ground he walked on. God forbid a new coaching staff comes in and makes the players work for their starting jobs.

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

Arrington is ****ing stupid.

Champ? He wanted to leave Lavar, just like you.

"And after Spurrier left, that was it for me?" Is he serious? He LIKED playing for Spurrier??

"I came back and they used my injury as a reason not to play me." You mean the same injury that we "rushed" you back from?? Which way is it Lavar?

"It's the same old thing every year," he said. "They bring in somebody or do something to create some kind of buzz. I'm sold on the fact that they want to create a preseason buzz and don't care whether they win or lose so they can make more money." What a complete idiot.

"I don't want to be the focal point, I want to be a part of things and fit in the way they need me to." Yeah RIGHT. You HAVE to be the focal point or you will start whining to the media.

I really had no feelings for Lavar near the end of his days here in Washington, be it like or hate. But now I REALLY hate this guy. He is a complete tool and completely delusional. I hope Sellers keeps his word and knocks this guy on his ass.

Champ wanted out cuz Spurrier was terrible, Pierce left for money and was a starter for one year before he left so how is that alienating? Clark started one year and that's a proven veteran?, didn't Johnson go when Spurrier came in? If he left before it was probably due to the many coaches that came through but couldn't succeed or the fact Johnson only put up a couple of good seasons. Why is Lavar riding Spurriers **** when almost every bad move he says the Skins made are a result of Spurrier's regime change or players leaving for more money. Schottenheimer? The ultimate choke artist Schottenheimer? The guy's postseason record is atrocious and he hasn't had too much success despite have a top ten QB, RB, TE, and the defensive rookie of the year. I can't wait for the Skins to return to the playoffs, and have LA watching them win it all from his couch. How long before Coughlin does something to "upset" LA? I guess he and Pierce can hold each other, make each other feel safe and warm. Strahan will take pictures. LA is just making childish excuses and is more or less parroting what the other Redskin's media cynics have been saying. I wonder what LA has to say about his recently suspended, brain-dead agent?

Bottom line: Lavar was fed alol this hype that he was the next LT, and was even made the face of the team (how much extra money did he earn due to his enemy, Snyder, marketing LA as "Mr. Redskin"?) and Lavar bought into the hype. LA had free control to roam, and every defensive coordinator that had a problem w/ the freelancing and lack of discipline left shortly after. All of a sudden, an experienced and credible coaching staff comes in, and although LA was sidelined, he wasn't happy for the D's success, he was only focused on himself as usual, and now LA had a head coach who favored his staff over the "star" of the team. Coles left for fear of a diminished role and basically a loss of fame and recognition, and, IMO, LA left for the same reason. I'm just glad Gibbs has seemingly gotten rid of the me-first players, and replaced them w/ hard working, team-first players. People know a big part of the Patriots success has been their team chemistry and that no one was really a big star; well Joe Gibbs wrote the book on that. How many other coaches have won multiple Superbowls w/ only one HOFer ? He has built himself that formula of succcess once again w/ this team. The fact we are underestimated, forgotten, neglected, insulted, and ignored by a large portion of the media, and neglected in the probowl every year; that's part of that formula, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"It's the same old thing every year," he said. "They bring in somebody or do something to create some kind of buzz. I'm sold on the fact that they want to create a preseason buzz and don't care whether they win or lose so they can make more money."

Arrington said he hasn't talked to any current Redskins players recently, instead focusing on developing bonds with his new teammates.

He's obviously been talking to Pierce a lot judging by this particular hatred he's spewing, it's almost word for word Antonio's usual shtick.

I hope every single last Lavar lover on this site that STILL stands by him and says things like "I'll root for him every game, just not against us! :D " reads this article a few times over. Lavar can reminisce all he wants about the Spurrier "glory days," the reality is we were a better team when he wasn't on the field producing much, and we'll certainly be better without him from now on.

Lotta hate for the former Mr. Redskin. Most of the things he said in that article have a lot of truth to them. Yeah, he's bitter and pissed off but I can't really blame him. He was a damn hero in this town and then all of a sudden he wasnt wanted here anymore. Imagine if Lavar had had consistency in his coaching during his tenure here as opposed to 5 def coordinators and 5 head coaches. I love the Redskins and I do hope we kick the Giants ass this year but I dont know where all the LA hate comes from. The guy played with tons of heart and loved the crap out of this town.

the hate comes from the fact that all he has done for the past two seasons is ***** and moan about playing time. Also, one minute he's saying that we rushed him back onto the field after his knee injury then the next he's complaining because we don't start him right away after the injury. In addition to the fact that all he has done is bash the skins since he left.

You dont understand where the hate is coming from? What? Did you read the article? He took a giant **** on the entire organization! We don't care about winning? He'd rather we had kept Spurrier over Joe freakin' Gibbs? Sorry, but that kind of crap isnt going to fly with me. I've lost all repsect for him. I harbor less resentment against Champ than Lavar at this point.

the hate comes from the fact that all he has done for the past two seasons is ***** and moan about playing time. Also, one minute he's saying that we rushed him back onto the field after his knee injury then the next he's complaining because we don't start him right away after the injury. In addition to the fact that all he has done is bash the skins since he left.

If you made the probowl three straight seasons and then were riding the bench, wouldnt you ***** about playing time too?

And then I got hurt. I came back and they used my injury as a reason to not play me.
:doh:

Great, he's still lying... shut the hell up Lavar.

AP:Arrington: 'I could have handled things a bit better'

If you made the probowl three straight seasons and then were riding the bench, wouldnt you ***** about playing time too?
Umm, I don't think I'd lie to everyone saying I was 100% and didn't know why I wasn't playing; and then say I could've handled things better and I was still hurt 2 months later...

"They let us all go," he said. "You can go further than just me, Ryan [Clark] and Antonio [Pierce].Go back to Champ [bailey]. Go back to Stephen Davis. Should I keep going? Go back to Brad Johnson. Even Marty [schottenheimer]. We would be playing for Super Bowls had they kept Marty. And after [steve] Spurrier left, that was it for me.

Ryan Clark - OK at the end of the season, but gets burned up till then.

Antonio Pierce - No more money, no more stay. Simple.

Champ Bailey - Denver sent two-time Pro Bowl running back Clinton Portis, who wanted a new contract, to Washington in exchange for Bailey, who wanted a new team, and a second-round pick. Don't want to be a Redskin?... Buh bye!

Stephen Davis - Opposite of Clark. Good in the beginning, slowed down at the end. Only exception was his SB year with Carolina.

Brad Johnson - And would he have gotten a SB ring if he had stayed here for a few more years? Great advice Lavar! BTW he's holding out because the Vikes won't upgrade his pay scale from backup QB to starter.

Marty? - Super Bowl? :silly: nuff said

Spurrier? - That was it? Over Joe Gibbs.... :laugh:

Reasons to hate Lavar:

1. Complained (publicly, because that is the only way he knows how) he was rushed back from injury too soon, and then complained when he wasn't played as a result (also, he had gotten out of shape due to his "depression", and refused to cooperate in a defensive system that earned first in the NFC w/o him.)

2. Lavar was the face of the Redskins, and after the playoffs he is pumped up for the future successes to come, and then decides to pay 4 million to leave, rather than restructure, even though he has stated before that if he couldn't play for the Skins he'd retire. Basically, he broke a lot of hearts.

3. Once LA left, he put a knife in the back of every Redskins fan who still loved him, stood by him, by joining our division rival. Anybody w/ a true love for this team and/or area would NEVER be so publicly vocal about wanting to stay in the NFC East. (The fact his Dr. Jekyl, Mr. Hyde tirades didn't affect the team speaks volumes for our team chemistry, and shows the kind of dissaray the Eagles locker room was in)

4. He publicly complained about the franchise during it's first postseason in 6 years.

5. He made a public specimen out of his contract problems, even though he was the highest paid player, and even filed suit against the Redskins. His agent never bothered to read the contract, screwing over his client, and yet LA stood by him and still tried to publicly drag it out. Anyone wonder why his agent is now suspended, and that agent's client list were the last FA's signed? (except Peterson)

6. LA has been vocal in the past about the coaches he didn't like, and several coaches were fired due to this. LA is now complaining (and essentially repeating the mediots verbatim) that he had to deal w/ new defensive schemes each year, even though he was a partial cause for it.

7. LA's close relationship w/ Snyder not only influenced the firing of coaches, but also gave Lavar the benefit of being the face of the team, earning him a lot of outside money in merchandising, tv, commercials, etc. Then he turns around and specifically bashes Snyder (which is also mediot parroting, as he wouldn't say anything bad about Gibbs and Co. as they are being praised, somewhat, right now, just the most nationally hated owner in the media.).

8. LA's hypocracy w/ us, the fans. Says he loves the area, the team, then pays to leave and join a rival. Says he loves the team, but then says the team is about making money, not winning. He says Schottenheimer and Spurrier were better fits than Gibbs, the real Mr. Redskin.

9. Ever since LA has been here, he has only ever had one topic to discuss, Lavar. He was a selfish person who squandered his gift by trying to ride on his natural talent alone. He may have had a different scheme each year, but he refused to learn even one of them. He refused to play as DE for Lewis (Carter sucked it up and switched positions in San Fran, and now he is playing for a superbowl contender back at the positon he loves), and almost every defensive coordinator that came through has since publicly complained about Lavar, not praised him. Team players and future HOFers generally cooperate w/ their coaches, they don't try to do their own "thing" b/c they are in good graces w/ the owner, and as a result give up 5 big plays for every one made. Most of us couldn't see the childish primadonna, but now that he is gone it has sunk in, and it stings.

Since LA has left, I am not ashamed to admit it has left me bitter towards Lavar. However, after this stupid stunt of his, I now view him not as a hypocritical back-stabber, rather, I see him as a guy who made a career off of ending someone else's, and then never reached his full potential. In other words, Lavar is a bust.

Lavar is really letting his personality get the best of him in that interview. Just a bunch of "everyone's fault but mine" B.S. He's like a damn 14 year old girl, can't take any responsibility for his own actions. You can tell he's living in an alternate view of reality when he defends Spurrier and says he knew it was over when Spurrier got canned and the new regime came in. OK Lavar, you take Steve Spurrier and your pick from last season's pro-bowlers, I'll take Gibbs and company with the 49ers and I bet they win 9 out of 10. What a fool.

Archived