Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT:Arrington happy to put Redskins in past (MERGED) STADIUM EDITION

vegeta613

It's funny he didn't mention his agent being found guilty and suspended from the league, eh?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He'll say the right things to the right peole, look like a good guy, get you hyped and thats it. We had him IMO at his best and now he'll just be another injury prone player who never lived up to full expectations.

I expect to see him on Real Sports as part of the "Where are they now" segment.

Loved when he was here, but now I could care less.

Really, wow, he owned the PHILLY recievers?!? :laugh: Do you remember pre-Owens, when you lost an NFCCG because it took 344 seconds for your recievers to get off the line? I suspect this won't even be close to the last CB you'll see man handling your WRs this year. I'm not saying Brown's not good, he is, but to act him locking down Reggie Brown and Jabar Gaffney is some kind of feat is hilarious.

I'm done with Lavar--done sticking up for him, done liking him--all he does is complain and whine to anyone who will listen. He's all bark and no bite. I'm sure he'll love being a giant! Just wait until that defense gets schooled this year because he blew some simple assignment. Let's all remember what his coaches said today, and let's revisit toward the middle of the season, assuming he hasn't injured some part of his fragile body. I've got a new nickname for him: Glass Lavar.

not an apologist...I take it for granted that most of you treat this as you do...say Iraq....you have opinions but little first hand information and do not recognize that there are always grains of truth on both sides of every issue. but that is your problem....not mine!!!!!

I agree FS62, I've never found your comments on LaVar as being an apologist. I think you're very rational when it comes to LaVar.

I'm probably more of an apologist for LA as anyone but I really can't excuse what he's done this time. If he's "moved on" then MOVE ON LaVar. Talk about how happy you are with the Giants and how great everything is there and stop with the Redskin bashing and rewriting history.

Most of the moves he talked about were pre-Gibbs. The problem with the Redskins and why we let go of so many players who seemed like fixtures just a year or two earlier is because of the coaching turnover.

Once Gibbs got here, "fixture" players only left if the chose to and didn't buy into what Gibbs and company were doing (Champ, Pierce, Smoot, Coles, Gardner, and LaVar). Any one of those players would still be with the Redskins if they had wanted to be.

As for Marty. I still feel Marty recognized what LaVar could do and maximized it to a T. If Marty "let LaVar do whatever he wanted" (which is BS) and still managed to field a top 10 defense, Marty is a defensive genius and the question must be asked.....why couldn't GW do that? :silly:

Point is that Marty didn't let LaVar freelance, but he did use his skills within his defense, something GW refused to do. With that said, LaVar is in Never Never Land if he feels that Marty would have fielded a SB team (0 appearences and counting) and Gibbs (4 SBs) and GW (1 SB) cannot.

The only thing that troubles me a little is how it seems that it's always the former Redskins who bash their former club. Brad, Big Fumble, Roland, The Toe, 50-50, Pierce, Smoot, Clark, and LA all have had unkind things to say about the Redskins after they left. I never read that sort of thing with any other team. Are the Redskins/Snyder really that bad? My immediate answer would be no, but still it's a pattern not an isolated player and it's troubling.

I still wish LaVar the best (I just like the guy......sue me), but for the first time, a Mike Sellers KO block may not be such an unwelcomed sight for me. :D

He's obviously been talking to Pierce a lot judging by this particular hatred he's spewing, it's almost word for word Antonio's usual shtick.

I hope every single last Lavar lover on this site that STILL stands by him and says things like "I'll root for him every game, just not against us! :D " reads this article a few times over. Lavar can reminisce all he wants about the Spurrier "glory days," the reality is we were a better team when he wasn't on the field producing much, and we'll certainly be better without him from now on.

Yea thats what I was thinking. **** LaVar and **** Pierce. Both those mother****ers can kiss Snyder's ass.

I hope Sellers keeps his word and knocks this guy on his ass.

I must have missed that. What exactly did Sellers say? In what context?

Anyway, I am just tired of Arrington. Go be with the Giants and stop talking about the Redskins. If you want to talk smack, like how you're going to beat us...yadda yadda, about the Redskins before the game, fine that's normal, but this talking about your former team is not professional and rings in the same tune as Terrell Owens. Get over it.

A reporter asked Mike Sellers what it was going to be like playing against Lavar next season

I will paraphrase, rather accurately I think - but it is from memory:

"It will be just like practice - I played against him all the time. I knocked him on his ass all practice long then and I'll knock him on his ass all game long now." Then he said something about Lavar being a "big talker".

:laugh:

I will be organizing a LaVar Arrington jersey burning in the parking lot of FedEx at the December 30 game.

Go ahead and do that. I dont even have a Fagington Jersey but I will snatch them off of anyone that I see wearing them and toss them in the fire.

A reporter asked Mike Sellers what it was going to be like playing against Lavar next season

I will paraphrase, rather accurately I think - but it is from memory:

"It will be just like practice - I played against him all the time. I knocked him on his ass all practice long then and I'll knock him on his ass all game long now." Then he said something about Lavar being a "big talker".

:laugh:

Ooooh nice! Thanks! :applause:

Well, a few things of note.

If Marty were here we would be winning Super Bowls? I just have to think for a moment. How long has Marty been coaching? Now, during that time frame, how many Super Bowls has he won? Actually, how many has he gone to? Oh, I remember now, none.

Next, it’s the same thing every year? Ok, well let’s look at the progression. Since Gibbs has been here, things have been notably different. It just makes sense that if one is to build a Super Bowl caliber team, one has to make changes, especially if that team was a 5-11 team the previous year. If he expected us to keep all those players, then what could we expect from that team? We went from 5-11 pre-Gibbs, to 6-10 (and all of those games were close) to 11-7 (the best record Lavar has experienced as an NFL player, as well as his only playoff experience).

Some players of note; Smoot left, and well, we all know what kind of year he had last year. I love Smoot, but Santana will own him on Monday night like Steve Smith did :D .

Champ left but we got Portis in return, who, as we all witnessed, literally carried our team to the playoffs last year. Thanks CP. I'm not even going to go into Brad Johnson due to the fact that that was ages ago. Antonio decided to go with more money, and Lemar filled in remarkably well. Lemar was a key factor in us winning those games down the stretch.

We utilized FA to get players to fill in key positions of need. First and foremost we looked at wide receiver, but also added key defensive players. Mostly all young, and entering the prime of their careers. I think I have faith in the players that Gibbs and Co. have hand picked. It has worked so far hasn't it? This is Gibbs, Buges, Williams, Breaux and Blache’s third year together during this era. The addition of brilliant minded coaches such as Saunders and Gray can only help. It’s the nature of the beast to have new players come in and others leave. This team has shown its strength, and will only grow stronger while Lavar goes into another city to learn a new defensive playbook.

Lavar is venting, and I can’t blame the man TOO much. The NFL is a tough beast, and an unfriendly one at times. Lavar has experienced this. However it is also a privilege to be given the gift to play at such a high level. The Washington Redskins will still be here, and will be winning games, no matter how much Lavar baby talk is fed to the media.

the "star" players that we let go are either getting older (davis, morton) or not willing to play for a respectable salary ( bailey, pierce etc). they say that they are underpaid, yet they make more in one year than most people will make in a lifetime. Oh poor them.

screw em. if you want to say anything so it on the field. they should all take a lesson from ramsey. that man is a class act and i wish all the best for him.

Exactly how I feel. I am looking forward to kicking LA's rear more than anything this yr. And for all of you LA sympathists, I have NEVER been on his bandwagon. He is a selfish player and to me represents all that was wrong with the Skins organization pre-GibbsII.

:cheers: here's to see LA get lit up like the 4th of July!!!!

scruffy......

1) I've always felt arrington was about the bucks....that was very obvious from day one.

2) I can agree with much of the emotional energy expended on this board about much of the frankly "not well thought out" statements arrington has made.

3) I disagree with those who are so blind as to not see where he had value.

4) I disagree with those who do not see that the organization, over time, has fouled up with many of its best players and that arrington was one of them. there have been foul ups.........

food for thought....we are all happy with the turn-around.......what makes anyone think that this can be sustained once JG and his camp of insiders leave the scene? the fact is...he is getting older.....he will be able to stamp his personality on the organization for only so long. clearly, his imprint dissipated after the first time he retired. what is it about the organization itslef...beyond JG...that makes people think the turn-around can be sustained? I don't have the answer but I know it is an entirely reasonsable question to ask.

I just hope he doesn't go and have a fantastic season such as Trotter did right after he was let go.; I am going to miss the guy. That hit on Aikman was soo sweet.

I'm gonna miss him too man... he was one bright spot on a horrible team for most of his tenure here... but we have plenty of other players like him now, and nothing but good things in our future. Honestly, I wish Arrington the best of luck in New York except when playing against the Skins, of course... :silly: :gaintsuck

"Exactly how I feel. I am looking forward to kicking LA's rear more than anything this yr. And for all of you LA sympathists, I have NEVER been on his bandwagon. He is a selfish player and to me represents all that was wrong with the Skins organization pre-GibbsII."

lack of air conditioning in St Louis must be gettin to ya...eh? please point to any post you made in arrington's first 2-3 seasons in which you stated he was a selfish player who represented the worst in the organization. pls...don't feed us BS.......

Now now now... LaVar is making somewhat of a valid point when he says that we used to roll players and personnel in and out of Redskin Park without regard of winning.. I felt like Marty Schottenheimer deserved another shot after going .500 after one year. Steven Davis was shown the door prematurely as a result of Snyder's man love for Steve Spurrier. Ryan Clark wanted to stay but we chose to go after Archuleta who fit the system better, so he decided to leave for the money ( which any smart man would). Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Patrick Ramsey, and yes LaVar Arrington were all great players who were affected by the former mistakes of the administration we had in Washington for years. He's looking at it from a player's perspective so he's unable to view the WHOLE reality of situation. Joe Gibbs and company are building REDSKIN players like we had back in the day with Monk, Clark, Jacoby, and Mann. The big spending we've done since Gibbs has been here has yeilded great results! ( Phillip Daniels, Marcus Washington, Santana Moss, Clinton Portis) This off season will prove the same because Gibbs knows how to run a football team and build winners.

Don't hate LaVar , simply pitty the man that he had to waist the best years or his career on skins teams that had no direction, and was to dumb to realize that Joe Gibbs is the difference.

Don't hate LaVar , simply pitty the man that he had to waist the best years or his career on skins teams that had no direction, and was to dumb to realize that Joe Gibbs is the difference.

Definitely Joe Gibbs is the difference. The coaches are the ones with the brains, wasn't it up to the Dale Lindsey to get through to Lavar, to maximize a talent such as Lavar. In this situation, looks like he couldn't do that. We will see if the Giant coaching staff can do what he couldn't" Still think we win the Superbowl, but it would be a lot sweeter for me if I could wear my 56 jersey to the show.

"Exactly how I feel. I am looking forward to kicking LA's rear more than anything this yr. And for all of you LA sympathists, I have NEVER been on his bandwagon. He is a selfish player and to me represents all that was wrong with the Skins organization pre-GibbsII."

lack of air conditioning in St Louis must be gettin to ya...eh? please point to any post you made in arrington's first 2-3 seasons in which you stated he was a selfish player who represented the worst in the organization. pls...don't feed us BS.......

Thanks and I never lost air conditioning, my office did though and that was a circus...back to the arguement at hand. Also, if you'll note, I have only been a member less than a yr, Skins fan since birth but didnt get into this message board thing until last yr. Thus, I have no proof of being anti LA prior to his leaving. If you will look at any of my posting history though i have never supported or defended him. I have always found him to be a "spotlight, I love me some me player"

My argument is simple: How can you disagree with the Gregg Williams when you have seen what this defense has done under his reign? LA's worst yr was this defenses best! We were a losing, high-profile player team the enitre time LA was here(no I dont blame LA for that, but he was cashing checks while we were losing and loving every minute of it b/c he was in the spotlight).

Definitely Joe Gibbs is the difference. The coaches are the ones with the brains, wasn't it up to the Dale Lindsey to get through to Lavar, to maximize a talent such as Lavar. In this situation, looks like he couldn't do that. We will see if the Giant coaching staff can do what he couldn't" Still think we win the Superbowl, but it would be a lot sweeter for me if I could wear my 56 jersey to the show.

Yea winning the superbowl with LaVar would've been a testimate that good things come to those who wait and persevere..

To bad he has to continue to suffer now! :gaintsuck

Archived