Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell rumoured to retire?

illone

Who waits until a week before training camp to retire? Brunell has a golden opportunity here this year and has some good football left. He'll be here. This year might be his last though.

Correction: This year will be his last. Campbell is pretty much guaranteed to start next year, and a guy as accomplished as Brunell wont want to stick around and jsut be a backup.

I found some more of this Brunnellretire.from the NFL blitz,this will put us even with the NFLif he does .Cause Brunell bring that Vet experience to the talbe in which Campbell dont.so it might be interesting soon.If Campbell not ready I have full confidence inthe Saunder protege T Collins maybe have to find another experience QB.Please dont look Kerry Collins way.

WOW!!! :notworthy

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/index.php?c=2&a=854

It's interesting to think about the state of our team if he should retire or get injured. All hopes for a SB this year would likely be gone. However, next year, with a full year under Campbell's belt and a year of learning Saunders system for the entire offense would be very promising. That said, I don't believe Brunell is retiring.

i have a gut feeling that CP wasnt fibbin. and the staff are covering for MB. as they fear JC is not ready for the big games just yet.

and at first it was reported that it was a broken fingure, then there are reports of a shoulder injury. which is it? finger or shoulder.

whatever it is, there is some def cover stories going around. and that in of itself is dubious of the front office to say the least.

good thing it wont matter who the qb is this year. we have too much talent to not make it far into the playoffs.

sbb

i have a gut feeling that CP wasnt fibbin. and the staff are covering for MB. as they fear JC is not ready for the big games just yet.

and at first it was reported that it was a broken fingure, then there are reports of a shoulder injury. which is it? finger or shoulder.

whatever it is, there is some def cover stories going around. and that in of itself is dubious of the front office to say the least.

good thing it wont matter who the qb is this year. we have too much talent to not make it far into the playoffs.

sbb

I'm a pretty freakin avid fan, I read a lot of articles and spend way too much time on here and I've never even heard it suggested that his shoulder or anything more than a finger was hurt until I read this post. Do you have a source for that?

Come on, it's Portis, go to NFL.com and look in the video archives and watch the interview for yourself. The guy was clowning, nothing more. Do you really think after the best statistical year of his career, after adding all these weapons, on the verge of being able to finally win a SB Brunell (with his character) would up and retire because (as Portis said) he didn't want to practice?!? Mark Brunell is our starting QB this year and that's not changing.

When is the idiot media gonna learn this important fact:

CLINTON PORTIS IS A JOKER!!!! HE JOKES AROUND!!!!

I think that with 24 hour sports news and talk radio that these fools will believe anything in the hopes that it will be something they can then brag about getting the scoop on :doh:

Correction: This year will be his last. Campbell is pretty much guaranteed to start next year, and a guy as accomplished as Brunell wont want to stick around and jsut be a backup.

I didn't know the Redskins hired you in the off-season. Congratulations on your new position of team know-it-all.

These rumors are lame, I heard that the coaching staff had to talk him into playing this year, but I don't believe that either. He is a competitor and he wants to win, Brunell will only want to retire after a championship. We have a great leader going into this season and he will lead us to VICTORY.:logo::logo::logo:

If Brunell retired we couldn't have the obligatory annual QB controversy.

Wrong. No matter who the QB is there will always be Skins fans who root for the backup. If Brunell did actually leave there would be threads popping up left and right about "Campbell vs. Collins", and "Which vet QB should we pick up to compete with Jason and Todd"

The sky is to blue like Redskins fans are to QB controversy;).

Archived