Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell rumoured to retire?

illone

you guys are right tho. no matter who the qb is. there will allways be a controversy.

allways gonna be those fans that think the "back up" will do better. but hey, somtimes those fans are right. most of the time, they aint. im thinking chargers. we will see.

sbb

you guys are right tho. no matter who the qb is. there will allways be a controversy.

allways gonna be those fans that think the "back up" will do better. but hey, somtimes those fans are right. most of the time, they aint. im thinking chargers. we will see.

sbb

Welcome to the boards.

I see you're here in AZ.

illone, what is up felow arizonian!

yup, live in PHX. have all my life. as have i been a skins fan. well sice riggo's SB run. lets just say as far as my memory serves. LOL

but i dont think he will retire either. he just threatened to. totally diff than actually doing it.

i just think that there is too many rumors going around thas all. they need to get their stories straight if there gonna cover anything up.

or they could just etll us fans the truth and let us come to our own conclusion if he should or shouldnt retire.

wait, we will do that anyways! teehee

sbb

illone, what is up felow arizonian!

yup, live in PHX. have all my life. as have i been a skins fan. well sice riggo's SB run. lets just say as far as my memory serves. LOL

but i dont think he will retire either. he just threatened to. totally diff than actually doing it.

i just think that there is too many rumors going around thas all. they need to get their stories straight if there gonna cover anything up.

or they could just etll us fans the truth and let us come to our own conclusion if he should or shouldnt retire.

wait, we will do that anyways! teehee

sbb

:doh: He didn't threaten to retire. It was just Portis screwing around, read the rest of the posts! Not trying to get on you, just saying, first, why would Brunell do that? Second, given the character we know he's got, how does that seem like a Brunell thing to do? He's in one of the best career circumstances he's been in, he still doesn't have a ring and he played very well last year. It just doesn't add up, PORTIS WAS ****ING AROUND, BRUNELL ISN'T RETIRING AND DIDN'T THREATEN TO!

so then did brunell hurt his finger in a freak shooting accident?

or is it a shoulder injury?

or does he just not want to partake in our workouts?

i could go on and on. but i only want to know the truth.

dont hesistate to give me anything. i like to debate.

civily, that is.

sbb

sbb

Wrong. No matter who the QB is there will always be Skins fans who root for the backup. If Brunell did actually leave there would be threads popping up left and right about "Campbell vs. Collins", and "Which vet QB should we pick up to compete with Jason and Todd"

The sky is to blue like Redskins fans are to QB controversy;).

Sigh. You're probably right.

It's not the fans fault that we haven't had anyone we could call with legit pretense a franchise QB.

Williams, Rypien, Schroeder - Brunell, Cambell, Ramsey.

The overall point is moot because Mark is NOT retiring but for those of you who insist that CP was joking and the rest of us are fools for believing the hype, I have one question. Did you see the Portis interview on NFL Network? I did and I did NOT get "joke" out of it. I won't be back to check replies because I know what I saw and heard. When asked about Mark's thumb injury (which WAS reported by many news affiliates),Clinton said the coaching staff faked Brunell's thumb injury so he could take time off from OTAs to consider whether or not he wanted to continue playing NFL football. He was in "explanation mode", not "comedy mode" when he made the statement. Period.

Profootballtalk.com ran a story about a month ago saying there was a veteran who came really closing to retiring before getting talked out of it. They wouldn't say who it was, which was strange considering the rumors the site does publish. That said -- who knows, maybe it was MB?

Brunell or not, I'm even more thrilled with the Collins signing. He's better than you think -- just never got his chance behind Trent Green. Saunders wouldn't have kept him on the KC roster for so long and then brought him here if he thought he couldn't play. And we all know Jason Campbell is going to be the man sooner than later.

the story the way i see it

mark was out shooting/hunting with some linemen. somehow he broke his finger, some freak accident. he comes into redskins camp with a broken index finger. gibbs does not like the fact that his starting QB broke his finger shooting a firearm. but how lame would it be if the story got out that he did infact break a finger while shooting. they had to come up with something to say to the media about his absense form the field.

that is what i am looking into. i want to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. the official xplanation.

sbb

Correction: This year will be his last. Campbell is pretty much guaranteed to start next year, and a guy as accomplished as Brunell wont want to stick around and jsut be a backup.

I am thinking along similar lines. After we win the SB this season I think Mark may decide to go out on top (especially if he gets banged-up and Campbell comes in and looks really good).

and i believe it was MB that threatened to retire if they did not cover for him.

either that or he just did not want to participate in our workouts.

found out forsure it was his finger, and recently had the split removed. well not too long ago anyways.

funny how i cant find how he injured it tho.

sbb

and i believe it was MB that threatened to retire if they did not cover for him.

either that or he just did not want to participate in our workouts.

found out forsure it was his finger, and recently had the split removed. well not too long ago anyways.

funny how i cant find how he injured it tho.

sbb

well Pittman42 insider, Joe Gibbs said he injured it on a helmet. - So you're saying Joe Gibbs is blatantly lying about an injury when he could just as easily say he wants to rest Brunnel or wanted to get the other guys snaps? :paranoid:

Plus, why did Mark show up for every single practice if his master plan was just to stay away.

what gets me is some fans here think CP was just joking around when he said that.

was he joking around when he said, in the same breath, that JC was not ready to be the starter in the coahces eyes?

is that something you randomly joke about?

but like CPstretch said, does it matter? no.

but as a fan that loves this team with every beat of my heart.

i am curious to know what really happened.

does it matter in the long run. no.

but a rumor is a rumor, until it is prooven true.

sbb

this is what i am saying.

that MB broke his index finger on his throwing hand, while out hunting with his linemen. this type of injury takes 4-6 weeks to heel. that gibbs was not happy with his QB, and somewhere along the lines MB threatened to retire if they did not cover for him. so then they came out with the "he hit his hand on a helmet in practice" bit. when we all know they dont even get close to teh QB in these vol workouts.

so now, everything is O.K.

everyone believes gibbs, in that it happened in practice.

he will start

so this is pointless

unless the rumor is true

then, does that change the way you think about MB?

sbb

what gets me is some fans here think CP was just joking around when he said that.

was he joking around when he said, in the same breath, that JC was not ready to be the starter in the coahces eyes?

YES.

Don't you think if this were not taken as a joke, someone in the media (other than a drunk guy calling into a talk radio show) would have been talking about it?

YES.

Don't you think if this were not taken as a joke, someone in the media (other than a drunk guy calling into a talk radio show) would have been talking about it?

nobody but us redskins fans really care.

and even then. why not just take it as a joke and go on merrily!

in the long run. it does not matter.

he will start.

but my concern is that the coaching staff is not sold on JC yet. but yet they drafted him in the first round. in that, he should be contibuting to the team. and holding a clipboard is not contibuting, IMO.

carlos rogers

sbb

Archived