Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell rumoured to retire?

illone

Lol, you guys are great. I'm telling you, they're probably laughing at this thread right now at Redskins Park. CP said it with a serious face but it sure seemed to me like that came straight off the top of his head. I just don't see it, maybe I'm crazy but why would they cover up the hunting injury and if that was the case, why wouldn't they tell CP to keep his mouth shut about it? It just doesn't add up in anyway. Well, it does in one way, and that is if Portis was just being a goof.

Seriously, nobody has yet to explain how a character guy like Brunell came to decide to threaten retirement so he wouldn't have to practice and then show up to every practice and watch. If he's contemplating retirement, has an injury that has him sidelined, he's still going to show up and watch Collins and Campbell throw? :doh: It doesn't fit, it doesn't make sense. Not to mention that Brunell knows he's got gas left in the tank, his team is better than ever and he's a COMPETITOR who wants to go out with a SB ring. It just doesn't add up at all.

but my concern is that the coaching staff is not sold on JC yet. but yet they drafted him in the first round. in that, he should be contibuting to the team. and holding a clipboard is not contibuting, IMO.

Gibbs had to have been 'sold' on JC to trade up the way we did to draft him. He's learning the system and spending time learning the NFL game, much the same way Rypien did when he first came in the league. You know Gibbs likes to shelf his QB's for as long as possible so I just don't understand why you want JC to contribute right now. Holding a clipboard is the best thing for him right now and Brunell gives us the best chance to win this season unless something crazy happens in camp;).

But anyways, that's a bit off topic. Trust me when I tell you this. Save the QB controversy for camp, there will be plenty of time for that:laugh:

See what I mean TheSteve?

Lol, you guys are great. I'm telling you, they're probably laughing at this thread right now at Redskins Park. CP said it with a serious face but it sure seemed to me like that came straight off the top of his head. I just don't see it, maybe I'm crazy but why would they cover up the hunting injury and if that was the case, why wouldn't they tell CP to keep his mouth shut about it? It just doesn't add up in anyway. Well, it does in one way, and that is if Portis was just being a goof.

Seriously, nobody has yet to explain how a character guy like Brunell came to decide to threaten retirement so he wouldn't have to practice and then show up to every practice and watch. If he's contemplating retirement, has an injury that has him sidelined, he's still going to show up and watch Collins and Campbell throw? :doh: It doesn't fit, it doesn't make sense. Not to mention that Brunell knows he's got gas left in the tank, his team is better than ever and he's a COMPETITOR who wants to go out with a SB ring. It just doesn't add up at all.

thing is, you dont "goof" around with supposed retirement of your starting QB. neither do you"goof" that your 2nd qb is not up to take his place just yet.

you just dont "goof" about those types of things.

and if it was just a goof. then portis needs something else to talk about besides redskins gossip. you are right tho, he should just have kept his mouth shut, if that was the case.

sbb

People need to stop taking everything that comes out of Portis' mouth seriously. I saw the whole interview, Portis could barely say it with a straight face, he was talking about Brunell like he was Elmer Fudd. Anyone who thinks this rumor has even the slightest shred of credibility needs to go back and watch some Clinton Portis interviews from last season. Next we're going to have rumor posts stating, "Clinton Portis to retire before 06 Season to persue law enforecement career as Sheriff Gonna Getchya". NEWSFLASH - C Po cannot be taken seriously!!!!!!!!

It's amazing how gullible some members such as SBboudbaby are. I saw that interview on the NFL Network with CP and I could tell you right here and now that there was absolutely no legitimacy in what he said.

I wonder when the season starts on the 31st, are those including SBboundbaby still going to still ponder about the status of Brunell once he sets foot on the field? :doh: By the way: Go skins :point2sky

It's amazing how gullible some members such as SBboudbaby are. I saw that interview on the NFL Network with CP and I could tell you right here and now that there was absolutely no legitimacy in what he said.

I wonder when the season starts on the 31st, are those including SBboundbaby still going to still ponder about the status of Brunell once he sets foot on the field?

I found some more of this Brunnellretire.from the NFL blitz,this will put us even with the NFLif he does .Cause Brunell bring that Vet experience to the talbe in which Campbell dont.so it might be interesting soon.If Campbell not ready I have full confidence inthe Saunder protege T Collins maybe have to find another experience QB.Please dont look Kerry Collins way.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/index.php?c=2&a=854

Quote from article:

"Added at safety is former Ram, Adam Archuleta. Archuleta will fill the hole left behind by Ryan Clark who signed with the patriots".

This goes to show just how credible some things are.... :doh:

I wonder when the season starts on the 31st, are those including SBboundbaby still going to still ponder about the status of Brunell once he sets foot on the field?

i hope to god there wasnt any ligitimacy, and he was joking around!

i still dont think that is somthing you joke about.

i wont be pondering about his status. i will be more concerned with production!

sbb

People need to stop taking everything that comes out of Portis' mouth seriously. I saw the whole interview, Portis could barely say it with a straight face, he was talking about Brunell like he was Elmer Fudd. Anyone who thinks this rumor has even the slightest shred of credibility needs to go back and watch some Clinton Portis interviews from last season. Next we're going to have rumor posts stating, "Clinton Portis to retire before 06 Season to persue law enforecement career as Sheriff Gonna Getchya". NEWSFLASH - C Po cannot be taken seriously!!!!!!!!

I believe Clinton also said he could throw a football to Mars.

Are YOU trying to tell ME he can't throw a football to MARS? dollabill.jpg

I think MB broke his finger while fighting off the aliens that were coming to invade the world. The Redskins front office didnt want everybody to know that Brunell was actually a superhuman because theyd get in trouble with the owners so they made up a story about how he injured his finger on a helmet while practicing to throw the ball over a rock (to simulate roy williams' coverage). As for CP, it was not him doing interview but his double personality, also know as, Clenton Portes.

Ryan Clark didnt sign with the patriots, he gave them his autographed jersey.

• 3 months later...
Brunell and Bledsoe had great careers, very possibly hall of famers, but they came in the same year and need to leave the same year as well.

Brunell is no where near HOF. If he had a great season this year (4000+ yds passing, 30+ td's, low int's, good passer rating) AND lead the skins to the SB, then MAYBE you could consider him.

Bledsone, on the other hand, doesn't deserve HOF (IMO), but is close.

Archived