Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Find out when your name was popular in history

China

My name was so popular for so long there was actually a book written to turn the tables on it: Beyond Jennifer & Jason.

My name's Jason. And I have a cousin named Jennifer. Our family is real original. :doh:

My name was about 300 out of a million when I was born(ranked 804), and now it is only 1,300 out of a million(ranked 82). Damn, I'm special.

My son's name is actually in decline. Right now, about 575 out of a million. WOW, my wife's name was about 2,000 out of a million when she was born(ranked 26) and now it's not in the top 1,000.

Good site.

EDIT: Type in George. WOW!!!

My name's Jason. And I have a cousin named Jennifer. Our family is real original. :doh:

You want original? My brothers name is Mike, my parents are William and Mary. :doh:

My dads middle name: George.

I swear to God, im naming my first born son Danger and my first daughter Aeon Flux.

interesting site, although I was checking how common names were of people I knew and I put Lisa in and the box was still checked for boys and ya durring the 60's(only) there was a big spike in usage. drugs are bad m'k. Oddly on the same note there was no boys named Sue.

interesting site, although I was checking how common names were of people I knew and I put Lisa in and the box was still checked for boys and ya durring the 60's(only) there was a big spike in usage. drugs are bad m'k. Oddly on the same note there was no boys named Sue.

How bout bill or george or anything but sue :)

Hell yeah....quite a jump there starting in the 50's. I wonder why? :whoknows:

:D

I do know that the name Christopher has been in the Top 10 names for boys per the Social Security folks for quite a while

When I was young I tried to say I was named after Capitals flash-in-the-pan Chris Valentine. Never mind the fact that he wasn't even in the minors when i was born. :doh:

When I was young I tried to say I was named after Capitals flash-in-the-pan Chris Valentine. Never mind the fact that he wasn't even in the minors when i was born. :doh:

I was named after my old man....who was named after a Saint. (He was raised Catholic) I didn't have too much choice in the matter! Of course I kept it going with my son,(We call him by his middle name though) so maybe the name will stay up there in the top 10.

My name was not in the top 1000 names in any decade. At least my name is unique and original. :) My son's name (Gordon) was popular in the 1930's.

Name Voyager

Way off topic, but you may want to get a copy for Gordon of the punk/new wave spoof from 1978 by an English comedian Graham Fellows under the name Jilted John (song titled Jilted John) that became a cult classic.

There's even a video of a performance on the BBC's Top of The Pops on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0XbPsRCCYI

Archived